What are some Veeky Forums magazines and other publications?

What are some Veeky Forums magazines and other publications?

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/How-many-words-are-in-an-average-print-edition-of-the-New-York-Times
drive.google.com/file/d/0B0aJnaOl7gykUHhXbzA5OTNZalU/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/file/d/0B0aJnaOl7gykaVpXc2RDM3lNV3c/view?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

New York Times, The Atlantic, Harper's, The New Yorker, New York Review of Books, New England Review, London Review of Books

>Subscribe to the Economist (weekly) and New York Review of Books (once every 2 weeks)
>Become obsessed with reading every issue cover to cover before the next one comes
>Hardly have any time left for reading books
Who else knows this feel

Do you guys buy your magazines in person or do you order them online?

Ideology lit

Pinecone

Was there one more?

Wire is also shilling on /mu/ don't listen to them

I highly doubt that anyone from The Wire would waste their time on /mu/.

You're telling me it's just a coincidence that this no-name webblog just so happens to be spammed on /mu/ and it's not the creator trying to shill it? Bullshit. I've never even heard of "Wire" before a few days ago on /mu/ but they seem to be a new wannabe-Pitchfork and their taste in music is awful.

The Economist is just way too much content for a weekly, and if you do have a completionist/obsessive personality, then it can ultimately become not worth it, as I found out too.

>no-name webblog just so happens to be spammed on /mu/
>I've never even heard of "Wire" before a few days ago on /mu/ but they seem to be a new wannabe-Pitchfork and their taste in music is awful.
Well you don't seem to know an awful lot about music then.

THE Wire literally has been around since the early 1980s and tends to cover more avant-garde and underground music and art. It's a print magazine that is a pretty big deal in the music world over here in the UK and is sold in most record shops and news agents and I know they sell it at Barnes and Nobles stores in America. Simon Reynolds is probably their most prominent full-time writer (he's written several popular and acclaimed books about the post-punk, glam, and 90s rave music scenes) and big names like Brian Eno, Lee Ranaldo, and Robert Fripp have frequently contributed to the magazine in the past.

OP ignore fp, user is an idiot. NYT is absolutely Oprah-tier radioactive garbage. NYRB is ok.

Go read n+1.

>Go read n+1.
Never heard of it. I'll definitely check it out though.

Both

I had this. I got into overload mode, reading too much, and it caused me to stop reading news all together.

Then I read the average newspaper has 140,000 words in it
>quora.com/How-many-words-are-in-an-average-print-edition-of-the-New-York-Times
Reading any periodical cover-to-cover is a waste of time. If you read just ONE newspaper cover-to-cover each day it would take your whole day. Now add in the fact that there are countless publications out there besides newspapers: literary magazines, science journals, science/history magazines, academic journals, etc. There aren't enough hours in the day.

My solution? Carefully pick which publications you read, and from them only read a few top articles. I visit The Atlantic each day. They have featured articles at the top and down a bit they have a Most Popular list of 5 articles. I choose only about 3-5 articles a day to read. I repeat this for the other news sources I like: NYT, WaPo, CSM, WSJ, and the New Yorker.

It still takes way too long. I think I am going to try reducing it to 2-3 sites daily, and then focus on more longform works on the weekends.

A.M. Pinecone.
Was there any doubt?

drive.google.com/file/d/0B0aJnaOl7gykUHhXbzA5OTNZalU/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/file/d/0B0aJnaOl7gykaVpXc2RDM3lNV3c/view?usp=sharing

Someone actually spent all that time.

Lol

>somebody from /mu/ doesn't know an awful lot about music
What's new?

Less shit than TAR.

Is it the best Veeky Forums zine though?

I came into this thread to say Harper's.
Carry on.

Event, Arc Poetry, Prairie Fire, Humber Literary Review, New Philosopher, The Dalhousie Review, Geist, Grain, Brick, Broken Pencil, etc.

There's plenty out there and I almost exclusively read them for contemporary lit, as opposed to new novels.

If it's a book or novel, always go with the classics or highly praised

>What are some Veeky Forums magazines and other publications?
They're called books.

Pansies...

Neato

I like the reading the old author interviews on The Paris Review's website

FUCK OFF WITH YOUR FAKEASS MAGAZINE
YOU KEEP SHILLING THIS ON /MU/ BECAUSE NOBODY HAS HEARD OF YOU IN THE REAL WORLD

Wire has been present on /mu/ for a long time.
If you only heard about it now you're probably a pleb lmao.

It's appparently some sort of meme to either complain either about Wire being some sort of "normie" Top 40 pop magazine (entirely false) or that it's pretentious and racist/sexist for focusing on experimental music instead of mainstream rap and pop music. And not only that, now there's memes claiming that magazine is nothing more than a failed "pitchfork wannabe website" run by some user in his basement, that it doesn't exist at all, or that it's an elaborate russian front for selling drugs.

/mu/ represented here
no they haven't, they have been spamming our board with their bullshit viral marketing campaign for 2 weeks and it's gotten them nowhere.
bye.

>And not only that, now there's memes claiming that magazine is nothing more than a failed "pitchfork wannabe website" run by some user in his basement

That's exactly what it is. This guy's been shilling his crappy web magazine that nobody's ever heard of before and it needs to stop.

its a fucking enigma

Dude, do you find it fishy that nobody's ever heard of it outside of /mu/ before and on /mu/ it only became known in the past 2 weeks. Not only that, but for a magazine that's supposedly "famous" and been in print for years, there's no record of them ever being published and the only thing that seems to exist is their magazine "covers" and their AOTY list but never the content within.

Stop misconstruing! We all know it's a failed attempt of the Russian government to hack into American teenagers' personal computers by advertising a fake magazine on Veeky Forums to make them download all the supposed "issues" on rutracker (which are in fact empty pdf files) which in turn contain the communist spyware!

Hampus fucking shilled the zine under his original trip, Wire is as big a mainstay in these spheres as Scaruffi is

But neo-/mu/ whose average age is 17 and came from reddit and follows Pitchfork/Fantano religiously and listens to nothing but flavor of the month trap rap, pop, RnB, "EDM", and select "indie music" would of course have never heard of The Wire before.

Good list.

I can only add Lapham's Quarterly and Jacobin

Wait does the economist have a new issue weekly? Also ive always heard it's a pretty reputable source can anyone explain why? I've read a few articles and it seems to be well written at least

Yes, it's weekly. Yes, it's reputable. Why? Because it has a reputation and history for being so.

I swear to god I'm gonna kill the RYM autist that started this shitty meme. Back the fuck off?!?

What meme?

>It's appparently some sort of meme to either complain either about Wire being some sort of "normie" Top 40 pop magazine (entirely false) or that it's pretentious and racist/sexist for focusing on experimental music instead of mainstream rap and pop music. And not only that, now there's memes claiming that magazine is nothing more than a failed "pitchfork wannabe website" run by some user in his basement, that it doesn't exist at all, or that it's an elaborate russian front for selling drugs.
There's also a fake AOTY list in heavy rotation kek

Don't bother with /mu/ anymore. It's been exceedingly shit for a while now. I don't know why I still come back there. Even the generals I usually frequent/lurk in have become incredible shit or disappeared from the board entirely over the past year. It's all just underage kids who listen to rap and Top 40 and shit or just terrible fucking forced memes. I usually just search the archive for links or posts related to artists/genres/albums I've been into lately.

Check where she's looking. Each eye.

The Failing NYT and the New Yorker are rags, don't listen to this man. The rest is fine though. I frequently make soft, passionate love to the Atlantic over a basket of National Geographic issues from the 70s-80s. That distinctive pungeant high gloss paper drives me wild.

Please don't bully. Sufferers of ptosis and ambylopia are people too.