Touch typing

Has anybody taught themselves touch typing after being a one finger retard like myself?

How did you go about it? How long did it take?

Other urls found in this thread:

typingclub.com/sportal/team-1/program-qwerty-en/keys-jf.play
kongregate.com/games/ascott/typing-of-the-living-dead
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Typing of the Dead

I taught myself by playing Runescape a shit ton about 10 years ago. You gotta work at it user. Go through the lesson shit online until you memorize all the key locations, then force yourself to type like that. Always. Keep at it.

Also, this isn't really a topic for Veeky Forums.

Check out Tai Ping by Tao Lin.

For an adult, you should be able to touch type, after working at it, faster than you can hunt and peck (even if you are quite fast at it) in under a month of work and focus. Just force yourself to always touch type.

typingclub.com/sportal/team-1/program-qwerty-en/keys-jf.play

Ergonomic management keyboard.

It too me about a month of practicing every day to get it down

Felt like a proper retard to start with though, it took me ages to type anything

Is there any need to touch type?

I type only using my index fingers but I get between 100-110 words per minute using them, no memes.

I took a typing class as an elective back in my freshman year of high school 11 years ago and shitposting on Veeky Forums and other message boards since the mid 00s reinforced my ability to touch type from there.

I'm kind of in a hybrid mode, I use my middle finder, index thumb and sometimes pinkie.

I could never be arsed to learn how to do full on touch typing

I do hybrid too. I use all my fingers though, but I don't really stay on home row. 90 wpm+ steady. Home row typing I'm around 40 wpm.

Does anyone here home row type? How fast are you?

Underrated post

kongregate.com/games/ascott/typing-of-the-living-dead

Play this over and over again until you master it, it's what I did.

typing software + keyboard with unmarked keys in high school.

Try switching layouts (Dvorak) and relearning how to type

I taught myself touch typing when I switched to Dvorak layout.

I can touch type both qwerty and Dvorak now

I played league of legends and had to type in relativley large qauntities in a short amount of time, so I sort of half learned how to touch type, but at that point I was still checking the keys for reference. I bought a blank keyboard about a year ago though, and have been slowly learning how to touch type until around 6 months ago when I stopped checking my hands all together. The funny thing about typing is that your fingers already know where the keys are, so when you look to check you're simply reaffirming information instead of confirming it. Since this is an extraneous procress once you make the active change to forgo it all together you'll find that touch typing is exceedingly easy, and within a few weeks you may forget how the keys are even arrayed, but your fingers won't.

Fucking topkek holy shit

>Dvorak meme layout
I tried it once but never stuck with it. Is it really worth switching?

I'm the kind of retard who still plays league of legends but when I start to shittalk people on my team, I type out full paragraphs in the hopes that I can make chinese 14 year olds cry over how much they're disappointing their parents when they can be sitting in the front of the laundromat and studying for the AP exams they'll be taking in 3 years. I only like online games because it's a great opportunity to improve your spontaneous situational shittalking sense.

Who the fuck can't touch type aside from my mother

If you know you'll only ever use your special snowflake keyboard and you will never ever have to use a qwerty computer ever again, yes.

I can't. I mean, I can kind of do a hybrid thing, where I've got the muscle memory of the letters I want down and I can type quite quickly without looking, but I don't do true touch typing, and I never use my thumbs or my pinkies.

It doesn't take much dexterity, I learned it through shitposting at high speed. I think it comes naturally as you keep typing

Play video games on PC. Not strategy games where you mainly just use a mouse, stuff like FPS games. You have to watch the screen instead of the keyboard and will soon learn where most of the letters are.

I've been typing as I have for 15 years. I'm not sure I can retrain myself at this stage.

I did do a course on proper touch typing, once, but I have little hands and stupid pinkie fingers. They're crooked at the last joint and I can't really apply pressure with them very well, so I'd probably have to look into a specialized keyboard.