Literally cries over his own shit house rhetoric performance vlog

>literally cries over his own shit house rhetoric performance vlog

m.youtube.com/watch?v=YnEFt20qe0o

Has he replaced meme harris, whose podcast he'll soon be on in possibly the biggest collide of unearned, smug pseudishness as the biggest hack faggot of our day?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YnEFt20qe0o?t=965
youtube.com/watch?v=u6CsGY8wpGw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He seems like a nice enough guy and very genuine.

Maps of meaning has a good amount of decent analysis

He isn't a part of the alt-right, and it's kind of weird he hasn't made any attempt to distance himself from them, but apart from that I can't see any reason to dislike him other than the fact that he subscribes to some fairly radically non-nihilistic ideas, which puts him against the majority of intellectuals

I love him. Thanks for sharing his podcast !

Perhaps the person most desperate to be a martyr on earth

I feel better about the new year after watching that.

He may not be part of the alt-right, but he is definitely somewhere on the right. I've watched a few of his videos, he takes small jabs at leftist thought while being a lot more lenient on the right wing.

watch more of his videos
his positions are closer to the center. Peterson is staunchly anti-ideology.

He's worked with the NDP in the past.

He's a great teacher and thinker. I see no good reason to dislike him except pure ideology

What a boring, overblown asshole. I've seen just a few of his videos and they all converge into him whining that nazis are coming back and the world's ending because muh free speech is a bedrock of humanity hurr durr

I like what this man has to say but he has to quit the constant crying. This is like the third video where he starts tearing up.

Probably because the alt-right is the most viable movement currently opposed to the left at the moment.

From what I've gathered he's definitely left-leaning. Probably doesn't spend much time criticizing the radical right because: 1) It's obvious what's wrong with them, 2) He works in academia, which is overwhelmingly left-leaning, 3) Liberalism is the dominate cultural force in the west at the moment and it needs to be challenged.

>He may not be part of the alt-right, but he is definitely somewhere on the right
What? Say it aint so! How dare someone lean the other way politically! I bet he secretly donates to the KKK and beats up gay men in alleys

>whining that nazis are coming back
Not even close to what he argues. Hes more afraid of radical leftist curriculums in academia and passing laws based on the radical leftist ideas validates said ideas

>all these alt right cuck apologists coming out of the woodwork to defend their one 'intellectual'

You'd be surprised how many young people of the university-attending classes are turning to weird throwback extremisms bro

I was kind of waiting for someone like him to eventually point out that 40 years of institutional left wing sentiment is breeding neo-Nazi LARPers with PhDs, I'm actually just surprised it took this long

He's 100% right about the free speech thing too, because it's not that the institution is left wing that's the problem, it's that the institution is overbearing and constantly moralising to stifle dissent, so whatever leaning it has is going to become "The Enemy" of people who are tired of being stifled by default

The LARPers are galvanising around some really scary shit t b h, almost entirely because they're centrists and mildly conservative people tired of being taunted by trannies, and centrism/mild conservatism aren't really culturally available to turn to

Watched until he started spewing some MRA shit about women realising themselves through men

I don't think he's a right winger but if true then it would undermine his claim not to be an ideologue and to be entirely centrist (which he does in fact claim, very often, and I do actually believe him)

No need to move the goal posts man

Name one left-wing intellectual.

I'll wait.

i've watched some of his maps of meaning lectures. he definitely seems to make the effort to remain non-ideological but to me it's rather clear that he is idealistically conservative but i think he'd be disgusted by most neocons and alt-righters. he's interesting because he might be one of the few people still living in the cold war mentality.

where's this video?

Emma Watson.

Chomsky

Jaden Smith

Pathetic.

Nowadays theres only Zizek that I follow

But in the past pretty much all of them lets be honest

Laci Green
Cenk Uygur
Franchesca Ramsey
Anita Sarkeesian
Karl Marx

Check mate shitlords ;)

youtu.be/YnEFt20qe0o?t=965

16:05

O-oh. Women will not like this.

>But in the past pretty much all of them lets be honest
Youre joking right? Just because youve only read leftist intellectuals doesnt mean there isnt just as many right leaning ones

As someone who can't suppress his tears over little things even though it's really fucking embarrassing, people who cry publicly without shame really weird me out.

I like the guy but I got to say, not a fan of the crying

You guys are all faggots.

The west is falling and Jordan's among the first to say so so explicitly, shit's real -- and this man sees how bad things have gotten so SORT YOURSELF OUT IT'S NO JOKE

He mentioned his "declining health" at the begginning of the video. Is he dying?

He said shaky health, not declining

What does shaky health mean?

he caught a cold or something desu

He has days to live

>waaah the west is falling
Typical alt-right idiocy

quads of prophecy

yeah, the verb is incorrect
he should have said "the west has fallen"

dubs to counter your quads

it's not enough... the quads are too strong.....

his distaste for leftists is only more pronounced because being a communist/marxist is fashionable in academia. I guarantee he hates right wing authoritarians just as much as the left.

Why is it that whenever anyone approaches actual intellectual profundity, Veeky Forums accuses them of pseudishness? Give me a single person who is an intellectual and NOT a pseud, you retarded OP

If the west is in the process of collapse it's falling, so it would be wrong to use the past tense. Anyways he wasn't commenting on my grammar, and his non-sequiteur wasn't even an argument

>Peterson
>muh genetic archetypes

you're an idiot

He says in an old, old interview with TVO (where he talks about struggling with depression that runs in his family) that as a kid and "even now", he is very easily moved to tears.

I get the feeling what he's seeing has greater personal significance than what his audience has been allowed to see.

Really?

That's pretty interesting

I take back this () post then

t b h, Chomsky's the biggest fucking pseud that comes to mind

the disordered way in which he haphazardly builds up arguments to make a point seem purposefully obfuscated to hide the fact that he's blowing hot air and it's disgusting. same with zizek too honestly

>Peterson is staunchly anti-ideology
How very ideological

I really don't think there are. I'm not even a staunch leftists. In fact, I consider myself a traditionalist, albeit an unorthodox one. But intellectual conversation has always been slightly on the side of progressives until now.

Mind you I'm drunk and I might not actually think this, so excuse me if I'm being retarded.

Chomsky is brilliant when it comes to linguistics, its just his political stuff that leaves much to be desired.

His background in linguistics is what informs his political beliefs.

Give me five good reasons to listen to this weakling.

I am sure he would claim that, but none of his political values follow from his idea of universal grammar say, at least as far as I can see.

Peterson just has a lot of pseud fan boys. He boils down to a classical idealist, matter is subsumed by the mind. It is all unfalsifiable rubbish.

All he does is ramble about politics now, the guy needs to just shut the fuck up and stick to playing scrabble or whatever

That's what I figured, I saw the thumbnail of him being histrionic at a university protest and figured it was just shit that was the same tier as Alex Jones vs. Hillary Supporters videos. Am I right?

1. you have nothing better to do
2. you might learn a thing or two, even if you disagree with him
3. if you actually agree with him, its a very powerful and important message, one that could change your life if you have enough will
4. its a video, so you can play vidya and listen or play guitar and listen, etc etc
5. its fun to watch

I enjoy his works very much, especially maps of meaning. Anyone know other works that are similar to how he interprets religion?

is he a catholic, orthodox or what?

Number four told me all I need to know about him, thanks

Well, I'm to some people it might seem that way.

Don't pay attention to this recent stuff

If you want to learn about the guy, actually watch his lectures

Also
>judging an intellectual system by a thumbnail
New kind of laziness desu

>I am sure he would claim that, but none of his political values follow from his idea of universal grammar say, at least as far as I can see.
It's more about how vocabulary influences opinion or put another way: linguistics influences psychology. He has been involved with the military-industrial complex for a large portion of his academic career and has seen how institutions have changed over time to erode opposition to authoritarian rule.

His early work at MIT was actually instrumental for the development of modern computing technology which has had the largest impact on the military as complex weapons systems can be operated by a dumb grunt with a sub-par high school degree (the military was the largest proponent of introducing computing to the plebs in a form they could understand and Chomsky was able to give them that).

Why are you so angry OP? Did he call you by the wrong pronoun or something?

Anyways, thanks for posting the video.

fag

Why are you so scared of interpreting ideas for yourself rather than having people tell you whether they're worthwhile or not?

He was raised Christian (not sure catholic or not) but had a fall out because he saw religion superficially.

Depends on your definition orthodox. Basically, he says religion can be arcahic (egyptian osirus) and needs updating (horus). However, it needs to be done carefully. You can't just destroy 1000 years of Christianity like the Russians and replace it entirely with a new system. Updates need to be cautious and organic in some sense. Which is why he disagrees with the compelled gender pronouns.

My guess is he's orthodox, dude is disproportionately interested in Soviet/Russian history and literature.

>he subscribes to some fairly radically non-nihilistic ideas, which puts him against the majority of intellectuals
Is that a euphemism for "christfag"?

I'm not scared, that's why I hate him and I'm not taking any of your advice. I took quite a lot about him and you from your post it that makes you feel a little better.

kek
thats basically a totalitarian ideology

youtube.com/watch?v=u6CsGY8wpGw

at 21min in he explains the metahpor of sacrifice which I thought to be pretty profound.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

>we need to "fix" the religion to suit it to the new men

not at all

t b h yeah

what? I'm not talking about regulating the rights of people. I'm saying that if you want to make social change, do it carefully and allow free speech to take place.

nice trips btw

The word "organic" implies the complete opposite of totalitarian.

I'm not the user you originally replied to. I just wanted to drop in and say that you have a really shitty attitude to intellectual systems and it would literally take an hour of your time to watch the first video in his maps of meaning series and see if that interests you. But you've decided not to do that. So why should anyone have any interest in what you think about the ideas of someone you aren't willing to learn about

>trying to reason with a liberal
>thinking a liberal would ever give a fair chance to the views of a non-liberal intellectual

lol?
how about the gramsci idea of organic intellectual
for me its pretty totalitarian, except that it doesn't use violence

>dropping obscure references so that you don't have to actually make your own argument
>Veeky Forums

I am admittedly pretty bad at sarcasm but lit generally does exactly that.
Liberals and conservatives both do that.

>feigning sarcasm

>being this much of a pseud
>not understanding how ideology is constructed and how it differs from generic viewpoints constructed from reason

>Claims to believe in Christian principles
>Creates one of the most egotistical and vain videos I've ever seen

Don't believe this guy's shtick. He has an agenda, I think his principle agenda is to be remembered throughout history as a philosopher or something akin to this, this explains his constant shilling of his artwork "The Meaning of Music" as he calls it and his constant fake facial expressions during his speeches.

This is the 'sacrifice' video that he intends to be watched in decades to come. A true pseud and gross egoist.

>It is all unfalsifiable rubbish.

le popper

Kill yourself, retard.

>reason
>existing

>post yfw if Veeky Forums found his channel to be a small one, with only a few thousand views per vid, they would claim him to be the greatest philosopher of our time

Your sad devotion to the conty religion does not help you solve real world problems.
How did you come to that conclusion?

kek

>unearned, smug pseudishness

Just to remind you OP, Peterson actually has earned his fucking right to rant.
He's a clinical psychologist, was a professor at goddamn Harvard University for 5 years, and has been teaching at Toronto University for over 18 years.

all this fame is gonna get him addicted to groupie pussy

i really don't understand Veeky Forums. was it even a month ago that you couldn't get away from Peterson Is God threads? how he would fuck everyone from Sam Harris to Zizek in a debate? and now he's a hack and a pseud?

give the man a break. he's obviously stressed out, his health is bad, and does he even still know what kind of career he has going forward?

i honestly can't even tell who Veeky Forums actually likes. sometimes it's nietzsche; sometimes it's sam harris; then it's thomas aquinas; then it's the positivists; then it's some random fuck nobody's heard of before. peterson had his moment, but now he's on the outs - what the fuck.

what the fuck, Veeky Forums?

>also happy new year to all you unsatisfiable trogs i fucking love you guys, never change

Peterson is genuine and you're a faggot.

Does anybody remember that thread where an user posted a statistic that read something like 5% of posters on Veeky Forums make up like 90% or more of the posts?

Well how the fuck is that even possible when every month Veeky Forums seems to change their mind on everything? I swear, Veeky Forums has the most bait posts out of any board.

As long as he keeps fighting far-left ideology I'm totally fine with that. I'm the guy looks like he could use a vacation from all this moronic bureaucracy

Your problem is that you seem to have the idea that it's the same people making all these threads. We've got wanna-be marxists, nazi's, literary lifestyle tryhards, trolls, a smidgen of actual conversation, subtle smut, shitposters, genreshit lovers, did I mention trolls

>reason
*tips*
And I'm not liberal. It's that becoming interested and invested and prostrated to somebody else's thoughts and ideas is the biggest and most brutal sign of be a pseud.

Believing that you're smarter than every single great thinker that has ever existed is the sign of a complete retard with delusions of grandeur.

>5% of posters on Veeky Forums make up like 90% or more of the posts

that explains it. it must be the chaos gods, nick land, a 400 lb fat guy in new jersey and like three or four other people tending the meme hearth fires. they just own the whole place. it's their world and we're just passing through it

everything makes sense now

Seeing is believing.