In your opinion, is five guys overrated?

In your opinion, is five guys overrated?

If so, what other burger joints would you recomend as an alternative?

I don't think it's 'over'rated but DEFINITELY 'over'priced

At their price point? Yes. They are overrated.

Not overrated, definitely the best burger from any other fast casual chains like shake shack or whataburger etc

more overpriced than overrated desu

They're selling fresh meat patties and give you so many fucking fries. And free peanuts. What the fuck do you want the price to be?

For what you have to pay for their food they are definitely overrated. Culvers is better than Five Paychecks

This. And they have to make some money back from offering you free toppings, all of which are pricey even using cheap ingredients. Then they have to pay their workers more, because they're further up the scale than McDonalds.

If I want a fast food burger which is rare, its where I'd go because the quality is high enough to justify the price. I get a small fry and they stuff so much in there even I can barely finish it with a 'small burger.'

id say more overpriced than over rated. theres only so many ways ground beef can be made amazing

Well then don't give me so many fucking fries. I'm a big guy and I never finish my fries when I go there.

>pay $10 for a single burger
>"it's ok, a lot of that $10 is free"

I do not want that much food

FREE FUCKING PEANUTS???

Are you fucking kidding me...? You are justifying a $10+ dollar fast food hamburger with FREE PEANUTS.

How about FUCK THE FREE FUCKING PEANUTS and lowering the price?

Oh, wait, even if we did get rid of the free fucking peanuts, they will still charge $10+

FUCK OFF.

Also, I need to point out I don't fault Five Goys with pricing their burgers wherever they do.. I blame the goys who lie to themselves with telling themselves it's worth paying that much for a hamburger because of FREE FUCKING PEANUTS

Fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The burger costs ten bucks but free peanuts...lololol. You ever hear the phrase "for peanuts"? Its because peanuts cost practically no money at all.

>Not overeating like a patriotic American should

GTFO you dirty commie

It's a pretty good burger. Prices have gone up over the years, but still a decent place to go if a group of guys are craving burgers. East coast though, so don't really have other burger places to compare it to.

Don't think it's $10 where I'm at though yet. At that price, I'd rather go to a local pub that has a pretty decent burger.

Way overrated.
Ft burger is the same expensive price but way bigger and better tasting.
Plus you can watch the game and have a beer

culvers is pretty fucking good

What part of that logic bothers you? The locations are nicer than your average fast food place, free peanuts, an assload of fries, all the toppings you want, the workers are paid more. What exactly do you want those burgers to cost?

Well then don't shop there numb nuts. I'm just telling you why the price ends up going up when they're giving you unlimited toppings and free shit.

Why do you think focusing on one aspect of my post and ignoring the rest will make you seem like you have any sort of argument?

If you're going to try and argue at least be intellectually honest about it.

>I blame the goys

pol pls go

You assholes think everything is overrated.

lol this

>these fast-food retards trying to justify spending $20+ at McDonalds hate real burgers because they're slightly expensive

If you go out to eat more than you cook at home why the fuck eat shit?

Yes, it's overrated. Nothing great about it and they charge stupid prices for everything.
Where I live it sits next to a Panera Bread. It's like a head-to-head competition of who can scam more money out of middle-class morons.

u def deserv a fuckin ban for these fuckn post u fckn faggt

It's not free peanuts and free extra fries. Those are the reasons the burger costs so much. They just tell you they are free because they add the price of them into your burger whether you eat it all or not. Marketing 101.

I like it. I dont mind paying a little extra for something I like.
But then again I'm not a NEET like 80% of this board.

Not overrated, but definitely overpriced. Way more expensive than in n out, so I never go.

Smash Burger is way better than 5 guys

Overrated? No more so than In N Out or Whataburger. All three have people that won't shut up about them.

I'll go there occasionally because I get exactly what I want on my burger, nothing I don't, without having to tell the counter person to take off a bunch of shit, and add a bunch of other shit. Plus they have toppings most places don't.

Bacon cheeseburger with grilled onions, peppers, mushrooms, and jalapenos, plus barbecue sauce and hot sauce FTW.

pretty decent

ITT: Jews defend overcharging for mediocre products

yes

make you're own

For fast food, no, I don't think it's overrated. As a matter of fact, as far as chain burgers go, it's the only one I'll eat anymore.
Not that it's the absolute best, but where I live, it is. Better than McDicks, Jack in the Box, Wendys, Carl's Jr, In-n-Out, Burger King, Sonic, Dairy Queen, the Habit....that's all I can think of around here atm.
Now, if there was a Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers here, I'd go there. Or a Culvers. Or a Whataburger. Because those are both delicious and cheaper. But, I don't have those here, so if I'm going to eat a fast food burger, Five Guys is my best option.
All that said, there's better burger options than a fast food place around here anyway. We have some killer local burger joints that make really good burgers, so I'd go to one of those places before Five Guys anyway.

The Big Mac is by far the most delicious burger there is, nothing can top how it is beautifully crafted and it's taste of perfection. It is definitely the burger for me

are americans really like this?

It recently opened in Ireland and a Burger, Fries and Drink is 18 euro, provided it is very good but its not the best

Considering most combo meals cost you only $1-2 less id say theyre worth it by a huge margin

>not immediately submitting to Whataburger master race
Disgusting.

t. amerifat

mcd 1e burgers

the give you unnecessary shit

if only it was 3 euros or something

Just peanuts, and those are dirt cheap in the quantities they buy in.

It's just the opposite actually, they're not giving you anything you don't specifically ask for, like lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickles that half of people pick off and throw away.

Five Guys is still overall one of the best value fast food joints out there. For less than $7, you can get a half decent burger with fresh ingredients and an actually sizable beef patty. Don't forget the free peanuts.

Pic related includes the "All The Way" ingredients which is mostly basics but it gets the job done.

My biggest gripe is that Five Guys has slowly been raising the price. Last year this same burger was only $5.80 and now it is $6.50 + tax. Fortunately, this is light years better than the dog shit that McDonalds is pumping out these days. Click below to see what $5.34 gets you at McDonalds. Pathetic. I'll do five guys over McCucks any day of the week

If you're on the west coast too, In N Out is a really great alternative that gives you a high-quality burger and fries

I'm not impressed, they taste like a burger you can make in your backyard grill.

That would be 8.99 plus tax in Chicago.
They're being real fast and loose with the pricing in their expanded territory. Its still a relatively cheap and definitely worth it on the east coast but the prices else where are dangerously too high.

The food is fresh, the portions are large,. It tastes good, the price is decent for what you get

Patriotism =/= Gluttony
Have fun in hell in 20 years fatty, because I'm not paying for your double bypass.

t. Five guys shill

>I'm not paying for your double bypass.

Oh yes you are, OCare is here to stay. Fight me pussy.

Go away five guys. Shill your shitty food somewhere else.

Oy vey its unada showa.

The one by my house is about $20 for a burger, small order of fries, and a drink.

It's just too much for a fast food joint.

It's been a while since I ate there, but I remember the last few times eating there the burger wasn't that good. And DEFINITELY wasn't worth the price

>worse than a Dave's double
>more expensive than a Dave's double

Complete shit. If you think five guys is good, you're literally a cuck

What? Where the fuck do you live, a single patty cheeseburger is like $5 here...

five guys workers make minimum wage

$17.57 for a cheeseburger, fries and a drink for me. I'd rather have Wendy's cheeseburgers and I think those are even over priced some what once you get into baconator territory.

I haven't been in like two years so I don't know if the price has changed. I remember it being maybe $13-$14 for a double bacon cheeseburger and fries and a drink.

It's really good and it's impossible to eat it all. They cook it fresh with good meat and perfect hot fries that fill the fry holder and the whole bottom of the bag plus free peanuts if you are into that, and free refills. Sounds like a pretty reasonable deal to me considering a double quarter pounder meal is like $9 anyways and you run the risk of everything being cold and sitting there for who knows how long.

Plus you can watch them make it so you know they are doing a good job and making it right and you can choose from a ton of toppings.

It's better than fat burger imo and the only fast casual place that comes close or equals the quality is the habit.

I don't know why people are crying about it.

A big double bacon cheeseburger from burgerking costs nearly $7 and has been sitting there under the lamp for who knows how long and you are crying about a fresh made burger with fresh patties for $10?

Their burgers are pretty good even if they insist on overcooking them and the fries are amazing. They are kind of expensive though. There's a diner up the road from my local 5 Guys that does a better burger and will cook it rare if you like. Find a place like that or settle for 5 Guys.

None.

Go to a restaurant where you can order and eat proper food.

Except that burger king deal is a full meal while as five guys is just the burger. You can buy 12 fresh patties from the butcher for 10$ You retarded Autist

Yes, Culver's

Ok since you retards can't ever seem to figure the place out let me help you out.
>How to order from 5 guys
>Always get the "Little" menu items.
Pro tip: The "little" burgers are actually regular 1 patty burgers and cost less than the double.
>Get "Little" fries because they fill the bag up with the same amount no matter what size you get.
>Always get as many toppings as you possibly can. That's why the shit costs so much because you are paying for all those "free" toppings.
The fresh jalapenos are amazing. Seriously, try it.
>Don't order drinks from there. They are overpriced to shit. Just get a cup for water or take that shit home and drink your cola you have at home.

If you're going there to just get a plain cheeseburger you might as well go to McDonalds or Wendys.

>For less than $7, you can get a half decent burger with fresh ingredients and an actually sizable beef patty

This is literally every single burger place. For $7 I can get an entire meal anywhere else.

1 (one) Bacon cheeseburger $9.65 (nine dollars and sixty five cents). This price only includes the 1 (one) burger and peanuts.

>$2.29 for a fountain drink

That's literally a profit margin of $2 per drink. How did we let ourselves get this Goyed?

Fuck off, I don't care what they charge. Talk to the other idiot who thinks it's a good deal because of "free peanuts"

>jump through hoops to get a decent priced meal

No. Culvers please.

Ignore my point too, fuckface... You are justifying cost because of free peanuts... I could care less what they charge, but it's the fact that you think they can charge what they do because of some stupid free peanuts, you're retarded.

Have you ever been? The normal cheeseburger is a double.... You're not even trying.

Fuck nah. Just too expensive.

why is murica so disgusting with food.

i get it , they really like the calories.
but they think those big ass burgers from heart attack grill is the way to go , greasy and awful.

Like that other pizza place , where you get a slice and you see all the oil coming out of it

>You're not even trying.

Excuse me? Those prices are taken straight from their website.

But their normal burger has two patties

But its not really "fast food" in the classic sense, it's in that hybrid 'fast casual' category.

>Like that other pizza place , where you get a slice and you see all the oil coming out of it

Good god, how long have you been on Veeky Forums and can't identify a pizza based on its grease level by name? Christ, you're somewhat embarassing

not that expensive in houston.

>b-but it's a double!

>White Castle

10 dollars ain't overpriced piece of shit americans, just don't eat 10 burgers next time

"People" who use price as a point of criticism need to realize this site isn't for trailer dwellers.

r8 me, Veeky Forums

>never had sonic
>never had hardee's/carl jr's
>never had krystal's/white castle
>never had steak n shake
>never had dick's
>never had jack in the box
>never had in n out
>never had five guys
>never had fatburger

>implying your Fatburger ass never had Five Guy's Dicks In N Out of you

>tfw you can just go to in n out and get a double double and fries for less than $7

they don't have as many, mostly texas and l.a but Hopdoddy has way better burgers. Regular beef burger is $8. Also whataburger > every burger joint

I prefer Smashburger.

They have finally introduced a small, but personally I find fries unnecessary if you get the double pattie

Smashburger has very mediocre burgers imo. They aren't bad and I eat there sometimes but it's not a place I ever crave.

There's a smashburger in brighton.

I find that unless you have the 'large' burger you can't even taste the meat, it's better than BK and McDs but it's also double the price and should be much better.

Most overrated any burger chain has ever been.

for you