I need to learn how to cook food. Is this board a good place to start or should I leave now before its too late...

I need to learn how to cook food. Is this board a good place to start or should I leave now before its too late? The most cooking I've done is chopping things to add to a frozen pizza. And ive cooked frozen Bubba burgers.

Other urls found in this thread:

cookscountry.com/how_tos
bonappetit.com/uncategorized/article/must-have-spices-for-your-kitchen
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We only post /jack/ webms here. fuck off

You picked a great place, we can help you learn all about cooking steak and hamboigahs. What kind of cast iron pan are you planning to buy? Griswold, Wagner, or Lodge?

We don't have a sticky, do we?

Well, recipes are always a good start. You should learn how not to fail a recipe in order to make it good. What I mean by that is, what are the essentials that makes the recipe work? After you figure that out, alter to personal preference. Everything else is really basic. Just heat your shit up on a low enough heat for it to cook through and don't let it turn black. Bam, instant chef.

>$10 tip
WTF mate?

I want to make meatloaf as good as Cracker Barrel..

Can you boil water? That's a start.

Try making steamed vegetables. You own a knife and a cutting board? And a pan and a cheap steamer insert? Maybe a vegetable peeler?

Buy some carrots, peel them, chop them into 1/2" piece. Put them in the steamer basket and heat up the water in the pan it's in. Add some diced red potatoes. When those things are nearly done, add some broccoli and cook it until it's done. VOILA. Add butter and salt and eat.

Can you make toast? Toast is also good.

And then there's ramen...

Foodwishes.com
TheScottReaProject
Barbeque with Franklin
Gordon Ramsay
Jamie Oliver
Anything by Julia Childs
Good eats
For good Asian food any of the recipes from strictly dumpling
YouTube and garage sales are your friend.

Go back to /an/ there's much less shit posting there.

I would start off with some basic recipes such as pasta, meat dishes like steak and baked chicken. There are a fair number of easy recipes online that you can used based on what types of food that you like and diet.

Here is one website: cookscountry.com/how_tos

This user had other great suggestions.

Learn about and experiment with spices which are pretty cheap. This list is pretty long so I would stick with a few to get started: bonappetit.com/uncategorized/article/must-have-spices-for-your-kitchen

When you feel ready then start experimenting more and investing in a crock-pot and other items that will make your life easier.

why are you so mean to that dog??

This board has a few good threads about cooking but you have to sort through all the fast food bait threads

This.
It's a lovely doggo.
Looking at its well kept coat I'd say it's looked after just fine and the original photographer is just edgy.

i agree wtf

also this is stupid it just lists fucking soices

What food(s) do you want to learn to cook? Find a Good Eats episode that deals with that food, watch and try. Accept the fact that you're going to fuck it up the first couple of times.

I once cooked a dozen eggs trying to teach myself how to make eggs over easy correctly. Wasted some eggs but now I can bang them out like a short order cook.

lmao that dogger looks so dumb

that dog looks like it's up to no good, maybe it's planning on killing its owner, who knows.

>11.50 +5.75 + 6.75 + like 15 in change =
>13.75
m a t h

>think of something you want to cook
>google a recipe for it and read a few
>find a recipe you like and follow it
>post results asking for tips
>use common sense or just google the tips
>repeat for different dishes

If you post your dishes, you'll get a shitload of critique but also tips for improvement. Honestly, ignoring all the fast food thread/dick waving about cooking supplies, this is a good board to learn from

>or should I leave now before its too late?
Run, OP. Run before "For me it's the McChicken..." haunts your dreams.

>Whole chicken
>$0.37

Where the fuck can you get a whole chicken for less than a dollar?

Autists actually trying to help each other. This is funny.

I forgot healthy junkfood
smoky ribs BBQ & southern Cuisine
CookinginRussia
Almazans kitchen
There are hundreds more but these are my goto favorites.