So you want to read all the coolest Roman texts, right? Livy and Virgil? But you don't know Latin?! Fear not!

So you want to read all the coolest Roman texts, right? Livy and Virgil? But you don't know Latin?! Fear not!

I promised Veeky Forums a while ago I'd do this, and I have.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:887d1173534c026cca96924c84525175739e425d&dn=Latin.7z

A collection of videos from the Great Courses'™ course "Latin 101: Learning a Classical Language".

It's a collection of 36 half-hour long videos teaching the Latin language with an accompanying PDF file. The course is taught by Professor Hans-Friedrich Mueller, who seems very pretentious, but he still knows fluent Latin.

Currently seeding, please seed after dl!

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/Essential-Gcse-Latin-John-Taylor/dp/1853996939
amazon.co.uk/Bradleys-Arnold-Latin-Composition-Language/dp/0862921503
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how do you get the file?

It's a torrent. You use a torrent client like Vuze or uTorrent. It's also illegal, so security measures are a good idea. Head over to /t/ if you're interested, otherwise, I can upload the textbook to MEGA if you'd like

Thanks, I've been meaning to learn latin.

No peers :/

Now its at 1 kb/s

thankee mon ami

may seed, then again... I may not, mwahahaha

me hereee again mon ami

I forgot I'm not in a position to torrent anything atm, keep the seed fires burning and I'll start it up in the next few days

I'll seed, I was just kidding you up above mon ami

Thank you very much, this looks like truly fascinating and useful material. Will seed. Thanks again :)

I sort of understood everything written on this pic. Fucking around with Per Illustrata for few months was worth it, I guess

If only Livy was this easy...

latin is just consistent, regular book work.
>learn vocab every week
>review your tenses and conjugations every week
>Practise translation and prose composition.
>if you wanna read poetry (like virgil) learn about metre and how to scan

In a couple of years you'll be pretty good. There's not that much you need know in order to go through virgil or ovid with a dictionary and the internet.

get this or download this, it's an invaluable resource
amazon.co.uk/Essential-Gcse-Latin-John-Taylor/dp/1853996939

Get or download this if you are kind of good, it's a classic
amazon.co.uk/Bradleys-Arnold-Latin-Composition-Language/dp/0862921503

if you know any romance language you basically already know latin

lol at anglos "studying" and "doing exercises" to learn latin

confirmed for not knowing anything about latin.

Just fuckn use Wheelock's in conjunction with Lingua Latina Per Se Illustrata
If only a tenth of the energy that goes into learning Latin, the easiest of classical languages, could go into classical Greek or Sanskrit

14 gb file.

it's vulgar latin
the bible was translated to be understood by the lowest common denominator

hebrew is actually easier than latin

thanks

I'm a proficient reader of Hebrew myself, and while I will agree with you that it's overall easier, anyone who knows any western language and has even a little bit of intuition can look at almost any latin text and pick up at least a rough sketch of the meaning. Hebrew requires more intensive study of vocabulary.

What do you guys think of Latin Via Ovid? Is it a good resource?