Mention i'm thinking of cooking something vegetarian

>mention i'm thinking of cooking something vegetarian
>people start freaking the fuck out
>le ebin "for every animal you refuse to eat i'll eat three XD"
>"a-a-actually the meat industry is a GOOD thing for animals!"
>"there is literally nothing wrong with eating meat you fucking food nazi!"
>"I bet you still use X animal product, hypocrite!"

What the fuck is wrong with people? I like meat too, I just occasionally prefer an all-veg meal once in a while. Why do people get so defensive about their food preferences?

It's just retarded cultural baggage, like the belief that chicken meat is for the blacks, scotch is an elite patrician beverage, wine is a conspiracy to make you feel uncultured, steak is a precious luxury food, and a day without meat is some kind of draconian punishment to be endured under medical supervision

Most people can't even tell the difference between vegan and vegetarian

Currently 80% of our agricultural land is used for livestock feed. Meat is not a luxury, it's part of a social contract between the rentiers and the poors. Don't try to educate yourself, don't try to better yourself, don't take care of yourself, and for god's sake don't think. In return you get oceans of shit-tier CAFO meat so you can bankrupt your family paying for colon cancer treatments so you can extend your agonizing death to 11 months instead of six

Because you use the trigger word "vegetarian." That connotes a tribal membership which prompts other tribes to declare war. Just say, "I don't feel like eating meat today. Anybody got ideas for a meatless main course?"

t. easily triggered carnist
>"I don't feel like eating meat today. Anybody got ideas for a meatless main course?"
I like how you think the response would be any different than what is bitching about

Because preachy vegans and vegetarians are annoying and often hypocritical as fuck.

Wish there was another word for vegetarianism and veganism without the ideology bullshit.

>eating one meal with vegetables in it is "ideological extremism"

If that seems in any way reasonable to you, you're completely brainwashed

Are you retarded? I'm talking about the ideology attached to those words. Vegan means way more than "no animal products".

>things that didn't happen in real life and thus don't matter

the word you are looking for is plant-based diet

And for vegetarian dishes? Non-meat I guess. Still pretty clunky to say

IDK, OP. I'm an omnivore, I eat meat, seafood, fish, game, reptiles, vegetables, nuts, fruits, insects, sea vegetables, EVERYTHING. But I love eating all vegetable meals sometimes, like a good ratatouille, or roasted root vegetables with a nice sauce, or nut and mushroom patties as a "burger". I eat some form of non-vegetable protein nearly every day, but I love all veg meals too. My favorite Indian restaurant in town is vegetarian, and it's awesome. There's a vegan restaurant close by that makes insane rice paper rolls filled with all kinds of awesome vegetable preparations. And, since it's almost summer, I'll be making and eating Gazpacho every single week.
That said, I generally hate vegans, their shitty attitudes, delusional outlook, and lack of cooking skills irritate me past the point of tolerance.

>op wants to cook vegetables for ONE meal
>omg he obviously wants to force me to stop eating meat why are omnivores like me always being oppressed

You are out of your mind

"I wish to consume a meal containing little to no animal-based proteins or fats"

Are you autists happy now? Or is that still too triggering?

>Why do people get so defensive about their food preferences?
Because they realize it's actually not very nice to kill animals for food.

Lol, I tried taking a carnist to an Indian joint, he loved it and couldn't stop talking it up later, next week he's like
>carnist: hey want to go back to that place you took me to? it was great
>me: oh the indian vegetarian spot?
>carnist: no no I mean... (suddenly looks concerned)
>carnist: that was vegetarian? never mind is there one like that but with meat? I don't mind indian food but as long as it has meat

They're essentially children

I avoid eating red meat so I just say I'm a pescatarian although I still eat fowl or game meat.

>carnist
Go eat a bag of dicks. And don't respond to my posts anymore. YOU are why people hate vegans and vegetarians. No one is a fucking "carnist", you're either an omnivore, a vegetarian, or a vegan. Fuck you.

>that dazed look of confusion, anger and fear when a literal man-child realizes they've just eaten, and enjoyed, a meal with no meat in it

Fucking priceless.

Oh, forgot pescetarian in that list.
But still, fuck ANYONE who uses the word "carnist". Fuck.

>No one is a fucking "carnist"
Except you, and everyone else here getting gigatriggered over someone preparing one meal that doesn't contain meat
>waaah your ideology
Says the guy who suddenly stopped liking something that he used to like because he found out it has the wrong adjective to describe a combination of ingredients he previously found delicious

But they're talking about a person who literally cannot fathom eating a meal without meat in it, I'd say it's a fairly apt term.

The reaction was amazing, it was like his brain was breaking as it attempted to incorporate this new fact and reconcile it with the unqualified enjoyment he experienced by accident

Found the vegan.

Works for me. Now stfu you whiny numale vegan evangelical hypocrite.

People who make veganism a core part of their identity are the most insufferable. They think they're literally superior beings for not eating meat when they are just as human as the rest of us.

That doesn't condone the antivegan movement though, which has collateral damage on to those like the OP.

Who the fuck do you think you're talking to? I'm not a "carnist", I'm an OMINIVORE. Or is that word too hard for you to understand?
Carnist is an idiotic word that only idiots would use. It's a word made up by vegans to try and demonize people who eat meat (using the implication of root word - carnal - and to associate it with the word carnivore, which humans are NOT).

No, because that person doesn't ONLY eat meat. Even if a person eats meat with every meal, if they also eat vegetables, fruits, grains, nuts, or seafood, that makes them an omnivore.

>I'm not a "carnist", I'm an OMINIVORE.
You say that as though they are somehow mutually exclusive

>carnist
Even the most freedom loving murrican is not close to carnivorous.

Would you say the same about a person who makes sure they have a sizeable serving of vegetables with each meal? Your tunnel vision focuses on the meat when humans eat lots of other things.

Whatever. This is bait anyway.

>mutually exclusive
Another idiotic phrase that's been adopted by the ignorant and used exceedingly inappropriately.
However, to answer your question, yes, they are mutually exclusive, to us, since humans cannot be carnivores.

We absolutely could be though.

>used exceedingly inappropriately.
It's only inappropriate because it offends you, kind of like how mentioning a meal without meat offends you

For instance, I am an omnivore but not a carnist. You are a carnist and an omnivore. In principle there could be a carnist who is not an omnivore, although in practice that is rather unlikely.

>since humans cannot be carnivores.
You're the only one who brought up carnivores, not really sure what you think that has to do with anything

Just finished reading the thread, why are people responding to this strawman as if this actually happened? People don't freak out at me when I cook, with or without meat, because I'm the one cooking. Don't like it, don't eat it.

Meat costs too much money

Kill yourself

If you don't eat meat, you're not an omnivore. If you exclude any food group available to humans, you're not an omnivore. Although, in general, humans are classified as omnivores.
Also, I think you are mistaking me for another poster, since you're making statements and assumptions about me that are completely and utterly wrong.
And, I brought up carnivores, because that what the word "carnist" implies. The both use the same root, and have similar meaning, except one is a word made up by delusional snowflakes.

>If you don't eat meat, you're not an omnivore.
You're fucking nuts, we're talking about ONE MEAL here
>and have similar meaning
That's like saying "Justin Bieber" and "a brand new iPhone" has a similar meaning because teenaged girls go crazy over both. Sorry I don't know who the new Justin Bieber is, I assume there's one with a different name now
>snowflakes
t.Pepe the alt-right frog

Oh, and no, the words "mutually exclusive" don't offend me. What offends me is that you use the phrase incorrectly and with abandon, like how people use the phrase "That being said" or any of the other insipid and incorrect phrases that people think make them sound smart.

Great argument fagtron you sure convinced me with those hot opinions

What kind of fucking IDIOT are you? Are you drunk? Didn't they teach you anything about ROOT WORDS in whatever ghetto school you went to? Also, as far as OPs question about "one meal" goes, I'm , so STFU. You're moving your own goalposts, idiot.

Inuit are pretty close to carnivorous. Arctic explorer Vilhjamur Steffanson spent months in the Arctic eating pretty close to just meat. Skeptical of his claim, doctors had him on a strict meat only diet under hospital supervision, and ended up losing weight without gaining scurvy.
>Fat of the Land, Steffanson

Keto isn't a meme. The Acetyl-CoA pathway allows us to gain energy from fat.

Our teeth aren't adapted to it, though.

But being "pretty close" to carnivorous isn't the same as being carnivorous. And when whoever the idiot is using the word "carnist" can show me a pic of his friend eating a raw seal eyeball straight from the seal corpse, THEN, I might accept his use of that term.

I never claimed that we were, just was adding evidence that we could be to the other poster's post. I looked it up because I was curious.

Do YOU know what root words means? It means they share the same root, the word for meat.

Do you know what a suffix is, well-educated user? Did they teach you that in your elite exclusive school?

And it's funny you should accuse me of logical fallacies when your actual logic goes:
>hey I'm thinking of cooking a meal without meat
>oh yeah? well, I don't know why but that makes me angry. why are vegans so preachy? they can make a delicious meal that I accidentally enjoyed and then I will get so delusional with rage I'll accuse them of lacking cooking skills

>And when whoever the idiot is using the word "carnist" can show me a pic of his friend eating a raw seal eyeball straight from the seal corpse

What would that even prove? Your average carnist starts making loud gagging noises and raving about shitskins if he sees so much as a bone in his tendies, let alone actually associating a recently killed animal with food

>goes to vegetarian place
>doesn't notice the menu has no meat
>but suddenly cares whether the menu has meat
Nice b8

And now non-vegans are far worse.
Can't post a picture of a vegetable without them bitching and telling you they're not vegan.

>with abandon
Well la di da Professor College Boy, do I spy an Eton shirt under that tweed jacket?

because so many vegetarian/vegans are pretty militant about it

I rarely eat meat. It just doesn't taste good! It's rank and slimey. Meat smells like a sweaty shoe.

But I'm not vegetarian. I'll eat meat once a month or so.

Also not a vegetarian, but have been following a mostly vegetarian diet for a few months. Had a French dip last week and it was kind of disappointing. Meat just isn't as delicious to me as it used to be. I don't think I'll ever lose my love for a good pork roast, though. Or a cheeseburger.

Well, turnabout is fair play. Non-vegans wouldn't be so obnoxious now if vegans hadn't been (and continue to be) so obnoxious in the first place.

Vegans ridicule your position as an occasional vegetarian as much as carnivores do. As insufferable as evangelical christians are, vegans are worse. They both hate their chosen lifestyles and therefore feel compelled to convert and condemn. The difference is an evangelical, deep down, knows it's all bullshit, but the vegan thinks she's right.

>an evangelical, deep down, knows it's all bullshit
Evangelical Christianity is more of a voting bloc than a religion anyway. Almost none of them actually believe it, they just get caught up in it for cultural and political reasons. They secretly hate church, but it gets Republicans elected.

Vegans, on the other hand, although typically leftist, spend more time attacking other liberals and Democrats than doing anything else. They are True Believers.

>Don't really feel like cooking any meat, just want a nice healthy meal
>Tell my parents
>user are you okay? You're not feeling well are you? Did you eat a big lunch or something? You need to eat more

Number one reason I need to move out

Why would you tell them? Are they supposed to make something different just for you?

vegetarian/lacto-ovo-vegetarian doesn't imply

I make dinner, my mom can't cook and my dad works too late, I haven't moved out because they don't want me to

I can't make meals I want because my mom is a picky fuck and my dad can't eat a single meal without meat