Found the mother of all morel spots today. Planning on having them with porterhouse steaks , a baguette, salad (onions...

Found the mother of all morel spots today. Planning on having them with porterhouse steaks , a baguette, salad (onions, tomato, avocado), sauteed green beans, wine (Poizin) and cheese (aged gouda) tonight.

Good for you your having dinner. Excellent blog.
Keep the board abreast of your next bowl movement.

looks great, make sure you finish them before they deteriorate

Nice haul. What's with all the moss?

There was literally no reason to pick them all at once.

Posting relevant and interesting OC is what keeps boards running, dipshit. Do you actually sneer like this everywhere you go?

/v/: Good for you your playing video games.
/diy/: Good for you you made something.
Veeky Forums: Good for you you read a book.

See how stupid it sounds? Now run along to your For Me thread. Your McChicken's getting cold.

Pretty jealous OP. I've went looking many times and can't find them. I don't know if they just aren't in my mountains or what. Good to check after it rains yeah? Maybe I just suck ass.

I need to learn to grow them at home like those mad scientists on /out/.

I left some to produce more spores. Also, I try to pinch them off at their base rather than pull them up so the hyphae remain intact.
They're best cooked when cut length-wise and sauteed until the water they produce has boiled off. They'll be golden brown and slightly crispy.

I'll post pictures of the result.

Found some last week they were on a old riverbed. I couldnt get all the sand out of the pores

Here's the steak (two porterhouse cuts) with the seasoning/rub (Montreal steak, barbecue, red pepper flakes, garlic, rosemary and thyme.

oh shit that's gonna be good

You be from the southern hemisphere

Nope, from Minnesota.

Oh that's funny, your pic was upside down for me

For drinks: Witching Hour, a 2014 red blend.
I got some cheese to go with the wine while we're cooking together (aged cheddar and Gouda)

Oh, sorry. I fucked up.

Finely chopped the rosemary and thyme, which will be added with butter and garlic paste during the cooking process. Blue cheese can be added on top afterwards to steak but my lady friend dislikes it's strong flavor.

Sautéed green beans with button mushrooms for a side dish.

Whoops wrong pic that's the salad I made with onions, avocado, and tomato. Here's the prior photo.

Hope you left some behind too, they look tasty af though.

Minnesota wild rice we picked up at the Minneapolis farmers market is currently cookin in the rice cooker with a bit of ghee (clarified butter added).
Girlfriends Indian so that was her idea. I think it'll be good.

I did. It's a hidden spot that I go to every year for morels but it's never been like this. I guess I've been doing something right.

>Shan brand pre-ground garlic
>Girlfriends Indian
Who ever would have thought

>Keep the board abreast of your next bowl movement.
>tfw you're two retarded too insult somebuddy

Get off the computer, Cletus.

Now that the steaks are grilling, I'll wrap this baguette in tinfoil after applying butter and garlic paste.
Kerrygold aged cheddar and Eitchens goat Gouda with tomato and basil flecks will go with that and a glass of wine.

>bowl movement
>two retarded too

this whole fucking board...

Going to take a little break from posting. The steaks are very thick and are taking some time so we're gonna watch some X-files.

Okay, I'm back.
The steaks are done and I'm letting them rest for a bit.
The morels need to be cut lengthwise and debugged, then washed and immediately put into the sautée pan that has melted butter and is heated to medium-high. This is so they don't get all soggy and shitty as they are want to do.

Sautéing :)

looking good

Here's a photo of what they look like afterwards.

you should give boursin cheese a try for a topper, really rich and creamy, but not as strong as blue cheese.

The final product.
Steak, wild rice, green beans/mushrooms, morels, bread/cheese and salad.
What do you think guys? How did I do?

I see one deudly poison false morel in there, but I won't tell you which one.

Solid user. Looks good. I had a Korean style salad with dandelion greens. Grilled beef on the side. Bite of salad, bite of beef. I'd have posted pics, but it's really not that interesting.

You can eat dandelion leaves?! Aren't they bitter? I remember eating some raw when I was a kid. Tell me more.

steak isn't seared properly, otherwise it looks ok

you're gonna be tripping ballz my guy.

The young ones that grow in spring. As soon as white sap comes out you leave it.

The greens are bitter. You want young dandelions. The salad dressing was sesame seed oil, rice vinegar, and gochujang. The dressing helps with the bitterness, but I had cucumbers, carrots and other stuff which helped too.

Oh. Usually "Korean style" salads are greens with sesame seed oil, soy sauce, a bit of fermented fish extract, and red pepper flakes.

That's how most people do it.

FALSE MORELS ENJOY YOUR DEATH

OP here.
OH God I'm bleeding from every orifice what have I done?!?

Lund's and Byerly's

kek,my first job was working in a Lund's deli

Give me all the mushrooms, or the dog gets it

How do you "debug" or fully clean mushrooms like these?

>food board
>person posts OC about something interesting concerning food
>someone complains about blogging

every tiem

this

Yes yes, wonderful post, for me it's the Mcchicken, the best fast food sandwich

WAY TO ERADICFATE ALL FO THEM YOU FUCKING GREEDY FAGGOT
YOU DEFINITELY DESERVE A FUCKING BAN FOR THIS FUCKING POST YOU GREEDY FUCKING FAGGOT

Imagine what it's like being a teenager now

By the time you get to the normal age of like 13 to 16 to start browsing Veeky Forums, the internet is so deep into shitposting that you have no idea what actual board/forum use looks like and, when you do see it, it's so foreign that it upsets you.

It was intentional. He meant to fuck up the words two an too because he was quoting the dipshit who couldn't spell bowel.

fucking australians

What I did:
Sliced them vertically which reveals an inner hollow cavity. Sometimes there will be a pill-bug or small slug using this as his home. They really arent hard to remove once you slice the mushroom open.
Once you've halved them all and removed all the visible bugs, gently wash them with water (quickly or they will get soggy) in order to get any remaining dirt off.

Are those bugs edible if fried?

>all those quality fresh ingredients
>using garlic paste

So fucking envious right now. You enjoy every last piece you mother-freaker!