Just a daily reminder that Joyce was a schizophrenic

Just a daily reminder that Joyce was a schizophrenic.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizotypal_personality_disorder
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wow didnt know that. So do we know if his alter ego wrote the books or if it was regular him?

good bait.

Not a schizophrenic, he had a schizotypal personality disorder. People with this disorder usually have IQ in ranges of 130-140 though, so it's not all bad.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizotypal_personality_disorder

He also loved farts.

I think I have this mildly though I'm not certain. I'm a severe depressive and my IQ fits (141) and I've also deluded myself into believing I can be the next Joyce.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizotypal_personality_disorder
Shit...that might be me or it might be autism but I'm not particularly rude or insensitive to others.

I was thinking its me and I have it til all these ppl come in and saying its me its me.

you faggots realize none of these "disorders" really exist, right?

doctors just need a pseudoscientific way to get rid of people who don't make good wageslaves

All those farts clogged his brain

Fart fetish master race

Horseshit, doctors don't believe they exist in the same way specific viruses do, they're categorizations of which individuals show remarkably similar non-neurotypical patterns of thought
You're not completely wrong but you need to see it in more nuance.

his daughter had schizophrenia, because he had it. she was diagnosed with it and had problems, he managed to live normally.

I don't think that's true about the IQ, where did you read that?

>the next Joyce
Fuck off asshole, I'M the next Joyce

Nice
I'm gonna be the next Faulkner

>tfw to smart to not be not crazy

She was locked in an asylum and treated by Carl Jung.

>the next (your favorite author)
You won't make it.

> he managed to live normally

Being the Scatman aside, that's pretty impressive. I think I get why Lacan praised Joyce so much, he goes on and on about how Joyce's creativity saved him from madness.

thought he was just a drunken Irishman

absolutely

let's face it: if you're not a foaming at the mouth lunatic who can't function, you're not mad, you just have a few idiosyncrasies (we used to call this a personality before industrial society made being anything other than a uniform, docile slave into pathological behaviour)

This

> let's face it: if you're not a foaming at the mouth lunatic who can't function, you're not mad, you just have a few idiosyncrasies

The thing is that it's not always that easy. There's a reason why so much confused terminology exists (stuff like borderline disorders) and that's precisely because a lunatic on a good day can be more functional than a "quirky" person on a horrible day.

Not saying that there isn't more to it than that (I agree with much of what anti-psychiatry movements have to say), but it's not as simple as "wake up sheeple!" type discourses make it out to be.

I agree with you and am seeing a psychologist because I'm a depressed unmotivated loser. Being a hypocrite is fun.

Just a daily reminder that *BBBRRRRAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPP*