/comc/ Day 9 - The Count of Monte Cristo read-through Anonymous

New chart incoming

Chapters 36 through 40

Seems like there are a few people catching up or just joining. I will slap some catch up days in a new schedule.

>Ebooks and audiobook
mega.nz/#F!NIcBwCYL!ZZo5gGqjat1yL_-RkuzZFw

Previous thread

Here is the NEW chart.

Catch up or get ahead days tomorrow and the next day. Hopefully this helps the 3 or so people who are just joining us.

I guess people might also be doing stuff considering it is new year's. I probably should have factored that in from the beginning like with christmas.

Let me know what you think.

>tfw no barouche full of qt Roman pesants to throw bouquets at

An obscure feel but a feel nonetheless

The execution scene made me want to observe one. It was dantes' line "the more you observe death the better you can deal with the thought of your own death".

I mean, that isn't the exact quote but it was something like that.

Thanks for the catch up days, OP. This will help.

This. I'll need them as well. I am like 5 chapters behind.

+

The pages divided by chapters is about 50 so once we get through these long as fuck ones it should mean some short reads for the days ahead.

I am enjoying the way Dantes new life is being teased through Franz's viewpoint.

Gunna keep this bumped. Comfy New Year's Day of reading ahead.

I am catching up today. On chapter 37.

How will dantes justify being associated with all these outlaw types? Don't they ruin people's lives as well?

I think he is obsessed with revenge. During the execution scene he talked about the quick vs slow death, and I think he was talking about how his revenge is more important than anything, after having those you love all taken from you.

Is there a place in hell for those that seek revenge?

Dantes got out of prison, but isn't he still imprisoned in some type of abstract fortress that is the feel for revenge?

I don't think so. Though you don't see that much into the mind of Dantes in most of the story, he doesn't seem to be negatively impacted by his pursuit of revenge. For example, he doesn't hurt himself or others.

By the end of the book, Dantes has a new love, is still extremely wealthy, has made friends, and helped people. However, he also says that all of that hasn't removed the pain he felt when he lost everything and wasted his youth in prison. His revenge was only for justice, not personal satisfaction, though he has found happiness.

What's the 40th chapter called? My edition has no numbers.

in my edition it is simply called 'Breakfast'

Thank you very much for using spoilers. I'm not participating in this book group but am looking forward to reading the novel later in the year and I know very little about it.

Again, thanks.

Thanks, mate.

New thread tomorrow. How is the catching up going?

He doesn't give a shit as long as they don't ruin his or his friends lives.

Good. Will catch up today. Chapter 35 here. Great book.

>tfw still on Chapter 37
haven't made any progress, but I will.

I've gotten a few chapters further than you and I would say they have hooked me back in. I enjoyed the whole franz albert stuff but it wasn't making me turn pages quite as quick, but now it is paying off because characters from the start are making appearances again.

>literally an entire board, /co/, devoted to comic book discussion
>/comic/ general

Fucking faggots

Watchmen is the greatest accomplishment of literature.

Catch-up time is almost over.

new thread