Top: morning vitamins

Top: morning vitamins
Bottom: evening vitamins

Come at me.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3309636/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I see you're doing the "live in the future where everything comes in pills" diet, OP.

>the fat american eats nothing but cheese burgers so he needs vitamin supplements

Sure, why not.

Deflect much? My daily diet is fine, and I'm not fat. What's your excuse for not optimizing your health?

>What's your excuse for not optimizing your health?
because if you had a brain and went to the doctor. blood test would tell you what vitamins you need. instead of giving yourself too much shit you don't need.

food > vitamins

you almost certainly piss 90% of that out

too much of anything will be bad for you, and this much will at least be redundant, seems to me like you might have an irrational fear of a nutrient deficit maybe talk to a gp or a psychologist bro

I actually get everything my body needs from the food I eat
Going to the bathroom must be extremely painful. For you

>vatamins

why not just take a one-a-day?

Reeeee fda shills

is that all you eat?

Biology guy here, can confirm this is true, and that in general supplements are a scam. Sure you get "some" of what you take, but most of it runs through your body.

I get blood tests done every 4 months, because I am deficient in certain vitamins and mineral, and because I have hypothyroidism. So, back the fuck off.

why didn't you just say that in the OP then?

I know that much is pissed out, but what sticks is much needed and well deserved.

>Biology guy here
Why do I hate you so much. Maybe it's because any dickbag can just throw "biology guy here" before their anonymous post and get free pathos.

because he made it up just now to try and look less retarded after everyone called him out on his faggotry

>Going to the bathroom must be extremely painful.
Why? And no, I piss and shit just fine. As a matter of fact, I'm regular like clockwork.

>come at me

I bet your taste in interior design is atrocious.

Of course not. I eat a varied diet of mostly vegetables and fish, with a little rice and fruit thrown in there, plus the occasional red meat, pasta, and poultry. I snack on things like fresh fruit, nuts, roasted seaweed, pickles of various kinds. I don't eat much dairy, but I love cottage cheese.

Why did I need to say it in the OP? I honestly thought people might be interested in what's in there, but I guess everyone just wants to try and insult the fact that I'm taking care of myself.

>I eat a varied diet of mostly vegetables and fish
>I am deficient in certain vitamins and mineral

sounds good cunt

Eh, some people might think so. It's a mix of classic mid-century modern and asian influences.

>deficient in certain vitamins and mineral
then you're not eating healthful foods.

>thinks just because you eat a healthy diet you can't be deficient in vitamins and minerals.
Surely you can't be this dumb.

You said "come at me" and now you're complaining about people coming at you. Grow a pair, you fucking fag.

See

Because the lack of fruits and vegetables in your diet
Watch out for colon cancer, people as young as 30 get it

this isn't IRC. take a breath faggot.

>implying I didn't expect this
I know where I am, gaylord. This is Veeky Forums. I knew when I posted that people would "come at me", which is why I said that. Still, I thought some people might be interested in what I take and why, but if not, that's fine too.

Medical student here.

Can you detail what you're taking? Be sure to stay very well hydrated and avoid supplemental fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E, K) unless one of your deficiencies calls for it.

Nah, my colon is clean, I've had a colonoscopy before.
(also, I eat tons of fruit and vegetables)

How is this food and cooking related?
Supplements are not food (They supplement food)
Supplements are not cooked.

Evidently in your case you're a dickbag that can't fo a simple Google search to find pages and pages and pages of scientists telling you this is infact the case.

Sure.
And to clear it up, I have chronic deficiencies in iron (ever since I was a teenager, it's hereditary), vitamin D, and vitamin B12, plus the hypothryroidism, but I take a prescription for that.
And another thing, I don't take the full amount recommended on the bottle for most of the supplements, because in some cases I think it's overkill, except for the vitamins I'm deficient in. Also, as you'll see, some of these I take because I have some joint issues that have popped up as I've gotten older.
Morning:
>Fish oil
>iron
>B complex
>CLA
>Collagen
>Glucosamine and Chondroitin
>CoQ10
>Biotin
>DIM
>Raspberry leaf
>Reishi, Shitake, and Maitake mushroom complex

Night:
>Vitamin D
>Hyaluronic Acid
>Alive (its a "green" multi that has plants, algae, probiotics etc in it)
>Another Collagen
>Super Cortisol Support (my doc recommended this in conjunction with my thyroid medication)
>Tumeric with zinc and L-carnosine

It's not a healthy diet if it's causing you to be deficient in vitamins and minerals.

Yeah, but you didn't make the post interesting enough to elicit that kind of curiosity/interest.

Your post is basically "i take vitamins wanna fight about it?" And, really, no one gives a shit about your special dietary needs: this is 4chins not your personal blog

a cheeseburger likely has most of what you need in a day

Why are you so mad? You repressing a lot of pent up anger about your failed life, baby weiner, and lack of respect from anyone irl?

OP is retarded for taking shillosamine and chondroishill but not taking several grams of vit C a day. Read Defying Gravity by Bill Starr to get redpilled on supplements by an olympic coach.

Ok, I get it, you're an idiot.

Most of this stuff is fairly benign and I don't see a reason to not take this beyond the potentially prohibitive cost. What the hell does raspberry leaf do?

Have you noticed any changes in your stool or urine since adopting this regimen?
I'm happy you're not taking full doses because it is overkill if you're eating a real diet.

One of the biggest problems in medicine is non-compliance with medications, you'd make a good patient! Do what you wanna do.

which one helps you forget you have crippling autism?

>this is 4chins not your personal blog
Tell that to all the threads about "I don't like this and let me tell you why".

I get plenty of vitamin C from my food.

This isn't me.

Plenty to stave off scurvy but not enough for joint health, evidently.

The only changes I've noticed is that my urine is much more yellow after I take the B complex, but that makes sense. Other than that, everything is normal as usual.

Yeah, I'm actually very compliant about medications and doctor recommendations, because I want whats best for me. HOWEVER, the one caveat to that is that I'll come home and cross-reference what I learned at the doctor's office, but I still take their advice and take my medication as prescribed.
Also, I never take a supplement without looking up it's usage, dosage, and interactions with other medications/supplements.

As you get older, your joint health is going to decrease no matter what. And it starts early, earlier than most people think. Obviously, the degree affects people differently, but it still happens.

What are you guys opinions on the fact that I take just fish oil and a b-complex that includes vit C and folic acid most of the time.

As long as you're getting most/all your other nutritional needs taken care of with your diet, sounds like a good vitamin regimen to me.

I fairly regularly take:
>B + C complex
>St. John's wort
>sometimes SAM-e (love this stuff)

I keep my diet full and varied enough that i generally get what i need from what i eat.

I could compile my list for you both if you want to stop half-assing.

Stop pretending to be me.

Anyway, just got back from a doctor's appointment, actually. (I started this thread while I wasted time before I had to leave). Anyway, good news is my iron, vit D and B12 are still fine (since I take those every day), but my thyroid is still too low, so my doc is increasing my thyroid med dosage. Eh, hope it helps.

>Come at me.
I'm afraid you'd shatter. I don't have insurance to cover that.

>getting labs back on the same visit.

Right bud.

Dumbass. I never said I did my labs today. I did them Friday morning. And this visit was to go over them. Try using your brain once in awhile.

Your post barely makes any sense. I'm not worried.

>spending money on a 2nd visit rather than your Doctor having a nurse call you with the results and putting in the order to your pharmacy.

Keep getting jewed with office call fees you dumbass cuck.

He said you're frail and unhealthy that's why you need to put all those chemicals in your body.

Not too hard to understand. Maybe you should take some brain pills too nu-male.

Jesus christ, do you fucking need an entire medical history to STFU, you annoying little twat? I had to go in anyway, because I had other things to talk to the doctor about, besides my lab work.
This is why I hate most humans. They're too stupid to realize that things function any other way but their own.

This is why I hate frail humans, they are a drain on the insurance system when they should just die.

>all those chemicals
Guess what, your body, right now, and all the time, IS FULL OF CHEMICALS!!!! OOOGGEEEEBOOOOOOGEEEEE!!!!!!!!

You first, low IQ twat. Also, I pay for my own insurance, do you?

Of course I don't, I'm skilled labor (undergraduate degreed) so it's provided as a benefit from my employer.

>My daily diet is fine
it obviously isn't if you need to take all those vitamins

You're still paying for it, it's deducted from your paycheck pretax. Part of it is covered by your company, but you still pay.

I actually might barf.
What a bad way to kill yourself.

The vitamins are extra benefit, and three of them are to cover deficiencies. Instead of me trying to explain something so simple AGAIN, to another idiot, just go read through the thread.

Good, I'm glad I could make you barf today.
How sad, to be scared of vitamins. That's just ridiculous.

>My daily diet is fine

Evidently not if you feel the need to take all those supplements.

Past a certain intake you just piss the excess out anyway.

Literally pissing your money away.

>making a thread for the sole purpose of getting offended
Is it summer already?

If you need this many vitamins a day I suggest eating a bullet and revoing yourself from the genepool.

Is this really all you people can come up with? Fuck, even the med student that posted didn't have a problem with it. But little fear-mongering weirdos who are afraid of vitamins sure do. Bah....Some people, like me, carefully calculate their diets and what will help and what will hurt and what doesn't matter. Apparently people like you and others in this thread just eat whatever the fuck and think you're getting everything you need for optimal health. You're ridiculous. Either come up with something better than "you can't say you diet is fine if you take vitamins" or piss off.

If you really think I'm offended, then you haven't been here long enough. We make these threads for the bants.

I think the sentence you just typed is cause for removing YOU from the gene pool. Maybe if you took vitamins, you'd have better brain power.

How are vitamins food?

This faggot should be banned.

RIP liver and kidneys

Nah, they're all good.

This is just as related to food as any other food-health thread. Supplements and vitamins are made from food, plants, and other nutritive substances.

It's shit quality everything.

Fuck off you shitty attention whore. Saged.

people who take vitamins live shorter lives and are more likely to have heart attacks and strokes

maybe... maybe fix your diet and don't be a statistic

>FOOD AND COOKING

>HEY GAIS, LOOK AT MY PILLS

You report this shit people.

The only vitamin I need.

My physiology professor said Americans have the most expensive piss in the world because of all our vitamin supplements

Do you feel better at all eating all those vitamins? What all are you taking? I really only take a multivitamin.

They probably know all about the market value of piss.

Actually, I do feel better, especially since I have deficiencies in 3 of them. But, besides feeling better, more energetic, and more cognizant, my hair is thick and lustrous, my skin looks great, just general well being.
Here's the list of what I take , but you really need to tailor your supplements to suit what you need. And, also, the recommended dosage on the bottle is usually overkill, unless you have a deficiency. The only ones I take the full dose of are the three that I'm deficient in.

citation needed

Most people who experience complications from taking vitamins are people who go overboard and take way too much of certain vitamins and mineral. Excess of ANYTHING isn't good for you and can be toxic or cause health problems.

Additional vitamin supplements dont do anything for your body.

Yes they do.

No they dont.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3309636/

Thus far, several meta-analyses, authoritative reviews, and expert panel reports have been published on the use of MVMs in preventing chronic diseases in healthy individuals. Almost all have found no overall benefit. For example, a systematic review and meta-analysis, published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), in 2007, concluded that, “Treatment with β-carotene, vitamin A, and vitamin E may increase mortality. The potential roles of vitamin C and selenium on mortality need further study”.[19] Another more recent meta-analysis concluded that, “Dietary supplementation with folic acid to lower homocysteine levels had no significant effects within five years on cardiovascular events or on overall cancer or mortality in the populations studied”

That's one article, in one publication. I bet you can look through that website and find articles on how vitamins ARE good for you. It all depends on who wrote the article, who did the studies, and who paid for the studies to be done, because it will skew the results.
Doctors, yes, real medical doctors, regularly tell patients to take certain vitamin and mineral supplements. And it's the fat-soluble vitamins that are dangerous in large doses. You need to get out of your echo chamber and look at an issue from all sides.

Try:
>>Veeky Forums

>“Treatment with β-carotene, vitamin A, and vitamin E may increase mortality.
Those are FAT SOLUBLE vitamins, they are stored, which is what makes them toxic in large amounts. You're cherry picking.

Its a study of other studies. Stop denying science. Neither of you actually clicked the link and bothered to read the abstract.

Is anyone else having problems with the captcha?

In the United States, 40 – 50% of the men and women 50 years of age or older regularly use multivitamin/mineral (MVM) supplements, making the annual sales of these supplements over $11 billion. However, the question remains whether using MVM supplements is beneficial to health. This article reviews the results of randomized studies of MVM supplements and individual vitamins/mineral supplements in relation to overall mortality and incidence of chronic diseases, particularly cancer and ischemic heart disease. The results of large-scale randomized trials show that, for the majority of the population, there is no overall benefit from taking MVM supplements. Indeed, some studies have shown increased risk of cancers in relation to using certain vitamins.

I'm not denying science, you are. Science doesn't work on just one group of studies. It takes dozens and dozens, over years. And it' still doesn't change the fact that they are mentioning mostly fat soluble vitamins, which people (at least smart people) already know not to take too much of due to toxicity.