Is this the greatest piece of american literature?

is this the greatest piece of american literature?

Other urls found in this thread:

comraderecs.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

its british

Ameritards BTFO yet again. Dubs confirm

lol. stupendous truly wonderful spectacular.

Lel

Watchmen is actually pretty good and holds up to re reads. British master race has a strong case for "deep" comics superiority although there are some 20 century American classics. Cerebus is an amazing read even if only to watch the author's descent into madness. I feel like the broader spectrum of Veeky Forums would enjoy it.

fuck you. fuck. you. go fuck oneself. whore fucker. SIDS. you have a immunity disease:

ur,
are,
an,
piece,
of. . .

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! gay=you; vice versa.

go UND KYS ONESELF. what the fuck. IGNORAMUS. dumbASS. ASS. PIC related IS what YOU believe IN because YOUR dumb AS fuck. KILL oneself I-FUCKING-MMEDIATELT. HUH¿ huh¿ BABY gonna CRY?

W
A
A
A
A
A
A

Is this a free verse poem?

>and holds up to re reads
This. It wasn't until the third time that I realized what he was doing with the Fearful Symmetry chapter.

literature has ruined you

What was he doing with it? I haven't read it for a while.

The entire issue is literally symmetrical, with the two-page splash of Adrian Veidt hitting his assassin forming the centre. The layout of all the other pages exactly mirrors their counterparts on the other side of that central panel - the first page is a reflection of the last, and so on. By making Ozymandias the exact centre point of the chapter, it foreshadows that he's the one behind everything, forming the centre of the narrative as well.. The idea's hinted at by the two Rs back to back forming a skull/Rorschach symbol on the cover, an image that shows up several more times in the issue. It's also a nod to Blake, who did a similar thing by putting The Tyger ("what immortal hand or eye, could frame thy fearful symmetry?") in Songs of Experience exactly opposite to the page The Lamb has in Songs of Innocence, and then leaving a hint in the poem itself ("did he who made the Lamb make thee?").

That's really neat.

Agree. In fact, it pisses me off that graphical story telling does not have more prominence as a 'mature form of entertainment'. I hate that term, but I have had so many people tell me that 'comics are for kids'. I mean Moore demonstrated perfectly in Watchmen that comics are perfect for certain stories as paneling can really help pace a book and tell a story.

>American literature

I completely agree. I haven't really read anything not by Moore that I feel approaches that level of maturity though. There's the occasionally well-written Batman comic or what have you, but nothing I can think of near the level of Watchmen.

Comics feel like a unique medium in between literature and film to me.

Moore has since been annoyed that his work was taken as "more violence" rather than "more intelligence" by most writers in comics and resents the graphic novel label.

I know what you mean though. But a lot of "adult" comics are shite.

If you are looking for comics than try here.
comraderecs.tumblr.com/
Has images from /co/ abut good comics.

Yeah they are. It always irked me, when I mentioned Watchmen that people talked about how Snyder's movie was a decent adaption. In my eyes, he missed the whole point of the book and just turned into a superhero movie, just one that was bit darker and edgier than most.

There are always nuggets of gold like the Vertigo brand which produced quite high quality stuff for the most part. I feel thought that the American Comic industry is quite stale compared to the Euro one, due to the influence of Marvel and DC though. I honestly think that has been one of a comic writer's biggest issue, finding a label which will treat their work with respect while allowing them to make new IPs.

>adaption

Well... I am a fucking moron. Thanks for pointing that out.

>comics
>great literature
How old are you?

Batman Odyssey is the single greatest work of graphic literature. It's a deeper tunnel into the auteur's mind than any novel could hope to be - it's American Psycho on crack