Canned Fish Discussion and Recipes

I've been getting into canned fish a lot recently. It's hard to find good fresh fish where I live, so it's a good alternative.

I'm out of things to do with canned fish, though. Mix with avocado and tomatoes, done. Salad dressings, done. Pizzas and tarts, done.

So, Veeky Forums, any good recipes, preferred brands and general tinned seafood discussion is welcome!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hr3M3BxbsTU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>add hot sauce
>apply to cracker
wah lah

I tried this recently and liked it:
Fry veg you want
Toss in a can of albacore tuna
Toss in beaten eggs and mix until cooked eggs cover everything

I put cumin, cayenne, curry powder, and salt in the pan and I beat Thai chili sauce, red chili paste, and soy sauce into the eggs.
Tates good to me but someone else tried it and didn't like it. So maybe it's awful and I can't tell.

I would try that with some trout or herring. Anchovies are a bit powerful for that.

Thanks though!

yw - i like it with sardines
king oscar brands are my fav
cracked pepper is another great addition

Tinned salmon cakes are a nice change of pace. Onion, celery, garlic, dijon mustard, mayonaisse, tarragon, parsley, egg, breadcrumb, hot pepper flakes. Form into patties and pan fry until browned. Nice lunch with a salad.

i put brunswick sardines, red onion, s&p on clix crackers. i enjoy it very much

Tried some sardines because I was interested, couldn't keep them down, made my stomach turn.

Damn, I'll have to try both of these. Do you think that one would work without using tuna? Tuna's good but I'm kinda tired of it. I'll still try it this way though.

Clix crackers? Never heard of those. Are they buttery, thick, thin, crispy, etc?

And I'll have to spring for some King Oscar next time I see them.

Sorry to hear that. They are pretty powerful, I have trouble eating them straight with nothing else.

Sardines on toasted bread with a bit of cream cheese

Sprats go well with boiled egg, onion and mayo on a toast.

For tuna just boil potatoes, mash them with tuna and add onion/garlic with mayo

in australia clix are a round, thin, savoury cracker. they are very nice with cheese

Canned sardines in tomato sauce with pasta. Just use the oil from the can. For good measure could throw in some capers and parsley

Sardines

if you like sardines then you will love herring

>Do you think that one would work without using tuna?
I haven't tried it yet but I'm sure it will work with salmon, or any meat for that matter. I've never had canned fish other than tuna and salmon so I couldn't say for those.

I'll give these a shot. Sounds like something that'd be better with some strong East European rye or some such.

Ah, I know what you're talking about now. Water crackers as they're called over here. What sort of hot sauce though? I'd spring for something sweet and sorta Carribean-y.

Fuck yes.

I do like tuna, but trying not to eat too much. Know any good fish based pastas? Besides shit that's easily googled, of course. Like more obscure and regional stuff.

I got a can of herring in tomato sauce I'm eager to crack open. Not to fond of pickled herring though. Anything that's supposed to go with it; bread, sour cream etc?

Fair enough. I'll report back if/when I try it with other fish.

I love tinned fish but prefer just eating it straight out of the can as opposed to doing anything special with it.

Sometimes I'll take some tortillas and soak up anything with a sauce like mustard or hot sauce... it's impossible to replicate those flavors that have soaked in fish forever in a can.

I dont use recipes i just experiment which is why i find ck so fucking helarious. Niggers asking for recommendations how to broil a steak.

Mainly i add tuna to creamy or buttery pasta recipes. Like if you are making noodles with basil and butter, add some canned tuna.

Just experiment brah. Worst that can happen is that you have to eat crap.

You must have a very sensitive palette. I find the texture of cheap sardines to be unpleasant but the taste is never an issue with some salt

Pasta con le sarde
>youtu.be/hr3M3BxbsTU

anyone else all about the octopus/squid? i love the the goya spicy one. also, squid in ink is top tier

I'd like to try squid ink pasta someday.

i make it with the canned stuff sometimes. the black ink pasta itself doesnt taste of much

Sardines with white rice, soy sauce, and some sambal

Sardines in toasted hoagie roll mashed with avocado, salt, and lime juice with fresh tomato slices

Sardines, oil and all, fried in a pan with whatever the fuck you want and mixed with a big helping of spaghetti

thats how i eat them

Where would one shop online for this?

Fuck my ass! Those fuckers are expensive as shit!

I'd recommend just buying it from a local grocer. Saves on shipping.