Are they worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hq680ITf0nY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What?

What is a lime? Some exotic vegetable?

Limes are proof that God exists, and He wants use to be happy

>Has anyone tried these yet?
Maybe some brave user will. I'm certainly not gonna be the first.

>limes
Oooh! Look at the pretentious hipster with his cool exotic fruit that costs $100.
Neck yourself hipster fag.

I buy lemons and limes and use them to flavor my water throughout the day. Vitamin c, good taste, and it's much better than any soft drink garbage most people consume.

>he fell for the underripe lemon meme

That's actually a good idea when I'm not in the water only mood anymore

Limes are just hipster lemons.

>100$
For real? It is dirt cheap at here, Vietnam. Around 4$ per kilogram.

Nah...they're cheaper than lemons, but taste just as good.

What's wrong with those oranges?

user............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

limes are ideal

>$100
do you only get expensive meme limes

>muh superfoods
Quality of life comes first. I don't want to live to be 100 if I'm just eating nasty vegan crap

>Citrus
>Anything but a millennial whole foods meme

ever since publix started selling these all the numale twinks here have been blowing their entire trust funds on them

this is why Trump won

I was so used to using lemon juice on deep fried stuff, schnitzel, in salad, with fish, fucking everywhere. But sadly, lemon prices and quality went in a very bad direction over the last years. Now I started using lime juice and it's great. It's a more flowery flavor, but very good. Made me also realize how much I had forgotten or stopped noticing the taste of lemon juice because it was everywhere. So, I've become a lime friend now.

>schnitzel
whoa we're so impressed!

>shunning citrus

enjoy your scurvey, dumbass

>Are they worth it?

Limes? Are they a recent innovation?

I love to squeeze half a lime into a glass of ice water, especially in the summer heat.

impressed by a fucking schnitzel? it's everyday food, how exactly is that impressive? and why the plural?

You have to remember, to the vast majority of uneducated flyovers a foreign word with a "z" in the middle is exotic and frightening, so their immediate reaction is hostility and a desire to smash it to a pulp. You have to step down 10 or 15 levels and attempt to think like that subspecies of amerilardians to understand.

I tried them when they were first getting big a few years ago, pretty underwhelming desu, just a weird tasting lemon. I think chipotle made sheltered suburban teenage girls go crazy over them because they're "different". Basically the fruit version of sriracha.

i hope one of those 8 ways doesnt suggest sucking the juice for health benefits. say goodbye to healthy teeth if you do that. seen it happen before on a kid, it sucks

it's unironically pretty incredible how diverse their flavor can be, especially when compared to lemons

when i'm out of limes I occasionally try to follow the recipe with lemon juice/rind instead and it often fucks with the flavor balance.

Is it true that Mexicans call lime "limon" and lemon "limon amarillo"? Lime is not "lima" there?

limes are a meme

t. numale hipster

>diverse
That's not something good

it's just a lemon that's not ripe

haha epic thread guys
good job lmao fuck this is some damk shit

I actually tried one this week. They were on sale for $5, so I couldn't resist. Kinda felt like a fag buying it, but whatever. Basically, it was like a shitty unripe lemon. Not worth it.

I wouldn't eat one if it was free, people like you are why the once great white race is dying

Get a rocks glass, squeeze the juice from one lime in it, add ice and fill with vodka then add a packet of True Lime powder.

You mean there are places where limes are new to people?

Germans settled in flyover country. Flyover country loves fried meat.

America and other first world countries.

They've gotten big here ever since Burn Notice, they were always drinking mojitos which is a Cuban drink that has limes in it. I haven't had the "authentic" version but I made it with normal lemons and it tasted alright.

I agree. I think Id rather have 70 or 80 years of a fun life than 100 of a more boring one.

You got the wrong kind of limes, fags. Pic related. Enjoy your wrong lime faggotry, fags.

I'm American and these things have been around in stores for as long as I can remember.

yeah but calling it "schnitzel" is pretentious as fuck, I've lived in the upper midwest for my entire life and nobody I know does that. sounds like some calicuck fad from people who have never worked a day in their life

You got that right. The only time I buy limes are just to pile them up and blast them with my AR-15. When I'm doing that, I'm generally thinking of hipsters.

Yes, completely true. As a Mexican, I've actually never been able to afford "lemons". Mexico pretty much only uses these "limes", that for us are called "limones".

nah fuck off cunt

>Mexico in charge of limes

I wanted to, but I couldn't hold them all.

You're not even trying.

i have
you usually need to add something to them or add them in something

what i do is cut up some of these things called apples, idk if you heard of them
i cut of these apple into bite size bits and i squeeze the lime juice onto them
it ends up tasting like sour candy, im sure you already know what candy is....

are we experiencing the birth of an epic new meme

>An American walks into half a metre long "fruit section" of at Wal-Mart.
>"furrrken hipsters eatin' shit that don't even come in a can."
>"I don't trust nothin that don't not ain't come from outa mah freezurrr"
>"I can buy 10 pounds of frozen msg packed chicken polony thats way cheaper than a fucken green lemon hur hur"

OBSESSED

California here
My folks have a mexican lime tree in their backyard and they are superior to regular limes. Less pith, more juice

Yee haw brutha fucken French words are for pussies. I voted Trump :^)

wow

Texas here. Please fuck off, we're full

Joisey here, you think you're better than me?!

What? You never had limes?
Why do fresh fruits and vegetables cost an arm and a leg in the US?
Is everyone so fat because no one can afford proper food?

Is LA Beast healthy?

youtu.be/hq680ITf0nY

theyre joking, youre either an idiot or also joking, and they dont
everyones so fat because for some reason the average american can afford vast amounts of food while also being able to never move far for it

I think their obesity has more to do with their shitty diet than a lack pysical movement

that's because you're 12 and don't even remember a world without feminists and SJWs ostentatiously putting limes on everything because their iPhone told them to do it

Brazilian here and this thread is surprising.
What you call "lime" we call "lemon", because it's the default version around here.
Also, great for caipirinhas

pith off

It's inflation, caused by Obama. Just a few years ago, I was able to buy seven limes for a dollar at my local Mexi-Mart. Then Obamacare made the federal debt soar, the dollar collapsed, and now you can't even find those in the U.S. any more because Mexico cut off our supply for nonpayment.

Damn those ostentatious SJW's and feminists! They use hipster lemons and avocados to show off instead of bling like regular people.

If we had the gold standard like Ron Paul said we should, inflation wouldn't be a problem, but Clinton-appointee Jane Wiedlin is running the Federal Reserve now and she wants us to go like the Weimar republic (that's history, boys, you can go look it up on the Encarta).

The price of limes wouldn't even budge if tax-and-spend Democrats would just stop printing money like mad. Not that I give a shit about the price of limes. Just a little econ 101 for you liberal arts baristas.

Did it immigrate legally?

This is why I'm all-in on Bitcoin. In another decade I'll be able to get unlimited blowjobs for just a couple of millibits.

>$5
Where the hell do you live? Those things are like 45¢ each here

We get it for like cent here in India . What's the big deal about it ?

Just like avocados, hipsters are demanding lime on every fucking thing, so the price has quadrupled in 1 year. Either that or Mexico is punishing us for the sins of our emperor by restricting the supplies.

Fresh fruit/vegs being too expensive is a meme perpetuated by fats who can't into economics or cooking.

t. Wisconsin Internet Defense Force

Am I in an alternate dimension? In what world are limes some sort of hipster fruit?

This one

apparently anywhere that ins't flyover country just learned they exist, and their hipster bullshit bodegay grocers are now selling the at a 5000% markup

Yeah they're good

I usually get about 7 of them with my 29 dollars' worth of food stamps every week

>Has anyone tried this before?
>a lime
>lime
>mfw
What do you clean your meat with imbecile?

Veeky Forums is so full of shitposters and retards I can't even tell if they're joking or they thought limes were something soft-drink companies made up.

I see what you did there, and I chuckled miss Paltrow

unripe lemons are overrated

just buy them ripe already and stop being such a stupid get

It's just one guy that got unbanned 6 hours ago.
Yes, he does 100 percent of the shitposting on the dot.

Wait three hours. He's also "glass of water" guy and I'm not sure why mod lets him do this.

Avocadoes went up in price in part because of the drought in California. Similarly Mexico's been struggling to produce enough limes the past few years for a bunch of reasons including the drought, canker, cartels fucking with distribution, etc.

lurk less, you're hallucinating

No, Texas HERE, Fuck you. He's right, you're wrong. END.

You opened my eyes bro thanks for the rec
Will be doing this forever and ever

Florida here, I just did a line of coke and tried to shoot my brother

He's joking you fucking retard

jesus christ why is everyone on Veeky Forums so autistic

Looooowwwww IQ.

>citrus is the only source of vitamin C in existence

baka desu senpai

After reading this thread, I have lost all hope for humanity.
Either, there really are people who don't know what a fucking lime is or how it tastes or think it's some meme fruit like an idiot
OR
You're all just baiting about fucking limes, in which case, I hate you.
Either way, you've managed to raise my misanthropy to new levels.

This deserves at least one (You)

Limes.

Very useful for reference

Here in the Netherlands as well. Every saturday at the market, they shout at you. I get 2 full bags of anything for €4 at the end. Literally 5kg of fruits and vags

>5kg of fruits and vags
Sign me up.

>Murica
>First world country

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA+HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAGGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGHAGAGAHAHAHAHAHLADYGAGAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAJAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA+