>on a flat disk* moving 1000mph
>cant feel anything

Sure does
Things that come to mind:
>relativity
>atmospheric and earth acceleration = 0
>how stupid you are

Funny how it PERFECTLY cancels it out, not even slightly off

what you don't feel the effects of gravity?

Apparently a helium balloon doesnt

what is buoyancy

A helium balloon is too much for earths gravity? top kek

>strong enough to keep the entire world's oceans grounded
>not strong enough to pull down a balloon

if there was no air that'd be the case

it is slightly off, that's why it sucks to get up in the morning

kek

b8

less dense fluids float to the top of denser fluids. Put oil and water in a cup and watch what happens.

On a ball "spinning" at half the rate of the hour hand on a clock...

Maybe we have been on Veeky Forums too long and just can't feel anything any more...

It does not even roughly cancel out you moron, gravity overwhelms centripetal force.

It really didn't make you think this time, though. Fucking retard.

This board is so fucking shit these days

No you are wrong. Not feeling anything would coincide with you leaving earth's surface tangentially at 1000 mph. You do feel something, the solid objects supporting you against the gravitational attraction of the entire earth. If you do not understand any portions of what I've just said then you clearly lack the capacity to enlighten yourself beyond your current poor understanding of the topic.

Are you a brainlet?

No matter how strong the earth's gravity was, even if it was 1,000x stronger, the balloon would still float. Think about it. No matter how strong the gravity is, the balloon will still float.

>being so stupid you fall for the bait

Um no the balloon would collapse

I can actually feel the Earth moving. You just have to focus really hard because the effect is very small compared to other stuff. If I really exert myself, I can feel the Sun moving through the galaxy, dragging Earth along with it.

You just really have to focus hard and move your body VERY slightly. In some directions the body is harder to move, but a very small margin.

I think what he's trying to say is that matter has to be a certain density before gravity can fuck with it effectively.

Galileo solved this already. It doesn't even require einstinian relativity, only Galilean relativity to figure it out.

Makes me think you're an asshole.

the gas in it goes on top of the heavier gasses, so it pushes the balloon up with it. it wouldn't work if you attached heavy shit to the balloon and it'll only go so far as the atmosphere remains reasonably thick.

Lol nigger, you forgot the most important assumption of an inertial reference frame.

MODS

Hmm it's almost as if speed is RELATIVE and acceleration is felt.

THIS IS REALLY MAKING ME FUCKING THINK RIGHT NOW. HMMMMMMMMMMM.

Face east, jump up, land basically on same spot.
If Earth is really spinning then the ground should move along when you jump up.
The Earth is flat.

Hold a balloon full with helium, then stop holding it. it goes up. see? gravity is a lie

(i'm just showing you how ridiculous you are, i don't actually believe that)

Inertia, shitstain.

Balloon overcomes gravity, ground still not moving away at 1000mph from balloons view.
Earth is flat.

Inertia, shitstain.

Earth stops spinning, jump up, land on same spot.
Inertia is a lie.
Earth is flat.

Foucault's pendulum. Explain that with a non-rotating disc world.

Still not moving 1000mph.
Earth is flat.

Because FUCKING inertia.
Shitstain.
20 minutes of Wikipedia would help you.

Nigga have you ever been in any fast moving vehicle? Do you feel the speed once acceleration is completed?

T. Fag currently in a fast traveling vehicle

Inertia does not exist.
Wikipedia is full of lies.
Earth is flat.

Jump up in moving 50mph bus, land back, nearly lose balance.
Do same thing on Earth, nothing happens.
Earth not moving 1000mph.
Earth is flat.

>Jump up in moving 50mph bus, land back, nearly lose balance.
This might be because you're a fat fuck

Fucking kekked

The earth takes 24 hours to complete 1 spin. That's incredibly slow.

>In car at 120km
>Don't feel a thing

Hmmm, it's almost like you don't feel velocity but only acceleration.

>in a galaxy spinning at ???????mph
>can't feel anything
YOU CAN'T EXPLAIN THAT
CHRISTIANS 1
ATHEISTS 0

Kek

Shouldn't people near the equator travel faster than people near the south or north pole?

>>on a ball spinning 1,000mph
>>can't feel anything

The spinning of the earth only causes a small change to your velocity vector. I.e. your acceleration vector is relatively small. It's the acceleration vector that determines the amount of force you feel.

That force is called the "Coriolis" force, and it has two components: vertical and rotational. Both are very small in magnitude as compared to the gravitational force.

If you're at the north or south pole, you experience only the rotational component of the Coriolis force. You can demonstrate it by swinging a huge pendulum, and noticing that the angle of the horizontal swing line makes one rotation every day (at the poles).

As you move south, the rotational component gradually decreases, and the vertical component gradually increases.

The vertical component of the Coriolis force is in the upward direction, and it has the result of very slightly decreasing your weight. (The decrease is so small that it would take a careful engineering effort to measure it.) Basically, it's caused by the rotation of the earth tending to "fling you off" the planet. If the earth rotated fast enough, it's possible that the vertical component of the Coriolis force would be come so great that it would "fling" you back into space every time your feet touched the ground, and you'd have to move to the poles to even stay standing on the earth. (It's probably best to try this on a planet with no atmosphere, otherwise the winds could be ferocious.)

By the time you reach the equator, the Coriolis force has no rotational component anymore, and you experience only the vertical component. The magnitude of the two components is proportional to the sine and cosine of your latitude: sine for the rotational component, and cosine for the vertical component.

What if space is water and gravity is density

Globecucks everybody

Lol @ that sham experiment

>Moving through the 4th dimension at a rate of more or less one hour per hour
>feel nothing

I guess that the person who would be moving slowest at any given time is he who is on the piece of the earth which is moving in the closest to the opposite direction as the earth's orbit around the sun. Whereas the fastest person would be he whose particular piece of earth is rotating in the same direction that the earth is orbiting, summing the two speeds.
And the north and south poles would be somewhere between these people.

Fun fact
the meteor that killed the dinosaurs did so by changing Earth's speed so quickly that everything not nailed down or underground was flung into space
That's why we only have fossils from underground

>Shouldn't people near the equator travel faster than people near the south or north pole?

They do. And not only do they travel faster, but their upward acceleration is also slightly greater. (Although it's very small in comparison to the downward gravitational acceleration, so gravity wins out and you stay on the ground.)

>YOU CAN'T EXPLAIN THAT

Sure you can. Just because something is spinning very fast at the edges doesn't mean that it has a high acceleration. Image a very slowly rotating solid disk that's 1 lightyear in radius. The outer edges of that disk are moving really fast, but the orbital curvature is very small out there, so there is really very little CHANGE in your velocity vector over time. And it's the CHANGE in the velocity vector that's responsible for what you feel -- you can't actually feel the velocity itself.

(If you could actually feel velocity, then being on board a train going 100 miles per hour would feel very different than if it was going 2 miles per hour -- but it doesn't.)

>gravity is fake
>earth is flat

double score off this retard

> meteor
> changing Earth's speed so quickly
>That's why we only have fossils from underground

Oh.

I thought fossils were underground because for millions of years plants extracted CO2 from the air, converted it to solid carbon, and then died and fell down on the ground and kept building up layers and layers of carbon on the ground deeper and deeper -- all back in the ancient era where no micro-organisms had yet evolved to be able to decompose all that plant matter.

But I guess that's wrong, huh? So all the fossils are underground because of a single big earthquake 66 million years ago, and none of the plants that have died since then have contributed anything at all to building up the carbon layers on top of those fossils?

Yeah you got it

>on a ball moving 1032482094 mph through space
>cant feel anything
neurons = stimulated

>earth isnt flat
good try retard

Here's the deal: there are three types of Flat Earthers who regularly post to Veeky Forums: assholes who troll for spite, asshole intellectuals who troll to test your knowledge and debate skills, and literal Bible interpreters (LBIs). They all have the freedom to make shit up (lie) because truth and understanding are not their goals, and they end the arguments with "prove me wrong." This nefariously places the onus on you to spend your precious life's time to provide information already available that they haven't and won't consider. By disavowing any science or proofs put forward and continuing to make shit up, they "win" by eroding your patience. It is simply impossible to keep up with having to explain away the barrage of the violations of the most basic principles of geometry, math, science, and logic.

They aren't interested in critical thinking, refuse to put in the requisite effort to do the science, are blind to 3D visualization, and regularly refuse to respond when they can't fabricate anything that would pass even their own red-faced test. LBIs concentrate on believing what their leaders tell them while ironically calling you a "sheeple," and will not allow any sense to mar their fractured perception of the universe. They believe they are right, and they want you to become as stupid as they. The trolls will simply post sillier arguments and regularly resort to insults and taunts to keep you posting.

In any case, there is simply no arguing. Like trying to paint over mud, you just end up with a dirty brush.

Kys underage

holy shit this thread is autistic

I thought flat earthers were adament on thinking the earth was moving up at 1000 mph, so why can't we feel that?

>air in a duct system moves with average velocity, the ducts have a circular cross sectiom.
>maximum velocity occurs in the centroid of the cross-section .
>at all points along the perimeter, velocity of water = velocity of ducts = 0mph

Now for yours:
>earth rotates at 1000 mph
>oxygen has the same relative velocity at the earths surface
>oxygen velocity @ earths surface = earth's angular velocity @ surface = 1000 mph

I'm sure someone else can say it better than me.

Face east, jump up, land basically on same spot.
If Earth is really moving around the sun then the ground should move along when you jump up.
Sun rotates around the Earth.

>walking with tennis ball in hand
>throw tennis ball straight up
>it lands directly in my hand after moving a couple of steps
Fucking witchcraft I tell you

>>can't feel anything
Yeah, it's almost like you're only turning at 0.00001157 rpm, and centrifugal force is pulling at a constant rate against gravity which is also a constant force.

>no matter what you've done, or what've you've failed to do, Earth is still attracted to you

>current year
>still wrongly saying gravity is a force when it isnt.

>Riding in a car
>Going 100 mph
>Jacking off
>Big cums fly straight up
> Doesn't hit my face
> Seem as though some type of body (atmosphere) is creating a field to block a resistant force
Hmmm makes you wonder

I can feel it...

The turn of the earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at a thousand miles an hour.

The entire planet is hurtling around the sun at sixty seven thousand miles an hour. And I can feel it.

We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world. And, if we let go...

>And, if we let go...
Yes.. YES... keep going.... Finish it...

Spinning. In the grand play of this stupid thread it doesn't mean much, but just to be accurate:
Earth's circumference: 24,901 miles
Sidereal period: 23.9333 hours
Rotational speed at equator: 1040.4 mph.
Multiply that by the cosine of your latitude, and you have the speed at which you are rotating around the earth.

the spokes of a wheel move faster than the axle, user

WRONG

It doesn't, gravity is "winning"
Which is why you are being pushed to the earth at 9.81 m/s^2

You neglected to take the turtles into account

Can't flip em if they go all the way down

Jump out of car moving 100 mph
Wtf body keeps moving at 100 mph
Earth is flat

fun fact. to scale the earth would be as smooth as a billiard ball

kek'd

no the rubber would be too heavy

F=ma
Force is proportional to acceleration. You don't feel velocity, you feel changes in velocity. Falling never killed anyone, suddenly coming to a stop did.

Someone please actually explain why a tossing something up in a moving car will come back down exactly straight, but if you jumped on a moving bus you would move back?

Earth is flat.
That's why.

put dick in ceiling fan
wtf ceiling fan continues to spin
einstein ate hitler's asshole

I like you.