Moon Pies

I was in Chattanooga over the weekend and I stopped in the Moon Pie store and bought this 4 inch, 100 year anniversary, moon pie branded, cast iron skillet for 18 bucks. Did I get memed?

$18? Nah, you did great. Fucking Moon Pies!

>cast iron
>18 bucks
>in 2017
You did good

This. Even Lodge shit would be more expensive. 4 inches though, lmao

How's the surface?

That seems pretty expensive. And only 4"?

can you make a moon pie in it?

if not, yes you got memed

i mean who the hell is going to see the bottom of the cast iron pan except for your burner? lol.

the Lodge factory is right up the road from Chattanooga. They might have made OP's skillet.

Yeah that's pretty much guaranteed. I dunno though, I saw the Lodge stuff at Target and thought it was overpriced. There's this company that is making them on kickstarter or whatever, I googled it but can't find the exact one (apparently getting kickstarter funding to "revolutionize" cast iron is a big meme right now) that I would probably prefer, because it has better build quality and is pre-seasoned but in a good way.

The website says lodge.
Presumably OP's is also lodge.
This one is 6 inches though.

People hang these things on their wall for decoration.

damnit OP make a moon pie in that pan RIGHT NOW

for great justice

is 6 inches the diameter of the cooking surface or the diameter as measured across the outer edge of the rim? Maybe OP said 4" because that's the inner diameter across the cooking surface?

What is the bucket for? I must know.

Might be good to take hiking by yourself?

Get any decent BBQ while you were there, my man?

SCALFANI

Moon Pies, huh?

What a time to be alive.

you did great op. 18 bucks is a little overkill for a pan you'll use to make yorkshire puds and only yorkshire puds, but theyre fucking good enough to deserve a unitasker.

get a lodge 10 inch for 30 bucks...

4in/18 dollars

better at least get 8inch/36 bucks.

You didn't get fucked, but you didn't fuck anyone either. which means you get fucked cause someone made money off of you

4inches is good for like, a dozen quail eggs?

I had the bruschetta at lupis. Fucking life altering.

Yeah I was saying 4 inches across the bottom. I dont really know the exact measurement, just guessing. It seems too small to be useful.

I spotted this Walken Refrigerator at Moe's BBQ. Had an amazing fried catfish sandwich. My daughter ordered a milkshake (not on the menu) and this really sweet waitress/bartender? Made her one anyway and it came out great. Didn't even charge us... Really great place imo, but I didn't try the BBQ. Fantastic people

Leaks, probably. Pic looks like the inside of a 30-year-old trailer, with the bucket under the roof peak, where seams would be likely to come apart.

I don't know. That's a good question. Could be...

So I scored big when I bought a new cast iron pan for $14 recently?

>everybody says cast iron pans are the best
>afraid to buy one because it supposedly takes forever for the pan to heat up because the metal is so thick

How do you make a Moon Pie?

What the fuck does a cast iron skillet have to do with moon pies?

Dude 4 inch pan isn't even wide enough for more than a single egg. You couldn't even fry a fifth of a tin of spam in that thing at once.

A cast iron pan will outlast you and your grandchildren, don't worry about the price, worry about quality.

That said, I still feel quite smug I once scored a like-new 10'' Le Creuset on a flea market for $5. It was a really old one, too, without the nasty emaille coating the modern ones have that won't take a proper seasoning

all of you retards cooking on iron. this is the element that literally destroys stars and causes supernovas. you idiots are cooking your food on this shit enjoy your mega cancer and metal poisoning all in the name of muh seasoning you massive retards

I think Chattanooga is known for both. A 100 year anniversary skillet Is cooler than a mug right?

Moon Pie?

What a time to be alive.

I don't understand moon pies
It's like eating two pieces of dry wall with stale marshmallow

Just making sure, regular moon pie are ok but nothing special. But when you put that shit in the microwave for just a tad it really does become the best dollar dessert you can have. If you haven't eaten one warmed up, you're really not getting that full moon pie potential.

Warming it up turns it into a different thing altogether, try it.

>$18
You got memed hard desu

And? You're moving the goal posts. OP said he's cooking with it, not hanging it you fucking retard