Pan Identification

Hi Veeky Forums

I have seen a few videos where Gordon Ramsay uses this specific pan... can anyone identify it?

The recipe I most recently was following was this one for haloumi cakes. I had never heard of haloumi before, and would like to try other recipes as well. Does anyone have any suggestions?

youtube.com/watch?v=M8OGXmLTTiI

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Lodge-CRS12-Skillet-Pre-Seasoned-12-inch/dp/B005U93RYW
youtube.com/watch?v=AmC9SmCBUj4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think the brand he uses is Swedish - Nys & Hödt

The brand is less important than ensuring the pan is NICE N HOT

Just watch a few videos, do they intentionally blur the brand name?
Alton Brown does that.

It's just a carbon steel pan.

America's test kitchen actually has a video reviewing carbon steel pans, I'd just pick the best one there but make sure it's NICE AND HOT

>It's just a carbon steel pan.
I'm pretty sure that is a non-stick pan. No way you can get the seasoning so even and so dark in a pan actually used (a lot) for cooking.

isn't it a vogue pan?

I thought non-sticks get fucked up if you try to heat them with nothing in them. No way Gordon would make such an amateur mistake.

It's a matfer bourgeat (french) pan.
they make non-sticks but they are known for their black iron (carbon steel) pans.

That is a myth,my man.

They get fucked up if you overheat them. Vastly different from just pre-heating. Don't put a nonstick on anything more than medium heat

Fuck gordon ramsay. His videos of him cooking are shit now and he drowns everything in oil.

Also, fuck him for turning his youtube channel into cringe reality tv shit

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>PAN NICE AND HOT
>medium heat

Another reason I don't think Gordon uses nonstick

>youtube videos of ramsay using non-stick pans
I-I- don't think he uses non-stick g-guys.

>being such a pussy you can't even reply to me

I'm scared of the trips maaaan!

>drowns everything in oil

I don't know when this idea started but I've just about front-to-backed his channel and he certainly doesn't drown anything the way people seem to think he does.

>cringe reality tv shit

Sure, that's a bit annoying. But I'll start bitching once they start force-feeding it to me. It's free content, mate.

Haha fucking told you

> certainly doesn't drown anything the way people seem to think he does.

He really does. A lot of people 20-40, especially cooking hobbyist and not professionals, see him as the Culinary God though and take his word as gold and thus would see what he uses as the perfect amount.....it really is excessive though

Those home pans he uses look a lot like carbon-steel. You can buy 'pre-seasoned' carbon-steel pans so they are naturally non stick and of course you can heat up those pans to insane searing temperature which is what Ramsay does just before throwing in some oil for a few seconds (Random link, this pan looks similar but his is probably top quality) amazon.com/Lodge-CRS12-Skillet-Pre-Seasoned-12-inch/dp/B005U93RYW

His shows like the L Word he does the same thing, heat a pan up until it's almost smoking, toss in oil, wait a second or two and toss in shit to be seared

You son of a bitch...

He doesn't do this, though Michellin star chefs drown their stuff in fat typically.

Watch some videos from the Fat Duck and other restaurants where they take three heaping tablespoons of duck fat, sear something then finish with what looks like half a stick of butter.

>Haha fucking told you
You didn't tell anybody anything you retard. They may "be known for their black iron pans" but nothing in either that post or that pic claimed much less proved that was one of them. They make plenty of non-stick pans and those look just like that pan, too.

I know it's faggoty to be gushy and nice on Veeky Forums, but I just want to say, that was funny and brightened my day.

>He doesn't do this

YES HE FUCKING DOES

Have you watched any of his videos?

Now I'm not typically one to make assumptions about people on the internet, but I'm gonna guess that you're a cooking hobbyist between the ages of 20 and 40, and you take issue with Gordon's methods or his popularity so you attempt to delegitimize his cooking on the internet by implying that a professional would recognize its flaws.

Yeah, that's about the size of it.

He learned from Marco Piere, who has the same damn problem

I bet you give great blowjobs

Marco Piere does legitimately drench his food in olive oil. It's practically his signature. But Ramsay trained under Guy Savoy and Joel Robuchon for twice as long, and I'd say that's where a hell of a lot more of his cookery can be traced back to.

Even if you could get the seasoning that even, the top edge of the steel wouldn't remain shiny. Also far too thick, this is coated aluminium.

So, can I put high heat and sear meat on a non stick pan?

I moved and I still didn't buy a steel pan for searing.

>high heat
>non stick pan

enjoy the taste of cancer and weird chemical flavors

As long as you don't go overboard with the heat you ought to be OK, in a pinch. A steel pan is nice for other things too though - you never have to worry about scratching it or your pan losing its non-stick properties. It will literally last forever.

As long as you don't go above the smoke point of your fats the Teflon won't care much. See Gordon make a steak in non stick here :

youtube.com/watch?v=AmC9SmCBUj4

Obviously you can get a stainless steel much hotter, but going above the smokepoints of your fats will give you cancer a lot faster than Teflon.