WTF booktube is talking about Murakami now? He would be disgusted by these kinds of people...

WTF booktube is talking about Murakami now? He would be disgusted by these kinds of people. They are the kind he would be mocking. You gotta be shitting me.

youtube.com/watch?v=3kEaZChxMFw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bt1fv9jcFlA
mimidoshima.wordpress.com/2016/02/14/i-prefer-hello-goodbye/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This woman is batshit crazy. She has a look like she has been fucked 5000 times!! Look at the utter stupidity on her face. HAHAHAHAHA. My god why do americans pretend to like Murakami I will never get it.

I don't really think that's true. Murakami writes for the general reader and he is a very popular author.

this

PErhaps but all these stupid animal human beings should stick to their designated young adult zone , because when they talk about work they have no idea about they just look like idiots. look at this disgusting horse face trustie thinking she is some qualified media critic.

dam dude, savage but i like it

I dont mind if cliff sargent does it but we all know women like this who dont know shit but they pretend they do

that man....... in my country......
he is nothing.

You really need to get off your high-horse. I don't like "kooky" booktubers any more than you, but Murakami is popular fiction and they have every right to review him. He writes teenage fiction but he gets a pass from the critics because a) he's perceived as being exotic despite being hated in his own country for writing like a Westerner and b) because he uses magic realism/ surrealism occasionally.

I'm assuming (hoping) that you're quite young because you cannot be an adult and this insufferable. The books you choose to define yourself by are not a substitute for a personality, so don't be offended when you see people you don't like liking the same things.

she also reviewed stranger things, and rogue one. she is the face of anti intellectualism and worst she is posing as intellectual. the same thing is going to happen on a massive market scale as we are already seeing.

Murakami is about as pleb as it gets.

What is the correct distance to stay away from Murakami's novels?

Kee-rist Almighty

Move to the next reality over

Mishima is also hated in Japan (albeit for different reasons), but Veeky Forums suck his muscled dick anyway.
>because he uses surralism/magical realism occasionally
>occasionally
That's his whole gimmick, user. Kafka on the Shore, Wind-Up Bird, Hardboiled, After Dark, etc. All of them are filled with that shit.

And how is his work even close to being YA shit, anyway? Is it just because it tends to have coming-of-age themes?
youtu.be/bt1fv9jcFlA
>likes Pynchon
>likes Mishima
>likes Kobo Abe
>likes DFW
>favorite Pinecone book is GR
>has a /mu/-core taste in music

She's actually pretty okay for a booktuber.

>tfw not gifted enough to enjoy Murakami

It's a booktuber has to remind everyone they are a cute girl to get more views easily episode.

Murakami is a fraud serving up Kobo Abe's style to plebs who don't want to read his works because of how old they are.

>not liking both Abe and Murakami

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FUCK Veeky Forums WHY DO WE TEACH PLEBS HOW TO READ

>implying theres such thing as "murakami for beginners"
>the beginner list ends up to be his """best""" works

She is fake. She is reading these for attention to be a popular youtube celebrity. There is no way in hell she actually understands them.

His book about running is interesting

>he's perceived as being exotic despite being hated in his own country for writing like a Westerner

this is a meme btw

people in nippon just really dont give a fuck about him

also, what the fuck does "write like a westerner" even fucking mean?

do turks write like westerners? do russkies write like westerners? do mediterraneans write like westerners? some bs

>Mishima is also hated in Japan

what the fuck am I even reading

why do western piggus like you keep acting like you know what the fuck is going on in japan?..

you sound like such a fucking tool lmao

I don't even like this had, but you're such a pathetic lugubrious fuck

user, Mishima is not exactly remembered with affection because of the whole sudoku/coup d'etat deal.

i am so jealous of this girl. look at that stack of murakami. all the covers match. vintage fucked me bad. i bought a few murakami books with those beautiful colorful covers, and then vintage changed the covers to some horrible bullshit and you cant get the old covers anymore unless you buy used in which case you get books covered in cat hair and fecal particles.

>user, Mishima is not exactly remembered with affection

true, though younger people really dont give a shit about that

still doesn't make him """"hated""""". he is well respected as an intellectual

They are translations though, you aren't getting the real book unlss it is the original chink version

Murakami is perfect for the culturally aspirational. He's accessible. He's good at creating a surreal, dreamy atmosphere and hinting at non-existent depth and substance.

He even has a foreign name.

>all those quick cuts in every fucking sentence

Why is it so hard for youtubers to speak properly without being heavily edited?

yep. if he had an american name there is no way in hell there would be so many book tubers going on about him. I know exactly how my fellow americans think and process media. I would wager that 99 % of these hot topic hipsters who read murakami have no idea what they are reading

I prefer most of the old covers, but some of the redesigns do look better.
>pic related
Both sets were designed by the same guy, though.

It looks like she gave up on her YouTube channel.

She'd been struggling to hit 1000 viewers for a while, then she hits it big with this 40,000 view video. She probably got all excited, thinking this is her big break, never to hit anything close to those numbers again. I wonder how long she chased the dragon for, how long that feeling of hitting 40,000 views on a 7000 subscriber channel sustained her, until she gave in to reality.

Man, she really went all out too. The jump-cuts, the pro-Youtuber-esque thumbails, subscriber specials, the works. It looks like she even splurged on a decent camera.

Poor girl.

tfw

you have a 1k channel too user?

I only follow book tubers that get 100 views max and are female. One of those girls gets less than 20 views, another less than 10 for every video, yet they keep making them. All of them seem to work in the service industry, they also seem very unexperienced when it comes to romance (when a boyfriend is mentioned I unsubscribe). I love watching those videos because they are the closest thing I will ever see that resembles a female version of myself, a loser that wastes time.

While it would be fun to discuss these channels I don't want to share them, as popularity would ruin those channels for me.

>He would be disgusted by these kinds of people. They are the kind he would be mocking.
No.
Booktubers are Murakami's audience.

But user, Murakami IS YA.

Why do lesser known female youtubers always do the shit with "I've been requested by so many" etc all the time before they are just posting yet another video that they would've produced anyway?

Lesser known male youtubers maybe do this shit too, but I always notice it more when seeing the female equivalents do it - whether it is ASMR, videogames, books, films whatever - am I misogynist or do they actually do this more frequent?

I know I just fucking hate it when someone is trying to tell you how fucking important they are.

It's one of the reasons why I hate Donald Trump - because he is such insecure faggot that always have to lie about how everyone thinks he is the best even though it is not even remotely close to be everyone

tl:dr; I realised that Trump has a vagina and that he is eternally insecure

>he is well respected as an intellectual
He is not respected as an intellectual by anyone.
Japan has great writers, some of them rank among the very best writers ever. Mishima will never be one of those. He wrote trendy books trying be literary and failed miserably.

Did you purposely try to sound as redditly as possible?

Whoa there, buckaroo.

Looks like you're lost!

Next train to Reddit is that-a-way! -points away from here-

No. So stop deflecting

I'm not. And congratulations on the realization that most females are attention whores.

>Murakami IS YA
I'd call you retarded, but Oe dislikes people who make fun of the mentally disabled.

looks like shit desu

Maybe because females have slightly more of a tendency for socializing and acting to please and not upset their social group, so a female youtuber is more likely to ensure us that she's doing something others want her to do. Or maybe you just pay attention to that because you hate women. I don't know.

Still looks better than this boring piece of bird shit

I'm a woman gotta take pictures of my face constantly have to keep taking pictures with my face in them I have three different websites just to post pictures of me looking cute for my family friends and total strangers did you see me wearing this new clothing did you see me standing in front of this building one time I went to the library and just so you know that I went there I took fifteen pictures of myself standing next to it and looking cute haha look at this one it's of a burger I ate that I wanted to show everyone and also 80% of the frame is my face can you believe the cutesy affected expression I'm making don't I look cute when I'm doing absolutely everything that I ever do on a daily basis that I photograph myself doing have you seen these 214 pictures of me visiting Madrid for one day have you seen how I stood next to all the things and my face was there and I was cute hang on don't take a picture of me let me make sure I'm posing my facial muscles in a way that perfectly makes me look youthful and girlish and attractive in a series of gestures and expressions that are half-conscious because I'm a narcissist but also half-unconscious because I've simply introjected a constant need to be posing and preening and peacocking in every moment of my fucking life and everything I do is just a vehicle for appending my face to it because I'm a woman WOW excuse me are you misogynistic or something it's not like I do this for you are you kidding me you actually think that I spend all day every day every hour of my entire waking life specifically accentuating all the secondary sex characteristics you find attractive and posing my face to look cute and young for YOU are you delusional I do this for me and nobody else I just like to feel attractive nevermind the fact that attractive presupposes the question to whom I do it for me and nobody else now excuse me while I take a picture of myself factitiously soullessly smirking in a way that I've unconsciously learned makes me look Dorky-Cute Variant #81 while I try on sunglasses in a fucking Walmart

Nice

NE BATISI LAN AMINA KORUM AAA

oh shit i'm a booktuber what book should i do a video on

Huh... so this is the power of autism

You just described the problem with modern women beautifully. Either we need to find a way to end social media completely or just somehow make reading books, and I mean good books, cool again.

>also, what the fuck does "write like a westerner" even fucking mean?

mimidoshima.wordpress.com/2016/02/14/i-prefer-hello-goodbye/

I prefer this one 2bh

I really like this new pasta

>>I only follow book tubers that get 100 views max and are female. One of those girls gets less than 20 views, another less than 10 for every video, yet they keep making them. All of them seem to work in the service industry, they also seem very unexperienced when it comes to romance (when a boyfriend is mentioned I unsubscribe). I love watching those videos because they are the c
share the links

How do you find them?

The thing that's even worse than the phoniness surrounding Booktube is those obnoxious John Green personas everyone tries to emulate, even the fucking facial expressions scream they are trying to be similar to him right down to his mannerisms.

>nippon

Get the fuck out of here you 300 pound otaku faggot

Nice

DESU, I feel like it's kind of the fault of the advertising agencies manipulating women(who are quite gullible) in a feminist world. In the past, anything the cosmetic and beauty industry could convince women to buy was advertised to attract a man or look pretty for her husband. In an effort to survive in a post feminist society, advertising companies instead shifted gears to persuading women that they need to buy/do all these things to look attractive for themselves. Example is the Herbal Essence shampoo commercials. Compare them to commercials in the 50s for soap or anything else. This has culminated to the point where even the make-up industry is able to make billions by convincing women they wear make-up to look flawless just for themselves and not to attract men(or women if lesbian?). "A women must look flawlessly beautiful because...that's just what women do as women."
This is also similar to the objectification of women to sell products. In order for ad companies to keep from losing massive profits in a feminist society, they just started objectifying men too.

lmao

wait, are you being sincere?

sorry but i think makeup is actually important because it's a "beauty equalizer". i hear a lot of feminist chicks talk about hating makeup (despite wearing is themselves) but consider if you abolish makeup in some kind of islamo-stalinist move, all that would happen is the naturally beautiful women would get all the dick and husbands, and ugly chicks wouldn't even get a free dink at the club...but with cosmetics every women can make themselves glamorous. sorry, but i don't see how that's bad...this is part of living in a free capitalist society, you earn your money and dispose of it as you see fit, and if that means getting some lush lipstick and some lingerie, you're free to do that, if you want to stay home and be mad, you're free to do that too

Capitalism was a mistake.

thinking capitalism was a choice is the mistake, capitalism just happened

>people think their murakami is special

Murakami is the last guy to be in the special secret book readers club. You're better off liking a popular poet like keats or shelley since no one even reads them anymore outside of uni and educated circles.

It doesn't really work that way. It needs a lot of effort and really blind men to make an unattractive woman in makeup more attractive than an attractive woman in makeup. It doesn't make women's looks more equal, just raises the standards to a point where a beautiful woman is considered ugly because she hasn't slapped on enough shit to look like a caricature of a human being.

A seven year old could understand Murakami

tits or gtfo

you don't "have" to have a bunch of social media bullshit, you CHOOSE to participate in that culture because you're a narcissist

Perfect proper speech is hard.
Record your self just talking about a subject without practicing a script

Lol who said I was mad? I was simply putting user's copy pasta rant in perspective. It's simply an observation I've made. And no, there are feminists that like make up and think it's annoying/sexist when men assume girls wear it for the or tell them they don't need wear it.

>you will never destroy the world's makeup supply so that all the ugly and mediocre women will wake up from their matrix of meaninglessly being attractive and actually become human beings

The pretty girls are collateral damage, let them continue to waste their lives being nothing but pretty girls

The ugly women will inherit the earth

Have you not heard of contour and highlighting? With the onslaught of the youtube DIYS makeup guru, any woman can become her own professional makeup artist in a matter of 45min-hour.

Someone post that image on how to write a Murakami book with the cats and stones and shit.

I like this one

Someone should post a rude/weird comment so she can close her channel(mouth) like in that intact himen youtuber farm girl

no, it does work that way, suppose i talk to a chick regularly and think she's pretty smart and kind of cute, but then one day she comes in with her eyebrows freshly done and some perfect make-up, and whatever it is women do to make their hair look good, and instead of usually think of how cute she is all i can do i fight a boner while i imagine sliding my cock between her lips, i guess it took her out of the female-friendzone and into the "you should come visit me some time zone"

that ain't how that shit works
all you're doing is so the ones that can cheat the game the best win
and it's not like beauty isn't largely subjective anyway
just let the dumbasses praise the people that accidentally got it better and stop trying to fix the world

i'm not the one buying makeup, if women want to wear make up, i don't give a shit, it's their face, and i think it looks good, i'm sure you'll find a man who doesn't care that you put no effort into your appearance some day, until then, deal with it

that's one hell of a non-answer, sweetheart
t. a man

it's a non-answer to a non-question, learn to read

look, either you don't give a shit about make up, or you are pro-make up as an "equalizer" (which is ridiculous)

now you might think make up is good because that one time a female friend showed up all good, but the reality is that you were being lied to--what you're fostering isn't actual beauty, which is there so you can know which mate is the most fit (which is supposed to be something *rare*), but the pretense of beauty--what you're fostering is women's capacity to manipulate and flatter men--and you're doing this out of the perception that this will be an absolute good, because it feels good, when not only does this feel good to all men, but is completely pointless because the standard is always shifting and people will always have something rare to please, or things will be insipid

dude, the egyptians, the greeks, the romans, the chinese and probably the indians all had their women covered in tons of make-up, there isn't anything "degenerate" about make-up, if anything NOT having make up is a sign of decline because now the women have so much power they don't even have to bother looking good, and, i wonder how far does your "anti-
flattery" stance go? should women stop shaving their body so anyone over 20 is a big hair ball? maybe they should stop bathing since if you cant smell their rancid sweat you can't sense how healthy their constitution is or something, your position doesn't make sense from a few angles, you should abandon it, unless of course u r a cuck trying to white knight some feminist or sth

she has an under the skin poster, she gets a pass

Ese hombre, en mi paĆ­s, no vale ni una madre hijueputa.

seeher taste is actually pretty decent

WEW this is a fresh spicy meme.

under the skin makes her even more transparent
she is not a genuine person
she is just peacocking to separate herself from stacys
it is an evolutionary strategy

it is called mirroring. women are evolved to do it. this is why a woman like this is more offensive than the typical girlbaby YA booktuber. at least with them we know they are honest about having infantile brains.

Friendly reminder you only say things like this to impress people on Veeky Forums

bitch I'm morose and lugubrious

>"A women must look flawlessly beautiful because...that's just what women do as women

Women COMPLETELY BTFO. I don't know how they'll recover from this one.

Christ this person is the epitome of the materialisation of art.