Would it be weird if I went to a dine in restaurant alone? I'm 19 and have a gift card I don't want to waste

Would it be weird if I went to a dine in restaurant alone? I'm 19 and have a gift card I don't want to waste

race/ethnicity?

I'm also 19 and the only time I sat down in a restaurant without friends/family I was entirly ignored.

Do with that what you will.

Dress up like a truck driver and pretend you're just passing through town.

No, but it might be really boring. Consider taking it to go or using this opportunity to catch up with a friend. When does the card expire?

As a 31 year old, dining alone doesn't feel weird. Sometimes you don't want to cook.

As a 19-year old? It's kinda weird.

i went to a nice restaurant once by myself, sat at the bar. it was good, bartender was talking to me a bit and a guy next to me talked about the local hot spots. its not bad, most people are friendly. dont think everyones out to get you

white man
im a baby face skelly, dont think i'll be fooling anybody
no expiry date but I don't have anybody to go with. I just asked my mom but she said no because she's busy

>Consider taking it to go
Actually yeah, this is the best idea I think

I would recommend you take the food to go or just wait until an actual desire arises.

As someone who spent a brief period as a waiter in a big chain restaurant people eating alone was actually quite common. Nobody cares or says anything either, the problem is all in your head.

Idk, go? Who knows it's not inconceivable there might be a female (or male, not judging here) that might be in the same friendless boat as you. It's just possible if you were open to it, you might meet someone to have an actual date with in the future.

just get takeout, then you can eat your tendies in peace without wasting your gift card on a tip

ordering a couple beers and an entree alone at the bar is a very pleasant experience

Asking here you obviously are so insecure with yourself. The minute you walk in the door of said restaurant everyone's cringe detector will be set off. While sitting alone and eating you will try to shrink as much as possible and keep your head down, while everyone else will think how pathetic you are.

Get some self confidence and do whatever the fuck you want while giving no fucks. If you are able to do this then nobody would give a second thought that you are a shit stain on humanity.

yeah no shit I wouldnt ask if I didn't feel the need too

Do they have a bar? You could eat there.

It's not weird. The people who think it is are social dependents, they require the validation of others to do normal things.

As a 22 year old, why is this?

People have lunch alone all the time. Dinner is where it can get a bit iffy but even then it's really not a big deal.

kys insecure 13 yr old girl

fpbp

That age looks ripe for college. If you can eat in a dining hall alone, you should be fine in other dining establishments. It's one thing to dine with someone and converse with them, but sometimes the bs chit chat gets into the way of eating.
Usually if I order something with a drink (and there's a soda fountain with free refills) I'll dine-in, but if no drink I take it to-go. If I'm ordering for multiple people I take it to-go, if not I'll dine-in.

I'm moving to a far away town this summer for an internship. I intend to dine at quite a few restaurants alone. If you feel weird, just remember you're not the only lone diner out there.

People eat out alone all the time. This is normal.

It's not weird.

Eat at the bar, or go around late lunch/early dinner time so that it's not too crowded in the dining room.

I do it all the time because I have no friends. just pick an out of the way table and fuck around on your phone

treat your dad

make a girl go out with you on the pretense that you just want to use the giftcard.

>Just be yourself!

I am 27 and sometimes go to restaurants alone. It just depends on how nice the place is and what day of the week. I'm not going a nice place on a weekend and waiting in line for one.. But I'll go to a local joint on a Wednesday and do it up.

Hmmm yeah kinda this. At 19 I don't think I would have ever felt comfortable dining alone.
27 now and I don't give a shit anymore and do it all the time.
Also sitting at the bar helps (which you can't do at 19).