You nigz need to read more varied shit. 2017 should be the year of reading nothing from our stupid top book lists

You nigz need to read more varied shit. 2017 should be the year of reading nothing from our stupid top book lists.

I agree.

but muh western cannon!
that no one here reads anyway

First thing ima probably read is Mandeville's Fable Of The Bees or whatever just cuz I have a copy here, then the next thing will be Jerusalem Delivered probably

awww wtf, I just started Ulysses and IJ at the same time, already on page 20 of both, now what the fuck am I supposed to do

. throw em know the garbage bro. that shit is so 2016.

I bought that book because it was recommended to me here.

I do agree, though.

what i'm gonna read soon

I agree, 2017 should be the year of the Eastern canon.

>tfw waiting for journey to the west to arrive in the mail
fuck you guys i started this

lmao I'm reading all of mcelroy before women and men drops. actress in the house is sick so far. I don't get how he isn't more popular.

oh shit i still have a copy of Lookout Cartridge on my shelf i didn't read yet, maybe this will be the year i finally get around to it

that's probably his best one. well it's been my favorite so far.

Would Vollman qualify?

Which of his works should I read first. A friend recommended this one to me.

Dream of the Red Mansion/Chamber is probably the greatest unfinished story next to the Recherche du temps perdu

Currently on a Musil read. Man without qualities has a very original premise, quite refreshingly. It's unfortunate that like 3 people on this board have actually read it, but it's always namedropped for obvious reasons

>funky
>salivary
>spermatic
>raunchy
so deep man

i figure if the book was actually any good they wouldn't need to put a titty on the cover

ye tru

I like that book. I wish I got to chill with his artistic friends.

>he's only read books from the canon ONCE
>he thinks he can truly grasp any great work of literature from a single read through

Tbh, reading the canon should take a long time, even if you don't stray off the main path. Understanding various works takes much longer.