How many books are you gonna read in 2017 Veeky Forums?

How many books are you gonna read in 2017 Veeky Forums?

Used bookstores like this are such a fucking nightmare.

I just wish I had the time to go into a bookstore and pick up some book that has a 75% of being shit but is the only thing in reach on a massive pile nobody has ever had time to go through. Really they're just for normies that want to cream themselves at giant stacks of books because they only own five or so at home. For the kind of people that walk into a library and say "wow, I can't believe so many books have been written"

About 40

>survives end of the world
>OPs pic
>breaks glasses

>there are pairs of glasses in warehouses all over the world

>vision so bad that I get lost in the library and starve to death

>Also zombies

I read 45 last year. So I hope 50, but doubt it due to university.

>2017
>still reading books

yeah, realistically i figure 3-5 will be a good year. that's why i pick what i read carefully cuz i accept the fact that I just don't read much (well i read tons of business and computer science books, but I don't consider that kind of work related shiz the same as lit)

Ideally you want to up the number of books you read each year. If youre not making progress something is wrong. You need to get those numbers up. If you read 40 last year, go for 50 this year. Push yourself. If you dont push yourself, you will not make progress, and you wont see the results you want. If you want to be well read by the time youre 30, if you want to blow loads on literate chicks, then you have to have a plan. Keep track of how many pages you read a day. Stick to it. Try to get that page count up. If you read ten pages a day this week, read twenty the next. It's that simple. It's about progress. And it's about sticking your hot candle in bookish pussy.

thanks coach

Sir, yessir!

In 2015 I read:
>Falling Behind: Explaining the Gap Between Latin America and the United States
>How the Catholic Church Built Western Civilization
>Divine Fury: A History of Genius
>Propaganda
>Napoleon's Buttons
>Brazil: The Troubled Rise of a Global Power
>Wonderful Life with the Elements
>The Martian
>The Way of Men
>Submission
So about 10 books total

In 2016 I read:
>Fate of Empires: An Inquiry into the Stability of Civilization
>A Sky Without Eagles
>Survive the Economic Collapse: A Practical Guide
>Sexual Utopia in Power
>The Righteous mind: Why Good People are Divided by Politics and Religion
>The Name of God is Mercy
>Perfume
>Ishmael
>Beyond War
>Letters to a Young Scientist
Again, coincidentally I read 10 books total. Looks like my average is 10 books for the year. Though it's not evenly spread out. Most of the reading were done in the first half of the year, especially so during Summer vacation. College and studying takes up a lot of my time.

Right now I'm currently reading through
>The Dark Eidolon and Other Fantasies
by Clark Ashton Smith
>The Future of the Mind
by Michio Kaku

after those two I plan on reading
>The Art of the Deal
by President Trump
>Sir Gawain and the Green Knight
edited by Marie Borroff

from there I'll see what books I'll read later. If I can get these readings done before Summer vacation, I'll be well set for meeting my annual quota.

same as 2016, zero.

Gonna go around a hundred if I can make my schedule work around it.

Hopefully about 45. I did about 35 last year, which includes a few long, "difficult" books (moby dick, c&p, etc), and didn't read at all during the month of October.

None

probably the last two digits of my post number

A lot of them are greek plays, Shakespeare, and Plato, but I expect to at least read 100 in 2017.

Highlights of 2016:

Mrs. Dalloway
Meditations
Everything Joyce
Everything Shakespeare
Everything Plato
Bible
The Histories
Being Homosexual
Brothers K

that's a lovely list, congrats on the effort; what's the most valuable thing you've learned from that collection? seems like some interesting human secrets lie hidden there, curious what you've uncovered...

Last two books I read -
Salem's Lot, Kafka On The Shore

damn, made me realize i don't think i finished a single book in 2016, and i started maybe 3

The absolute #1 thing I've learned is that video games are no longer fun. I forced myself to read more in the beginning, until I found myself no longer enjoying playing games.

The more I read, the more I am able to sympathize, even though I hate using that word because it's sort of a catch-all term. But yeah, things in this 21st century start having more perspective. Also, reading this much has taught me that reading doesn't unlock the secret to life. A healthy combination of reading, exercising, and being around real-life people (not people in a voice server offline), is what you need to get started.

I've experienced cognitive dissonance, however, because I'm deciding whether to love everyone (Jesus, Marcus Aurelius), which comes more naturally, or delve into calling people out on their bullshit (Sam Hyde).

I've been starting to feel the same way, vidya isn't as exciting to me as it used to be I'd rather read. I used to have to force myself to stop gaming to read.