The facade of life

So i've been feeling like pic related. Give me educated and intellectual reasons why i'm wrong and retarded for thinking like this. Some background: I'm a philosophical noob when it comes to these things and also english is not my first languange so excuse my possible awkward wording. I haven't adopted these views from any source, only discovered after i began to realize someone must've thought all this shit out before me, and sure enough, i was right. Schopenhauer, Nietczhe, Mainlander, etc. I haven't deeply read any of their works yet but will do so in near future. If you know any not-so-mainstream authors on the topic you're welcome to suggest. AND if anyone knows the exact gatecory for this way of thinking please do tell - is it something like extreme material reductionism? As i said, not really an expert on this, just discovering all the main authors and people behind this kind of philosophy.

Tl;dr is this just babby's first existencial crisis part II (material reductionism when seeking the objective truth behind all the spiritual nonsense?) and if so what arguments there are that prove this viewpoint wrong?

Also i'm aware of all the religious / spiritual viewpoints that there might exist and i think we're all intellectual enough to not need to go that route.

Other urls found in this thread:

accesstoinsight.org/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'll bump this once - and give it one chance - by adding that I really thought about posting this for many months, knowing that Veeky Forums will tear it to pieces. Or that it will simply quickly pass into obscurity without any replies. Either outcome didn't feel that appealing, thus the hesitation. Anyway, I'd like some recommendations on lesser known authors or solid arguments why i'm wrong. This has been really bothering me for a long time now.

Read Nietzsche to transcend nihilism

>dude genes lol

If i murdered someone would that just be generic? What if i can't get an erection for sex? Did my genes tell me not top pass them on?

What a biology meme. Thinking everything is predetermined by dna author thinking about psychology and culture or anything besides
>muh all knowing science

We have already completely broken nature. The fact that you are even on here contemplating existence proves that you ate above the determination of your genes. How is an existential crisis helping your survival? Would'nt your dna prevent something like that?

just go outside bro haha

Keep reading. The chance that you are being misled by your own reasoning is high enough that if you value understanding then you must read more. If your reading is limited to the fears that beset you then all you are doing is gathering thoughts to reinforce your own. Helpful, but it should not be the whole of your experience.

I speak from a position of having felt life to be utterly meaningless and changed my mind, though without great revelation.

OP here

Can you elaborate friend? It's not all about genes, but as much about causality as well. About things that prederminate your actions as a biological organism. Consider a simple animal like worms or ants or even a computer programs with and/or logic gates, then just make that very intricate and you have a human. Yes, a very complex being but with predermined genes and "goals" that are driven by certain factors that have come with pre-applied values within. Of course you can argue enviromental factors having a play, but it just shifts the goalposts - if that's the correct term. Those are factors that are still out of "your" control.

I'm not sure i'm making myself explicitly clear but i hope you understand what i mean.

I think that Buddhism might interest you, especially Theravada since one of three characteristics is the one of non-self, meaning that there is no self. The rest of Theravada Buddhism is basically dealing with the delusion that a self exists.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Perhaps i wasn't clear enough in the first post. I dont think i'm being "misled" - i've been simply driven to this conclusion by logical reasoning. It's not like i read something, or someone, or wanted to think like this. It just seems like that's the way the world inherently is. An intellectual dead-end. That's the reason i'm asking counter-arguments from people that are more educated about the subject than i am.

That seems interesting, i've heard about buddhism in general from many different sources but never paid much attention on it thinking it might be more something along the lines of pseudoreligious, seemingly-intellectual-but-not-really-because-of-spirits-lol -crap. Talk about prejudices. I'll definitely look into it now.

Remember to try to look for Theravada Buddhism, because Mahayana is full of influences from folk religions, so judging by your post you wouldn't like it, not to say that there are no such influences in Theravada.
And after reading some introductory reading, I think that Good question, good answer by Bhante Shravasti Dhammika is good, read some suttas, you can find English translations here - accesstoinsight.org/

That made me actually laugh, well done.

Only thing is that logical reasoning is all we have, so no can do. Just backing into the age-old corner of "lol ultimately you can't prove that anything exists" is not an answer. It's just a cop out.

Perhaps that's the joke but i'm too tired to tell for sure.

Read Kierkegaard to transcend being a faggot

Enjoy.

From what I've gathered, it's just a dude worried about his sense of self. If he is right in his assumptions, his arrangements of genes are his identity. It's like a house being worried that it's made out of bricks and not recognizing its own unique construct. Interesting idea, though. I've struggled with this idea before and likely again.

That's just your genes trying to get you to kill yourself and improve group fitness.

>not reading Kierkegaard.

You can skip everyone else OP.

Read Sartre.
>user, you can't be serious
Desperate times, friend.

this wtf, OP can you really not into basic existentialism? What are you, like 14? Serious pleb shit.

>Hey, there's a concept which is deep enough that I can lop it onto all of life and funnily enough it makes it so that I don't have to take any responsibility for my being a lazy, depressed degenerate.. that was always going to happen. Anyone who doesn't get that isn't as smart as me so therefore I both get to do nothing and be better than everyone else.

Why you believe this will remain one of the great mysteries for decades to come desu

OP, I was in the same boat when I was in the same boat when I was 18, good news is there's a way out.

First, read again. Yes, I know, 'you can't kno nuffin" seems like bullshit, excessive skepticism that leaves us with nothing. BUT, fun fact, its true. You must accept this. Now this isn't to say that you should beat off on the bus like Diogenes, but it does mean you should tentatively accept that human understanding is inherently limited.

So read Descartes' meditations, and get an understanding of Hume's problem of induction, also known as "You can't know nuffin 2."

From there you need to break out of your conditioned acceptance of materialist metaphysics. I'd read Plato, man's literally a fucking genius. Read Berkeley, his metaphysical system denies materialism and argues all is consciousness. Seems crazy, I know, but with time will come understanding and epistemic humility.

You should also look at the problems that scientific materialism is facing today. Look up the double slit experiment. Watch multiple videos because that shit is confusing as fuck. Look up Tom Campbell on youtube, he goes over the metaphysical implications of the experiment and has attempted to make a new scientific paradigm for it.

Now all of this is shit YOU need to do. I can lead you to water, but you must drink. No one post on Veeky Forums is going to change your outlook on life, you need to do it yourself through a shit ton of reading and reflection.

p.s. When you read philosophy don't just go over it once. It will be confusing, it will make no sense, you will write it off as bullshit etc. All this is normal. Keep reading, go over the concepts until you understand them, and ENTERTAIN THE CONCEPTS CHARITABLY. which means actually think about the logical possibility of crazy claims like 'you can't kno nuffin.'

Good luck user, its gonna be an amazing journey.

If your choices don't matter than why do you care so much lmao

Just be a happy normie