That one book you read again every year

>that one book you read again every year
What is it, Veeky Forums?

my diary desu

The Great Gatsby and The Sun also rises.

Just for fun. They're fun reads. Easy to digest, easy to read, great stories (imo), overall solid books.

The Making of Americans by Gertrude Stein

The stranger by Albert camoose

Moby Dick; on audiobook, though.

Mein Kampf and the bible

You wouldn't know it you anglo plebs

Gravity's Rainbow

though my 4th year might be my last for a while. as much as I love it I am starting to notice the diminishing returns

This forgotten gem.

Ecclesiastes

Ride the Tiger, it never fails to give me strength

Don't you get to a stage where your brain anticipates every sentence? How do you keep reading?

I re-read several every year :-D

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

never managed to get passed it though

really want to fill the goblet of fire and read the rest of them too but it's hard

reading is fucking boring

this is my first year of reading, so nothing lmao

Some Borges stories here and there. poetry, too.
read Anna Karenina twice. might read it again in 2017

I reread one of my favourite books this year and it wasn't as good as the first time. I want to die.

Ulysses

The Code of the Woosters

this looks interesting, what do you like about it?

The Oxford English Dictionary.

What do u like about anna karenina?
A librarian recommended it to me and it kept popping up in my life especially after watching into the wild where the kid religiously read tolstoy and thoreau

I always see people read The sun also rises multiple times, why?

That pic pulled me out of the spiral and now I want to get out and drink some alcohol
Thanks OP
If Borges had fun I can too

I know it's short and unimpressive, but Animal Farm. I love making connections between metaphors and reality, especially that from history.

Also had a fap

Good to hear user.

If I feel everythings falling apart I always have a fap and see if that improves things

I wonder whats the biology behind this
It must be pretty simple

I hated The Great Gatsby I couldn't even get through it. It's 90% rich trust fund babies gossiping and blabbing about uninteresting political and social garbage.

I havent read pic related in a while but I've read it at least 10 times it is my favorite book.

El Aleph

skylark

it was the first big novel I read. it also is a love story and I am a bit of a bleeding heart about that. I identified with sperg Tolstoy self insert Levine. I like Russia.
that's about it

The story and Hemingway's style is enough to make it an enjoyable read for when you just want to read something "fun".

Then there are the "hidden" subjects of the book: Post-war depression, masculinity, purity, "the modern woman"...

It's just a great book no matter what you're looking for.

Paradise Lost