Anyone here managed to significantly cut down on their sugar consumption...

Anyone here managed to significantly cut down on their sugar consumption? How has it affected your health and your relationship with food?

Yes. I consumed it mostly through soda (1l per day). How it affect my health:
- less constipation
- skin is cleaner and firmer
- don't feel "heavy" right after waking up

About taste, nothing too different.

>stopped drinking soda
>replaced it with coffee
>stopped adding sugar or cream
>lost 30lbs since january

I don't even exercise, there's no reason for people to drink soda, that shit only exists to dumb down the population.

I only use refined sugar when curing meat. Don't eat sugar desserts and don't drink HFCS soda. Never felt butthurt about it. Strangely enough, I'm not a fatass. Get better my fellow amerilards and stop burying your head in the sand in the name of a patriotism that keeps you fat dumb and stupid.

Did it for around 4 monthes, didn't notice much a difference. The whole "sugar is bad" meme is way overblown

Yes.

It sucks for a few months, but after that, previously unsweet and tasteless things become reasonably sweet, and previously sweet things became extremely sweet, meaning that you'll ingest a reasonable amount of them.

It's a win win. A splash of cream in your coffee will keep you going, and one piece of cake will be the desert of a lifetime.

I do feel like my blood sugar levels are normalized.

>The whole "sugar is bad" meme is way overblown
Shillary voter detected

I consumed a big amount of sugar (2L sodas everyday easily + biscuits, cakes and shit) then one day I almost completely cut. It was really hard at first.
- Went from 190 to 154lbs real quick
- No more random weird pains in chest or legs
- Can't feel hunger/crave now (in the stomach, like I feel I have less energy and that's it.)
- Also habits changed in a healthy way ie eating an apple when I was craving something or drinking a big glass of water instead

Oh and this

great value aspartame is my friend.

Sugar makes you stupid.

Never really went for dessert food / sugary stuff, but back in my late teens / early 20s, used to drink the fuck out of Coca Cola... 4-5 12oz cans a day. Quit cold turkey about 10 years ago and replaced it with drinking the fuck outta ice water.... never looked back.

Not that I see how it's relevant, but I voted for trump. Anyway, sugar is not any more harmful than normal carbs to your body. Obviously if you have a fuck ton of it, which is in things like soda and sweets, it'll adversely affect your health, but the same would happen with eating whole loafs of bread. Sugar doesn't deserve the bad rep it has

I got a little fat over the last four years since I got a kind of sedentary job. Four months ago, I stopped keeping soda in the fridge. I'll still get some when I go out for burgers or something, but there's none just sitting in easy reach when I'm at home. I've changed my diet in no other way and don't exercise more (which is really just a walk whenever I'm bored), but I've been slowly getting back to fitting in old clothes. I don't really feel like I've given up anything either, just keeping bad habits out of easy reach.

This is true, but the issue with sugar is that a lot of people find it easy to casually consume things with a lot of sugar in it. It's the same issue with salt, and well, most foods that get a bad rep. All things in moderation or some shit like that.

>specifically calling out HFCS soda
Cane soda's no better for you.

honestly simply cutting pastries/desserts and sugary drinks out of my meal reduced my sugar intake drastically. It wasn't even that hard. Overtime it also helps you develop a more sensitive palette in regards to sugar so that you won't crave sweet flavors as much.
It did improved my health and helped me slim down. Helped me realize fatties who complain about how hard it is really have no self control.

Yes.
Well, food wise nothing much has changed as most of the sugar I consumed was in sodas and candy.
I dropped those two. So yeah.

>be a 280 lb mountian dew guzzling fatso
>quit drinking alcohol and soda for 3 months to lose weight
>lose 10-15 lbs
>weight loss to slow so say fugg it and resume drinking the liquid jew
>5 months later 298 lbs and i can barely button my pants :D

It tastes much better tho. Syrup is fucking nasty

Yes. I stopped eating all refined carbohydrates. I lost 30 pounds of fat, put on 20 pounds of muscle, and haven't had a new cavity in 3 years. I only eat when I'm hungry now. The urge to eat snacks between meals or graze is gone.

However, bread contains fiber which helps regular sugar absorption.

This is why eating fruit is better than drinking fruit juice.

Fruit juice allows you to absorb sugar quick.

Eating fruit on the other hand slows down sugar absorption due to fruit pulp and fiber.