Would you like to read a very person letter I wrote just now and probably won't send?

would you like to read a very person letter I wrote just now and probably won't send?

Other urls found in this thread:

lazenby.tumblr.com/post/72782287764/im-a-30-something-lawyer-whos-dealt-with
youtube.com/watch?v=yundAnnvwxY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

personal*

i'm drunk

IF IT WEREN'T IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS IT WOULD BE JUST FINE.

my e's are lowercase come at me

IM SORRY OP
WHY DID YOU BREAK UP

I'm depressed and confused and she's got a life to live

more?

This is sad. I'm really sorry. Why are you sharing your stuff here? Can't you get her back?

Hey OP, I was you same time two years ago.

This guy(person's?)'s writings helped far more than I would ever care to admit publicly.

lazenby.tumblr.com/post/72782287764/im-a-30-something-lawyer-whos-dealt-with

I beseech you to go through all of them

The very latest entry on that thing is one on gender of all things, which given that its a tumblr should set off alarms, but please look past that if you disagree with that one. There's some life awakening stuff in there

thank you

on both accounts I'm not really sure

here's a soundtrack for those of you reading along

oops forgot the link

youtube.com/watch?v=yundAnnvwxY

>tfw writing to gf about silk worms
you'll be fine OP

what does that mean

good taste tbqh

Not bad. You listened to any Red House Painters? I think you'd like. They would go very good your current state

yeah I know them well, big slowcore fan

the captcha made me say egg rolls were sushi in order to post this

my gf probably doesn't read my letters or knows i'm a sperger? OP's emo, he'll be fine with letter loving grills

Do you actually read or do you just think Veeky Forums was the best place to post your letter?

I am always reading, sorry if this seemed like a pandering post. I also like that this board can be oddly thoughtful. Lately I have been stuck on If On A Winters Night, A Traveler by Italo Calvino but mostly because I've been too sad to remember what's going on.

I like Maugham and Hemmingway and Hesse a lot. Would you like to talk about lit?

This looks like a pathetic letter an autistic Nabokov character writes out and never sends. Good OP

send that shit

you're a failure already
you have nothing to lose

I have a hard time believing this letter is real, or at least, picturing the kind of person who writes it.

I'm 50/50 right now honestly

feel free to inquire about said person

this. pretty much.

Sure. I am just beginning here. I breezed through Crime and Punishment and now I'm working on Notes From Underground, both are very good. I'm trying to decide between hopping on to Brothers K or diverging from Dostoyevsky and moving on to some Pynchon. Brothers K is huge, and long, and being new to lit and on the verge of a very busy second semester at university I'm wondering if its not best to stick to shorter works by well known authors first, kinda get a feel for a couple different areas first. But I really love Dostoyevsky.

Anyways that book you said you're reading sounds interesting albeit difficult. And I can relate, its hard to read when the emotions are high.

hey user
give me a free pdf of this book pls

If On A Winter'a Night is a bunch of terminated narratives threaded together by a dream logic journey so it's not really meant to be "followed"

have you read Pynchon at all yet? The Crying of Lot 49 shouldn't be too much of a detour from your studies and you can get back to Brothers K when you're familiar with your classes this semester. It's also pretty great Pynchon. What are you studying?

that's the impression I've had so far, but I thought maybe there was something overarching going on that escaped me due to my state of mind. no spoilers please.

not him

is the crying of lot 49 a good introduction to pynchon?

maybe inherent vice or vineland first but lot 49 is short at least--more of a fever dream than those other two

Just the theme of reading. Every page of Calvino's writing comes with heavy contemplation. It's not something to be skim read but it's not some puzzle box with an answer, either.

Nope, have not read any Pynchon. Crying of Lot 49 was actually the one I planned on reading, I wanted something smaller to get a feel for his work before/if moving on to his other stuff. I study Film and Philosophy. What do you do?

here is page 6 out of 7

anyone actually keeping up? I'm writing 7 now and will post if anyone is enjoying.

I'm in the last year of a phd in chemistry but I like reading anything, philosophy is quite interesting to me also but I can't speak with any authority

I suspect few could actually speak with authority about philosophy, at least regarding philosophers viewpoints and various works and whatnot. One reason I am trying to read more is improve my comprehension so I can better read philosophy, right now I feel my reading skills poor. Better than many others I'm sure, but that's no true justification. And chemistry..yikes lol. I applaud you if you enjoy it.

you'll never arrive when it comes to improving that sort of thing, just keep doing it. and chemistry and math are great when you need to get outside yourself to stave off suicide, which for me is most of the time.

Do you only wish to push time out the window until you have none of it left?

I would also like to discover things that other people might benefit from. I do research now in a laboratory setting and would like to for a living.

Is it satisfying?

>tfw no gf to break up with me so I can larp as a autistic Nabokov character and write a letter to her I will never send.

>tfw i'm OP and I've never read Nobokov but I'm open to suggestions

>a autistic

>reads Notes from the Underground once

sometimes it is, yes. i also like tinkering with things like lasers and optics and vacuum systems and electronics, which is a big part of my job. there's something viscerally pleasing about that stuff.

Pale Fire, it'll serve a good double feature to If On A Winter's Night A Traveler, the latter being a commentary on reading and the former being a commentary on criticism.

I've never read it actually, do you think I should?

Definitely. Can find it online, take you an afternoon to read, and a really great portrait of the modern outcast. Think J Alfred Prufrock meets Eliot Rodger.

is J Alfred Prefrock meets Eliot Rodger an endorsement?

thanks, will check it out

I bet I know many people like you. Are you actually going to send this letter? How long did you date this girl for? Notes From UG is pretty good, and short.

> an afternoon to read
How do you actually comprehend that much while reading that fast? I'm trying to get that readers comp up but its a trek.

My edition is 90 pages. Over a few hours that's really not so much.

I will probably send it to be honest. I need to sit with it for a day or two though. here's the end if you're curious. do you think sending it is unwise?

Fair point. I also am finding the second part to go pretty quick, whereas part 1 I had to reread a few parts to fully grasp.

It's probably unnecessary dude. I'm sure what you really want to say could be said shorter, and simpler.

>I'm sure what you really want to say could be said shorter, and simpler.
this, if there's one thing I've learned in dealing with women it's the fewer words the better

if there's one thing I've learned in dealing with women it's don't deal with women