Has here anyone eaten at Long John Silver's

I would imagine it attracts a fairly enriches crowd, can you confirm that to be the case? Also why is cod much more expensive than whatever "whitefish" consists of?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitefish_(fisheries_term)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Calling it Fish and Fries instead of Fish and Chips

Wow. I didn't know anyone could fuck up this badly.

I have not eaten there, but whitefish is a type of fish just like cod, haddock, catfish, tilapia, etc.

Whitefish is whatever scraps are scraped up when trying to catch cod.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitefish_(fisheries_term)

You are full of shit

Whitefish will be whatever mild tasting fish they can get their hands on cheapest. Cod is expensive because it's over-fished so most countries put restrictions on how much it's caught.

Guessing it'll be Pollock or Hake. Both aren't as good as cod for fish and chips because of their stronger 'fishy' taste.

LJS pretty much sucks. It's a shame because forty or so years ago when it started, it was a pretty decent place. Now everything just tastes like way-too-overused frying oil.

The last time I actually went into one was probably at least fifteen years ago. They never have any customers, and it certainly isn't an "enriches crowd" unless you mean ghetto blacks and their "cultural enrichment' crap.

I cook at home mainly and if I go fast food I usually choose fry shops (kfc, ljs..etc) My dutch oven sucks for frying things and these types of restaurants have the equipment to fry properly.

tl;dr if you go out to eat you should eat something that you don't do well at home.

meant to type enriched as in melanin

Why does America hate thick cut chips?

Fish and chips should have thick, soft chips, not crispy fries.

LJS doesn't have crispy "chips"

>Why does America hate thick cut chips?
Because our teeth can handle crunch, and aren't fucked to hell.

Red Robins has steak fries. KFC has potato wedges. They are both pretty popular places. If you want thicker fries with your fish you'd have to go to Nathan's. They carry Arthur Treacher's and serve their fries which are thicker.

We have a long john silvers in my town. I think ive only been there once. I dont get how theyre still in business. It always looks dead and I forget it even exist in the location its at.

Actual FACTS would suggest you are wrong, sharty.

Yes.

Arthur Treachers is better.

>reposting the same unsourced infographic written by a british person
sure.

If only a minority go to the dentist in the US and a majority in the UK you couldn't directly compare rates of tooth decay without making adjustments.

If by "enriches crowd" you mean black folk, you are wrong. They only like fried catfish. LJS is for elderly white people

The only thing I remember worth eating there back in the 90's when I would go down to Virginia Beach was the fried chicken. I only recall white people being there. Same with red lobster but according to the internet nobody but blacks go there.

Besides the free meal I got last year due to the Talk Like a Pirate Day promotion, I don't go there. It was a nice meal, especially the on-point hushpuppy, but my family doesn't usually eat at seafood restaurants.

"Source" is "Nigel"

Go home limey.

Ameriteeth on suicide watch.

delet this

Quality has gone to absolute shit over the last 15 years

Went there recently cause I hadnt been inside one for over a decade, it was terrible. Got a combo platter; everything on it tasted the exact same - bland nothing, old oil, and salt. I drank like 6 glasses of water that night and Im never going back.

>Grubgrade
Ew.

The long john silvers in my town is a part of a "Two in One" restaurant Because it has long john slivers and KFC in the same building. Somtimes I go through the drive thru and get a basket of shrimp along with the 2 piece combo from KFC its really nice and comfy desu :)

What do you hate about Grubgrade?

i dont even know where a long john silvers is

The target audience of Long John Silver's would be confused when they didn't get Lay's

for me, it's the big catch

It's owned by the same company as Taco Bell and KFC and is just as gross and greasy

Every time I get talked into going with my elderly parents the food has a bitter aftertaste like shoe rubber. It's fucking awful.

>the food has a bitter aftertaste like shoe rubber.

They probably don't change the frying oil enough.

>Or at all

t. Nigel Hawtin

I never see anyone at the one in my town.

always busy when i've gone but the food is barely mediocre.

they closed in my hometown back in the states and they don't exist in canada

they have the best fucking tendies hands down no questions asked end of argument

Americhubs call Fish and Chips 'Fish and Fries'

I didn't think I could hate your country more.

I was wrong.

No, we call them fish and chips.

This board needs country flags so we can start identifying and mocking all the /int/ tier postards

I don't care much for fish, especially not fastfood fish, but every 2-3 years I'll get the craving for LGS's chicken, hushpuppies and corn-on-the-cobb.

To my knowledge, there is only one LGS (Long John Silvers, not local gun shop to my fellow /k/ommandos) within 20-30 miles of me, and it is of course attached to a Taco Bell.

Their fries are kinda shit, but really greasy without being too soggy, which somehow makes them decent. The hushpuppies are fine, I always enjoy them. The chicken is the greasiest white-meat chicken I have ever experienced in any country ever, and I like it from time to time. The only other thing I get from them is the corn-on-the-cobb, which is extremely sweet, mushy, and by the time I get to it, it's basically room temperature.

It's been about 2 years since I've had it, I honestly might have it for dinner tonight if I can't figure out anything better to have, just because I sort of miss it.

Lastly, cannot forget the little crumbs of fried batter that accompany every box. So terrible for you, but so delicious.

Go and suck a dick, newfag.

>Fish & Fries

Americans are disgusting.

>eating food
Americans are disgusting

>be 4 years old
>mommy brings home long johns silver for family
>yummy mommy thank you for dinner
>mommy puts me in bathtub before bedtime
>while im in there mommy and daddy get really sick
>mommy comes into bathroom to check on me
>bathtub is full of puke and shit and im bawling
>never allowed to eat there again

They used to call it that.

Just so you guys know, LJS with their iced tea is an excellent laxative.

Have a pic of fish and actual chips.

You ever deal with dumb rednecks? They'd be complaining because they didn't get a bag of potato chips.

It's the actual worst food I've eaten in my life. Even other fast food is better.

that is one comfy pic

Does anyone in the western states remember Captain Kidds being a chain franchise? It was like Long John Silvers except edible. I miss that place so much.

Is it gone? There was one in town in my flyover area back in 2007. It was ok. When I was sick of my home cooking, it was either there or Bojangles Chicken. Or drive another ten miles to get to a "city'.

>natural cut fries
How do one cut fries the natty way Veeky Forums?

There's a bunch of restaurants using the name, usually followed by something like "fish market", "seafood buffet", etc., but I think they're leftover franchisees from when the chain collapsed decades ago.

mmm- clean, white, and decay free UGLY teeth

It's like the "soccer" vs "football" argument in reverse.

Brits call potato fries "chips" for no logical reason (is nothing like a "chip" in definition), while Americans call them fries like it should be.

or "handegg" vs "football"

whatever

THeir quality has declined a lot of the years while their prices have gone up considerably. The only reason to stop at one now is to try and put a few bottles of malt vinegar into your single piece of fish and hush-puppy carry out bag and hope you don't get stopped before you get out the door before ringing the "good service" bell like a mad man.

Brits do have fries, they are a thinner cut than chips.