What happens when superbugs make handwash and soap ineffective?

What happens when superbugs make handwash and soap ineffective?

Other urls found in this thread:

annualreviews.org/doi/abs/10.1146/annurev-pharmtox-010715-103417?journalCode=pharmtox
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

we crisper super bug genes into ourselves

How is crispr coming along. I haven't read about it in a while

antibacterial soap isn't more effective than normal soap
and it creates resistant shit for no reason

idk i haven't been keeping up with the bio community. been focusing on math

We won't care because the Triclosan will fuck up your hormones way before that happens - at least for our generation.

Man I fucking hate society and large corporations.

What exactly could it fuck up in humans?

annualreviews.org/doi/abs/10.1146/annurev-pharmtox-010715-103417?journalCode=pharmtox

The stuff turns up in breast milk.
Has anti-Andro/Estrogenic properties depending on which tissue it contacts.

"Antibacterial" soap is a marketing term for antiseptic. That's not the same thing as antibiotic. Antiseptics are things like bleach and rubbing alcohol. Bacteria evolving a resistance to antiseptics is like humans evolving a resistance to being on fire. The best they can manage is being able to tolerate low concentrations. Anything more than that isn't really biologically possible.

This is wrong.

Antibacterial soaps contain compounds like triclosan which microbes can develop resistance to.

This is part of the reason the FDA banned them in America.

>Anti-andro

Will washing my scalp with triclosan soap reverse baldness?

This is what happens when someone reads one wiki page and thinks they understand a subject. The chemicals used in antibacterial soaps were triclosan/tricloban/chloroxynol/others. These are not even close to hydogen peroxode or benzalkondium chloride.

They've supposedly gotten lab-successful cures for type 1 diabetes and hiv using Crispr this year.

Just use h2o2. Can't have biological resistance to shit that chemically pulls all your biology apart.

this. Bacterial building resistance to h2o2 is like saying japs will build a resistance to nukes if we nuke them some more. Or better yet lets just not use sanitizers at all outside of doctors and just let our immune system strengthen.

Regular soap and water dissolve the grease on your hands and rinse off most of the bacteria. Antibacterial soap (more harsh to your hands) makes your hands dry and facilitate the formation of cracks on your skin. Later bacteria get into these cracks and cause infection.
Wash your hands less, and with soap that does not dry your skin.

They already are ineffective. They just weaken your immune system.

The people I know who are sick all the time are the same people who use this shit.

Antibacterial gel doesn't make superbugs. Uncontrolled antibiotic therapy does.

Antibacterial gel only serves to weaken your immune system if overused enough that your body doesn't get exposed to necessary bacteria. It's theorized that your body actually ends up fighting itself to compensate, this would explain a resent trend to increased allergic diseases in children.

Its conservative use as a replacement for washing your hand is great, though. As long as you're not carrying a bottle around and rubbing every time you touch a door knob you'll be fine.

Wash with soap, slather on some yogurt, rinse yogurt off, done.

The ironic thing is that even though it creates resistant strains to that particular anti-bacterial, the soap in it is still effective as normal soap. Thus, it really isn't a problem.

>Triclosan

I'm really glad I'm a farmer and farm almost all my food. I'm hoping I can farm more and more of my own food until in a couple years or so I'm only eating food I grew or raised myself.

>saving sluts, fags, and fatties before people with cancer, Alzheimers, Parkinsons, etc
I fucking love science!!

Using CRSPR to cure disease should be illegal. Then again all healthcare should be illegal.

Those last three things mostly kill off old people (boomers) so lets keep them around until that entire generation is dead

social darwinists should be hanged

>Thread full of people complaining about welfare on the science board.
/pol/ really needs to fuck off.

fuck you nigger leech

fuck off to /pol/ you triggered bastard

Fat people get type 2 not 1 diabetes

Don't feed them, just report, hide and move on with your life.

Jokes on you, I've been gradually building a resistance to fire for the past 15 years. Every Tuesday at 3:12pm I poor kerosene on my balls and light it. Every time I do it I introduce more kerosene and let it burn longer every time. I will be moving on to the rest of my body soon

Isn't the main ingredient in antibacterial gels simply alcohol anyways? Not actual antibiotics, just alcohol.

Soaps aren't the issue. It's over-prescribing of antibiotics by doctors.

You first.

No but they'll give you loli-tier tiddies

>tfw no bald loli bf

All the squirmy germophobes die while my disgusting self lives on to have 12 kids.

Except you won't - because those germophobes will breed super bugs that will kill you and your children.

Did you read the thread?

Clearly not

Did you do a 5 second google search?

lmao I don't think so.

Fuck off. Then kill yourself you waste of skin.