OK so I'm going to start serving cocktails at my bar and I was wondering what a simple 10-12 cocktail menu should offer

OK so I'm going to start serving cocktails at my bar and I was wondering what a simple 10-12 cocktail menu should offer.

My clientelle is mostly teen kids that drink cubalibre or or fellas drinking 7&7's.

Also most of these drinks must be fast (or I can create premixes like margarita premix).

like 12 interesting distinctive cocktails or just 12 total?

ban mojitos

12 total, but I'd recommend and do interesting stuff for people should they seek anything else

You shouldn't put anything on a drink menu that most bartenders/patrons would already know

Ideally ask mixologists or spend some time with a focus group and get some recipes down

That being said I had a very nice cocktail with pomegranate vodka, gin and prosecco (maybe a touch of juice to balance it out?) so if you can't come up with your own ideas just steal recipes

Prosecco, triple sec, cranberry juice and frozen berries. Don't know if that has a proper name but it goes down particularly well with the ladies.

>ban mojitos

Old Fashioned
Tom Collins
White Russian

best post. that was my point asking this printing a 7&7 as a specific cocktail is a waste of paper. that's like advertising a shot of vodka as a specialty drink

agreed. no need to put on gin & tonic, rum & coke, or screwdriver

Hemingway
A margarita with some different twist (fresh strawberries muddled in are great)
Sazerac
Mules
Aviation is a cool drink
Mezcal Negroni

Try and take the classics and add a twist on them to make them more unique to your bar. Check out the recipes online and

Also, juicing a lemon lime 50/50 mix in an empty bottle for your speed well will keep cost down and increase speed, no one will notice the difference.
Get a measured jigger to save on booze costs, it will also improve consistency in cocktails, free pouring is just wasting money.

Bartender here, I got a few questions.

What kind of bar are you working at (and region if you are claiming teens drink there, I assume it ain't Murika)? How do you get your ingredients, since you seem interested in making premix I assume you have access to fresh juices? What do you overall wanna do with your menu aside from speed?

AMA OP, I like seeing these kinda threads. Pic related, read that shit.

or basically anything you can name.
this guy gets it. the minimum you need is a good spin on a classic cocktail and a creative name for it, but as hints at, the sky is the limit

here, dug up a pdf of a study guide I used when I first started cocktail serving. It helps provide a nice amount of base knowledge about spirits and describes the subtle differences between different types in the same family.

Since Veeky Forums is sucking major dick about spam claims, it is cooqi on uploadfiles.

I was just trying to point out that my clientelle aren't your usual cocktail consumers just the regular "gimme beer" clientelle

yeah and I'm trying to say that even those plebs can probably order a 7&7 without an instruction manual

It's a general music and spectacle bar situated in the middle of an industrial estate but we get clients from surrounding cities.

I want my menu to be eye-catching and accesible for the uncultured crowds, also i should specify that cold drinks are a plus since the heat in mallorca gets pretty intense in Mallorca.

You're the best!

As in Spain? Had to look it up.

Sounds like a fun joint. Keep us posted and I will try to answer any questions you got mate.

I knew it was England when he said industrial estate, just didn't realize it was the southernmost part of England. I recommend 1/3 splits
1 third lady drinks, sweetish, fashionable, but simple to make, just jazz up the description
1 third drinks that a dude might buy but girls won't be afraid of. Flavored whiskey works well as base ingredient here, just lay off the sweet. More important is citrus, it plays off of any whiskey flavor quite well. It should say "different", but not "challenge"
1 third challenge drinks. These can be anything from a spin on the long island to a drink mix added into an oversized shot glass. It should make the regulars say "let's start with X to get us drunk", but also be memorable enough to make the tourists say "have to go to Y to have an X or three"

It's a marketing game for sure. But flavor profiles first, then actual mixes, and pay a faggot from Instagram to come up with the name and hype it

>I want my menu to be eye-catching and accessible for the uncultured crowds
then in that case, 90% of the success will be in the name you give the drink. make sure to not add any exceedingly complex or unrecognizable ingredients either

Unless he's aiming at hipsters, who will specifically seek out drinks containing horrifying mixes of obscure ingredients so they look cool to their hipster friends.

true enough.
just make a drink with pickle juice in it.
>easy to buy
>easy to mix
>appeals to hipsters
>actually a good mixer if you do it right

>I'm going to start serving cocktails at my bar
What did you serve before this ? Liar

Beer and Highballs

Manhattans
Cosmos
Sloe Gin fizz
Hemingway style daquiris not 7/11 slushy junk
Gin gimlets
Bourbon lemonade
Fresh margarita
Some kind of fancy wine spritzer thing

is this some kind of fake garage bar or something? you should be able to make all of the IBA official cocktails if you want to call yourself a bar

also if something only has two ingredients like cuba libre, then its a highball not a cocktail

>mixologist
>focus group

margarita
cosmo
long island
whiskey sour
old fashioned
zombie
caipirinha
mudbath
white russian
daiquiri, strawberry, bubblegum, passionfruit flavours

covers most flavour profiles, all pretty quick and easy to make well even with cheaper ingredients

>Old Fashioned
>Fast to prepare

Fishhouse punch