If you have the taste buds of an adult I'm sure you'll agree. Ketchupfags out, and get out of MY city...

If you have the taste buds of an adult I'm sure you'll agree. Ketchupfags out, and get out of MY city. Only flyover-cucks and literal children actually "enjoy" it and use it. I say "enjoy" because they're just fooling their brains into associating sugar and sweetness with taste which it does NOT fucking have.

>m-muh sugar tomato syrup
Only subhuman autistic rednecks and children put that shit on dogs and fries.
If you have a bottle of ketchup in your fridge you need to throw that shit away and stop buying kiddie condiments.
Mustard and to a lesser extent mayo are GOD tier condiments and you don't ruin a good dog with one. Especially the official chicago style dogs, its sacrilege.

BINGO

>le spicy mustard meme
BEGONE

Did you take that picture in the airport? Midway? The dogs from that place are ass. Best dog I had on my visit to the city was for $5 by that big mirror-bean thing

The reason it's taboo to put ketchup on a hot dog in Chicago is because the typical "Chicago dog" already has tomatoes and sweet relish on it, so ketchup is overkill and ruins the flavor.

No one here cares if you put ketchup on other kinds of hot dogs, and really no one even cares if you put ketchup on your Chicago dog either. Go back to Gary, sperglord.

I had this ketchup in Australia once that had a lot less sugar in it than your typical Heinz/Hunt's ketchup, and it was pretty tasty. Really emphasized the vinegar notes over the sugar.

Putting ketchup on a hot dog is like putting beans in chili

The only acceptable way to do it?

I agree that ketchup is repulsive; I immediately disregard the opinions of people that like it.

This.

yeah, i make my own during tomato canning season and it has no sugar or salt in it

People who put ketchup on burgers or steak should be thrown into concentration camps and gassed. Everytime I see some geriatric fuck do this in a restaurant I internally cringe at the thought of a perfectly good piece of meat being ruined by that shitty fruit sauce.

Marinara is acceptable depending on what you put it on, however.

yeah ketchup really ruins the refined, delicate flavor of mystery meat sausage.

This big ramble tamble speaks more to your own insecurities concerning your pallete than to the merits of ketchup

The Chicago hot dog is a fucking terrible joke. The Italian beef is the only true worthwhile Chicago institution.

Chicago-style deep dish is alright, but as soon as you think about its relationship to other pizza, it quickly reveals itself as a unique pizza by way of hacky Midwestern jackassery. It's exciting to see the Detroit-style deep dish supplant it as a better pizza.

But the Chicago dog, my God. I guess you have to feed those dumbass Indiana tourists something.

>Only subhuman autistic rednecks and children put that shit on dogs and fries

Getting so opinionated in what others enjoy or don't enjoy and has no affect on you personally is the height of Autism.

>Chicago complaining about flyovers
K

The only people who care one way or the other are massive twats?

>flyover
>cucks
>literal _____
>muh _____
>autistic
>____ tier
I think that's everything on the checklist. All that's missing is Pepe.

Thanks, friend.

This was the most reasonable comment in this thread.

Chicago was founded by people from New York. They liked the crime and poverty that New York had, but it just wasn't cold enough.

Chicago has a lot of great restaurants, but the Italian Beef is the only real culinary contribution the city has made.

what's wrong with dipping fries in it? are you a communist?

My out of towner relative comes to Chicago, we grab some hot dogs while we're out. He asks the lady at the counter for ketchup, since he ordered his without most of the toppings

"ketchup? For your fries?"
"no, for my hot dog"

At this moment I locked eyes with the lady at the counter, feeling an intense burning embarrassment that could only be cooled by swimming in Lake Michigan using cinder blocks for floaties. How dare this tourist embarrass me in my temple.

"he's from New York"

My response was met with raucous howling laughter. Had I not joined in, we may have been kicked out, shot, or accused of domestic terrorism.

A long-held practice given that rancheros carried dried rations of both chili and beans and would have inevitably combined the two?

>Chicago
>Not prime flyover territory
Hilarious.

I just dont visit establishments that refuse to provide common condiments and parts of a meal that are typical for what is being served. Of course people will give snarky replies to this, but it actually narrows down only a few locations from the pool of good restaurants.

>eat shitty sausage
>whine when people use shitty condiment
I could understand it if it was on something half decent like pic related, but being elitist about fucking hot dogs is so fucking plen.

>If you have the taste buds of an adult I'm sure you'll agree.

If you had the taste buds of an adult, you wouldn't eat hot dogs. It's a food meant for children and simpletons. period, end of discussion. kys.