I am poor as fuck so I bought a zojirushi rice maker and some 8lb bags of brown rice/black beans...

I am poor as fuck so I bought a zojirushi rice maker and some 8lb bags of brown rice/black beans. It isn't horrible but man why can't I just eat white rice? Can I get away with eating white rice everyday? What's some shit I can put on brown rice to make it taste good? Is it just that white rice is fattening and increases blood sugar? Could I balance that out by not in taking sugar unless it's white rice or something

McDonald's dollar menu got ya bro. For some, its the McDouble

Veeky Forums shills are the best shills there are

I think you'll be fine as long you aren't eating heaping two cup portions or white rice at a time and your diet is decent otherwise, dude.

Asians have been surviving on white rice as a staple of their diet for literally thousands of years I think you'll be fine

Nah man they ended that 2 for 2.50 promotion
the mc double i the best thing on the menu but it's like 2 dollars now.

make pancakes in it bra.

there isn't a magically huge amomunt of sugar in white rice

the amount of unhealthy sugars gained/perceived and the amount of nutritional value lost in white rice is +/- .5g (total) per 100g

Make soups

Eat rice with soup

Brown rice may in some cases be worse for you than white rice. The outer parts of the rice (removed with white rice) may have more nutrients (although not enough to be really worth worrying about) but they also are where most of the heavy metals accumulate. I'm assuming since you're poor you are not buying fancy Lundberg shit and you're just getting whatever random imported Chinese Alibaba rice you found for the lowest price? Enjoy your arsenic, friend.

Also, your nutrition ideas seem severely misinformed, go read WHFoods or something.

Hold the fuck up.

You are POOR and bought a ZOJIRUSHI?

PICK ONE, MY DUDE.

I know people laugh and memeabout sprouting almonds but seriously read into germinated brown rice.

Makes things more varied

rice is a terrible food. Wheat is FAR more nutricious.

Eat bread and bean dishes.

Way ahead of you

Poor people have notoriously bad judgement, so this makes sense even though it doesn't make sense. Why do you think they are poor?

Just eat potatoes.
It's cheap and nutritious.

Yeah the best thing to do for someone who gets paid by the hour is to stand over a pot of rice water making sure it doesn't burn

Or just
Buy parboiled rice

Parboiling doesn't speed up cooking, it just increases the nutritional value

he thinks this is how you cook rice

he thinks there aren't cheaper rice cookers

he doesn't think

how embarrassing for you

I've had those "cheaper" rice cookers. It's more expensive in the long run. Buy once, buy for life. This is why poor people stay poor.

>Is it just that white rice is fattening and increases blood sugar?

How many obese Asians do you see waddling around?

But on a serious note, dry white rice is a delicious foundation to build a tasty and healthy meal around. Stir fries with various meats and veggies is almost limiltess by the variety of things you could put together, as well as trying some fruits and peppers for a more sweet/spicy effect. You could make curry chicken and naan bread...or simply put a smidge of butter and salt to season. As with brown rice, you could make gumbos and stews that contain anything from smoked sausage links and cabbage to okra and grilled shrimp. If you enjoy cooking as I do. Red beans and rice is an old favorite of mine and there are countless things to add for varieties sake such as ground beef or links. As far as cutting out unnecessary sugars, I once dropped all sodas and juices containing high fructose corn syrup and bread...you will definitely notice the difference without having to sacrifice much...also, hot tea with dinner is just as heart healthy as a glass of wine.

use green arrows please, your post is just embarrassing to read

1 cup of rice in a tall sauce pot. Rinse it, then fill it up tonight first knuckle with cold water. Bring to a boil (I throw some fat or a drizzle of olive oil in as well.) Throw on the lid, set a timer for 18 minutes, walk away.

Perfect rice every time. No need for a cooker, no need to stand over a pot.

How are you so shit?

You sound like an asian who chooses quality over price for appliances. That's anti-american. We like our appliances to be cheap and have a failure rate at 2 years so we can feel artificially contented when we have to buy a new piece of trash that will fail in another 2 years. But we realize we're helping expand the GNP, so it's worth it.

>What's some shit I can put on brown rice to make it taste good?
Get some of that Japanese rice-spice mixture with the seaweed and sesame seeds.

roastie

look up "golden rice"
they developed a genetically modified rice to stop people from going blind from just eating rice.

so don't eat only rice desu