Relegion and science

>Why is believing in god strange and rare amongst scientists ?
>Not that it affects anyone, its just a hope for life after death
I've wondered why they refuse it becouse what is god does exist, we dont have proof he does nor that he doen't if it is a he. But lets imagine that "he" does exist and you belive in his existence and after u die hell provide you with eternal life. If you dont you wont benefit in life really nor gain anything exept maybe if you were to live like ur religion wants you but for the most part you would like ho to hell and thats scary if you think about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Du1kxaJEH3E
pewforum.org/2009/11/05/scientists-and-belief/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ur grammar is scary

Ur mama is scary lmao

>Why is believing in god strange and rare amongst scientists ?
It's not, you're just ignorant. More often then not, brilliant scientists and God have gone hand in hand.

>Not that it affects anyone, its just a hope for life after death
It 100% effects everything, God is our Father and creator. You're just ignorant and refuse to learn the Truth. If you ask our Father sincerely for the Truth, He will provide it for you. Just stop clinging on to your false reality you've concocted for yourself.

>that post + that img
You're giving us a bad name

I'm in STEM and have some deep spiritual beliefs based on observable metaphysical phenomena. For example even though we have a decent understanding of the fundemental forces, there is no reason "why" they should exist. That is an observable metaphysical phenomena. I believe in a "prime mover" of sorts.

Is this you??

youtube.com/watch?v=Du1kxaJEH3E

Its not rare nor strange. Most scientists are either agnostic or completely divorce their religious beliefs from science (like how you should they should have nothing to do with each other). Those who don't make that distinction become annoying shitheads or just quacks.

Source: pewforum.org/2009/11/05/scientists-and-belief/

I tried to find God for quite a while a year or two ago. I was praying, meditating, reading the Bible, going to church, etc. over the course of a few months.
I thought I had found him for a day or two, but I think I may have just brainwashed myself into thinking the intense feelings A Love Supreme was giving me was God's doing.
Am I not worth saving, or does God just not deal in giving us any indication he's there?

I'm not sure what "us" you are referring to here, but religionists really can't get a name worse than they already have.

Can you please explain to us the process of how you were trying to find God? Also, how does a person know they've found God? You say you weren't able to, how do you know this?

>Can you please explain to us the process of how you were trying to find God?
As I mentioned, I was reading and thinking about bible verses, I was "praying" in the way I remember being instructed as a kid, talking or thinking things to an empty room, etc.
>Also, how does a person know they've found God?
I wasn't expecting like, a conversation or a visit from an angel or something. I donno though... a feeling? Some sort of certainty I couldn't necessarily explain or something? Idk really.
>You say you weren't able to, how do you know this?
Because I'm fairly unconvinced there is a God atm.

Sooo, this all exists only in your head.

Not particularly religious myself, but from a religious PoV it's easy to justify all science as gaining a deeper appreciation for how well-made the universe is, while religious text can be understood as an analogy meant to give a satisfactory explanation to bronze-age illiterates.

>god does exist

I guess? I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to.

Why does it have to be a who instead of a what? Ill tell ya why, ego. We all operate off of one, it is extremely beneficial to the survival of your genes

>God
Allah?
Jesus?
Yaveh?
Sophia?
That's stupid.
God who

>pascal's wager
>in the year of our linguini 2017

There is life after death, it's called mating.

The problem with religion is that the choice of deciding which faith to follow. Anyway you look at it, the decision is arbitrary and is almost entirely a function of the culture you're brought up in. If you can't logically choose one over another, then you either choose one arbitrarily or plead ignorance and be agnostic with the latter being the only honest thing to do