I finished reading At the Mountains of Madness last night. What a piece of shit

I finished reading At the Mountains of Madness last night. What a piece of shit.

Half the """"""""story"""""""""" was describing the same boring architecture over and over. We get it, there were sculptures and little dots and everything was hyper realistic. Get fucking real, what is this, a video game creepypasta? Every other word was "decadent" like nigga tip that fedora harder Fat Normie. Also I'm pretty sure he just made up words too, what the fuck is a "cartouche"? more like "you're a douche". And of course he had to shill for his other works constantly like he isn't the same guy.

pretty sure airplanes didn't exist in 1931 btw

Overall 0/10 would not read again.

>american literature
lol did you expect anything good?

To be fair most creepypasta is written by 16 year olds who just diacovered Lovecraft

Some things are just your opinion, but the facts state you are a retard anyway, so why bother?
>because I am an aeroplane :^)

>Every other word was "decadent"

kekd

please don't attribute his work to where his physical body dwelt, he was obviously transmitting messages and concepts from the cosmos and his output should be regarded with this in mind. He was as American as an octopus..

I made this thread as a retarded joke, but that part is true. He uses the word "decadent" so many times. Dude's kind of a wind bag and struggles with concise descriptions. I still liked the story though.

I cant remember which story it was, but this dude used words like "unspeakably" and "indescribable" so many fucking times that I started to wonder if the spooky shit actually looked like anything.

>I started to wonder if the spooky shit actually looked like anything.

How did you miss the point of fucking Lovecraft, of all writers?

>I started to wonder if the spooky shit actually looked like anything.
Lol
I think we're spoiled in a way by his legacy. HPL gets memed so hard that reading the source material can seem a bit stale and "already done" (of course, that's because it has and we're reading the "already done"). At least in my experience.

Did anyone else learn the word "cartouche" from Tomb Raider 4?

wow tastes change; this story WAS Veeky Forums a few years ago.

Ah well, Veeky Forums's not one person.

>implying I'm not a solipsist
fuck off, me

Go fuck me, cunt

I just might!

virgin
autist
racist

Is Lovecraft, dare I say it, our guy?

>shit writer
>unattractive
Lovecraft's /ourguy/

Lovecraft isn't very good. I read his entire collection. Some of his stories had some things going on, but for the most part, it's just weird descriptions of weird, boring things.

And at least 50% of his stories follow this retarded pattern of
>Something really spooky happened
>But it wasn't spooky, it was actually just normal
>But in the end it was actually really spooky and scary all along!!!

that's the impression I got from "Mountains". I probably won't read anything else by him.

THe titles are good though right?

'At The Mountains Of Madness' SOUNDS scary

I have read most of his stories but I don't recall that many with the "double fake-out" structure. There are some attempts to explain things rationally but mostly you know it will be a supernatural explanation. Other stories like "The Outsider" and "Under the Pyramids" are structured completely differently.

Can you provide some examples of this pattern you're talking about.

Stop me doing that.

user we dont read here at Veeky Forums, please dont ask such awkward questions

It's been a while since I've read it, and I read them all in succession, so they blended together, but Pickman's Model and From Beyond come to mind.

That's the point

>That's the point
That's a fucking dumb point especially since it's something that doesn't need 50 fucking "the indescribable horrors I saw was of such indescribableness and horrorness that I have nightmares about this indiscribable horror every waking hour. Did I mention it was horrific and indescribable."

That's boring as fuck it's annoying to read paragraphs over some crazy horror he says he will eventually explain but it takes fucking years to give a description that isn't that insanely hard to describe (because for fucks sake he describes it)

you have to have a vivid imagination to read his work. i have so many paintings in my head and seen so many photos of temples

>obvious bait
Reddit please Stop.