Any books to look help deal with the despair of seeing the suffering of this world?

Any books to look help deal with the despair of seeing the suffering of this world?

>empathy for others

Back to shreddit, kiddo

The suffering of the world would not bother you as much if you were not already sad yourself. Global sympathy is our attempt to ground our own melancholy in universal despair to attenuate our loneliness

>sounds derpy, but

your own. articulate, lad. don't suffer in silence

I disagree with this thoroughly but I don't care enough to postulate why you're wrong.

>become happy then you won't be sad

really makes u think

How the fuck do you get that from his post?

I'm saying that the reason he's sad has nothing to do with global suffering. It's just a cause for him to get behind so his own sadness makes more sense

So no one can authentically be sad about global suffering?

Not as the primary cause of your despair, no. I know it's not a commonly held opinion around here as a lot of people like to claim the moniker of emotional martyr, but I firmly believe it

I believe you, lad

What kind of credentials do you have to back up such a wild claim? Do you have a degree in psychology?

Dostoyevsky so you can fool yourself into thinking suffering is a virtue.

Bonus points for actively seeking misery and suffering to be virtuous yourself. See: Fag from old thread who took cold showers to make himself suffer from the lack of warm water.

Does this really help? Like other than saying that God/Satan does it? I haven't read it before so I'm curious.

Relating to people is not a wild claim.

Humans can do all sorts of wierd things with their emotion, stimulus and hormones. What he claims probably us the case for many people but not some global fact.

Bump

I dunno if you noticed, but we're IN the universe.

>> fool yourself into thinking suffering is a virtue.
Add Nietzsche to that list

Not really sure what is ailing you but I would recommend these. Chances are if 'Mathematical universe' and 'mumonkan' don't make you feel better they will make you feel worse. My reasoning for mentioning these two is that they can alter your self perception and your relation to the world.

Wall Street I just included as it takes your mind off yourself and is quite interesting.

I'm currently also reading Diogenes which is really fun. I'm finding some parallels with the Zen world there.

wow really made me think genius. Of course I'm talking about isolated groups of strangers you are in no way familiar with

There you go, OP
Dont let any prejudice sway you its chill and thought provoking read without shoving buddhas D down your throat.

There's nothing much to be done. The universe itself has decided to have you suffer.