Grilled Cheese

well, which is it Veeky Forums? butter or mayo?

Butter...always.

butter

somebody /thread my post.

/thread

Olive oil.

I did two the other night, one with butter, one with hellman's mayo. The mayo grilled cheese had a weirdly sweet taste to it compared to the butter.

It was ok, but butter was definitely better.

Oooooh Pop Eye!

THIS IS A TROLL THREAD

NEVER USE MAYO IT TASTES DISGUSTING IF YOU COOK IT ON A GRILLED CHEESE

I like mayo for pretty much everything but grilled cheese is a no no

how come whenever i use butter the bread turns soft and soggy as shit. i've tried different breads and i'm not overdoing it with butter. what's going wrong?

No it doesn't. I prefer butter since it's got that nutty flavor, but not liking mayo is almost like saying you don't like anything fried in oil.
You can't make grilled cheese? user.. it will get crispy if you keep it in the pan long enough. I do medium low.

never said I don't like mayo

have you even tried frying a grilled cheese with it?

>mayo on a grilled cheese
>mayo ever

shiggity diggity my niggity

Why would anyone do that when you could've just /threaded the one above you?

both

i see neither butter nor mayonnaise in that picture. butter and mayonnaise both ave their places, however, mayonnaise's place is not on a grilled cheese

Pretty sure those are neither butter nor mayo

mayo.
crisps much better, vinnegar burns off and you get an unexpected tanginess
also way easier to spread than butter and cheaper.

mayo.

>but not liking mayo is almost like saying you don't like anything fried in oil.
That's like saying not liking bananas is almost like saying you don't like any vegetables.

...but i don't want my grilled cheese to be tangy/sweet?

The answer to your question is "Yes, you do".

Yeah man. I don't think it works out badly at all. If I didn't have butter, I wouldn't have any problem subbing mayo for butter in a pinch.
Do you know how to make mayonnaise?

my coworkers and I occasionally bust out an electric griddle every once in a while, and when we make grilled cheese, a couple of the guys always assume everyone wants mayo and sliced tomato. I just want butter and some nice cheese...

Don't get me wrong, mayo is great on a BLT, but I find it gets in the way of a simple grilled cheese. If I was going all-out on a grilled cheese, it'd be a fat ripe tomato slice, mayonnaise, bacon, caramelized onions, Dijon mustard, oregano, and a big 'ol slab of slightly melted Cabot Vermont cheddar on toasted and buttered sourdough. But it really wouldn't be a grilled cheese by then, just a sandwich.

what happens if you mix the butter and mayo and spread it?

this. mayo on the bread, butter in the pan.

>mayo
>ever. for any reason.

>grilled
>pan
You guys don't even know the basics of cooking.

The fuck outta here with your bait

Miracle whip is not mayo faggot.

Seriously, you guys are fucking dumb.

>butter or mayo
>pic is of margarine and miracle whip

Shut your whore mouth. Mayo is preferable to butter because you use less and it browns and crisps up better. People who say only butter are fatties.

>all these teens who've never worked a day in their lives voicing their opinions.

kek

Kek

KEK

You fucking idiots. If you prefer butter that's okay but stop saying Mayonnaise doesn't belong on grilled cheese RIGHT NOW. YOU'RE WRONG!!!!! Mayo is literally egg and oil. It tastes absolutely delicious and makes the bread more crisper than ever. You're all wrong. Stop spending all day playing video games and you'd realise,LOSERS!

lul xd

I tried to do it with mayo once and it was almost exactly the same except it burned faster

You don't want your grilled cheese to brown really fast though. You want to give it time to make the insides all melty and delicious.

actual mayo all day

it's even better than butter for fry bread / grilled cheese

miracle whip is a crime

>not eating it on a bus

I don't think we're taking about the same thing? I don't mean put mayo in the grilled cheese, I mean you toast the bread that's been spread with mayo instead of butter. It's a fairly subtle difference. Just doesn't have that toasty butter taste. Butter still is best, but mayo works fine too.

Yeah but you don't have mayo in your pic. It's fucking miracle whip who's resemblance to mayo stops at the fact they're both white.

>miracle whip
>mayo
you disgust me

Neither
>putting fat on fat

I'm not OP. Ever.

butter.
mayo simply makes it easier to cook crispy but it loses all the greasyness. Find the sweet spot for the heat.

You fucking scrubs. You thin mayo with lime juice for the bread and throw it in a caste iron skillet that is coated in butter

You aren't even near my level of grilled cheese.

Smoked gouda and pear or sharp cheddar and tomato are the kings.

You don't even know the grilled cheese I have eaten. You would die in awe.

Kek

That actually sounds pretty good. Best of both worlds. Thanks for the tip

I'm not even being a cunt. I am the king of grilled cheese motherfucker.

Mayo.

>caste iron skillet
That's frying not grilling.
Get on my level you illiterate moron.

Someone post the webm so I can rage already. Jesus.

SOUR CREAM

Yes, only as a butter substitute.

>Country Crock
>Butter

>Miracle Whip
>Mayo

Welp, I'm triggered.

neither

guess I'm a strange one by mixing butter and a bit of dijion mustard on the outside.

Everything that's on the fridge