Anyone here even been to a mental hospital/rehab?

How was the food?

A pigment of my imagination

I went to several mental hospital in France, usualy very blend even if you are kindly invited to eat and not let yourself die of starvation.

It's like cow tongue, pickles, boiled potatoes (very dry) with a white sauce.
They give you portions of salt and pepper.
Also the dessert can be OK, if it's not a banana with a yoghurt or apple sauce. It can be some sort of "baba au rhum" or a "flan".

But it's still not worse than retirement home, there, the food can just be -very- bad.

it was literally just like hospital food.

bland as fuck but it was okay compared to school food.

t. American

pretty snackerdocious, brahmosapien.

Wasn't horrible. Like said it was better than school lunches. There wasn't enough though. I was 17, 6'1 and 160 lbs. I could eat a lot, and I was hungry at night but felt stupid asking for more food because I was in there for a stupid reason

mine was decent

breakfast was bagels + cream cheese + apple juice
lunch was turkey sandwich + apple juice or hamburger + apple juice

dinner was turkey sandwich ALWAYS

>A pigment of my imagination
>pigment
You should have stayed.

I just ate my own feces the entire time I was in a mental hospital.

Hospitalized at 17 for school avoidance and suicidal shit. The food was exactly like youd expect.

Breakfast was continental but all prepackaged and on a tray. Shitty school lunch tier meals (although with more calories) with butter, jelly, s & p packets. "High quality" dinners once a week. Around the same time in my life I had to attend an outpatient program somewhere else, and the foodwas fattening, fried, and delicious. This was midwest US

P.s. avoid qt3.14's who slit their wrists

I personally have never been, but I have a friend who's been in several mental facilities, and they always said the food sucked, hard. I think it depends on what state you live in, as well, since some states have higher standards and better facilities, based on their funding. For example, my friend was in mental hospitals in Texas, and apparently it really fucking sucks there. But, I've always heard that the best places to go for mental health treatment are in California, since they have really high standards for mental health care. I had a coworker who went to a place somewhere in California (he had depression and severe anxiety problems) and he came back saying it was the best thing he ever did and talked about how nice it was. So...I'd check how your state (or if you don't live in the US how your country or location) compares to surrounding states/places.

I remember it being particularly bad when I was first admitted since I was in a straight jacket and strapped down on a gurney. They hand fed me what I can only describe as baby food supplemented with some sort of drip IV. Later, after the medication and EST kicked in, it was school cafeteria level.

It sucks, like prison food. About 5 years ago my wife (then gf) was staying in inpatient at one, she was a strict vegetarian and the only things that ended up in her mouth were spaghetti and antipsychotics, both of which she had no choice in. I tried to bring in some stir-fry during visiting hours, but apparently outside food is bad. Ended up finding sources for fertilizer, blueprints of the building, a staff roster, and untraceable guns on the darkweb and plotted to blow up the mental hospital and murder the security so that I could get her out and escape to south america. Luckily they relented and I brought her soup and stir-fry every day for the next few weeks instead.

I would say it depends on where you are in the world, just out of curiousity why do you ask OP?

Ive been in and out for many years due to suicide attempts and similar reasons, so ill tell you about my experiences, Im from sweden. Its mostly a lot like other hospital food except a bit better, here i get to choose between three different meals (Something with meat, vegetarian or vegan) However ever since people are allowed and its so easy people may bring you food or you can order it on your phone or laptop, obviously cables are not allowed for those devices but there is always a special room where they keep your chargers and so on so you just turn your laptop in for example.

Feel free to ask any questions, i rarely post here on Veeky Forums but i thought that i could shed some light on this subject.

>bland as fuck but it was okay compared to school food.
lmao. typical american backassery.
>prison food and hospital food is better than the garbage we're feeding our children

Food at rehab was all the same as the school food in elementary/intermediate. I remember eating scalloped potatoes and ham that were harshly salty. Breakfast wasn't bad, though, it was also the same exact stuff I ate for breakfast at school. Would have been better if I was drunk, but that's the reason why I was there.

Never been to a mental hospital, but the general hospital had some pretty good food when I had a minor surgery. It was all much higher quality than school/rehab food, seemed like they used normal ingredients that everyone could find at a grocery store. Their tuna salad sandwiches were almost as good as mine.

It ranged from bad to inedible most days and on average worse than even a bad frozen meal. I miss the people I met there though, they were all cool.

>people in mental asylums were cool

I found them in general similar to the Veeky Forums base.