Why are scientists so uppity and full of euphoria?

>I mean, I'm this cis-male guy who's been living in this world
>But this stuff, to me, from a scientific standpoint, is just cool.
>Science is the process by which we understand nature by which we understand our place in the world how we all fit in
>And so every one of these insights is just so exciting for me.
See what I mean? "This is all interesting to me therefore I'm superior and you're all retarded fucks who should listen to me". (And that's only to prove you by intimidation that there are more than two sexes)

But Bill Nye isn't the only person guilty of this. Every scientist is. Dirac, Dawkins... and all of Veeky Forums... Feynman, Dyson... Literally every scientist has had their cup of euphoria ("This is interesting to me so I'm superior to you").
Like Dirac saying he only looked for so-called 'beautiful mathematics'. Or Dyson on how "universe is made to be as interesting as possible" (haha yea). Or this gem from Dawkins:
>reality is even more amazing than fiction.
Fuck you, anime world > real world by a metric ton.

I mean I'm an engineer and gay but golly gee give me a break. Why do scientists do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/answer-sheet/wp/2016/12/08/a-sobering-look-at-what-betsy-devos-did-to-education-in-michigan-and-what-she-might-do-as-secretary-of-education/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He's an entertainer and has been nothing but an entertainer for the last ~35 years. Nothing he says or does is representative of science or engineering.

Sexual orientation is irrelevant Mr. Snowflake

If this is troll you're gay and stupid

Bill Nye fell for the "I fucking love science" meme. He's not a rigorous, professional thinker, just a relatively good entertainer and mediocre comedian.

Bill Nye's show is objectively shit

this isn't science

You sound like an oversensitive cunt.

>I mean I'm an engineer
Oh, that explains it. kys and then delete your post.

>Dawkins
>a scientist

top kek

back to /pol/

>kys and then delete your post
You mean In that order? Cause I don't know how you can do that.

Instead of complaining you should study science yourself so one day you can inflict euphoria on other people. When you are successful, you can torment people and get away with it, just like Rick Sanchez. It's the reason most people get into science.

back to /pol/

Pop Sci is a cancer upon the earth. It was way better when scientists could be just left alone as weirdos rather than having to be "hip" and used as a political prop.

You faggots don't get that science needs a public face to keep the public interested. Why? If nobody were interested, nobody would find it, and nobody would care. Those like Nye and Tyson accomplish this. If high level STEM graduates weren't all reclusive bitches and a portion of them had left their dead end teaching jobs to join the political arena, this wouldn't be a problem.

*fund it, not find it

Enough of this shitty excuse. STEM had public attention and funding before Nye and Tyson. It doesn't need leftist partisan hacks as a "public face".

>bill nye
>scientist
what did he mean by this?

Riiight. That's why law degrees have control of scientific funding. Do you listen to Senators talk? Maybe take a look at their voting records? A lot are fucking moronic and vote purely partisian.

>implying I implied anything.

He's done more for science than you have. As an engineer. How does that make you feel brainlet?

>people who are passionate about x shouldn't be exicted when talking about it

Holy shit your autism is astounding.Scientists aren't trying to project superiority in sharing their findings.They're trying to condense insight from hundreds of hours of hard work and research with your brainlet ass.

>designing some screws on a HPRS is a contribution to science

>mfw scientists have to deal with absolute sub-human trash like OP
>mfw most brainlets realize that mathematics is way above them so mathematicians don't have to explain shit to get $$$ from public
>mfw I've essentially been living on welfare for almost 6 years now while doing something that the public (at least here) glorifies

Why haven't you jumped aboard the pure math train, bros?

>also implying he hasn't drastically raised public awareness and interest in at least the simplest of sciences.

Who the fuck hasn't heard of Bill Nye the Science Guy?

You may have failed out of it, but there's this thing called school. In some schools there are even science classes.Those classes actually touch on basic scientific concepts. Kids who resonate with these concepts and hold a genuine curiosity in the natural world will go on to become scientists.

No one became a scientist (or funded science research) because some talking head lit a Bunsen burner on a TV show.

Dont remember Feyman being an euphoric fuck.

Before I enter thread, I predict Veeky Forums will come to the defense of Nye

When's the last time you watched a high school kid in science class? I don't know what kind of high class jew school you went to, but go to a lower income area. Find those teachers that don't care anymore but it's too late for them to do anything. Don't imply, especially with our current head of education department, that our scholastic system produces much of anything that has value. Granted, private universities can produce fantastic graduates. But they are also extremely cost prohibitive. What of educational problems a student faces due to what is usually considered a learning disability. What of the religious republicans, such as Cornyn, that have no foundation in the sciences and can ignore said advice simply because it pleases them? Get the fuck out of here with all it takes is science class to get them interested. Science, as unfortunate as it is, must have a political face with which to fight for what should be freely given. Or did NASA just lose funding for nothing? No. It lost funding because of greed, and the want of politicians to feel an immediate pocket book increase. Or look good in front of voters. Look up how many cops are leaving Dallas because of their fucking mayor. No sense with money. It's all connected dipshit. And it's always about money.

Or will if she gets her way. Take a look at her previous works. Our head of education is a rich moron.

>Fuck you, anime world > real world by a metric ton.

Fuck YOU man. Anime shit doesn't hold up to scrutiny the way reality does. If you don't get any enjoyment from delving into the details maybe science isn't--
>I mean I'm an engineer
Never mind then

>Fuck you, anime world > real world by a metric ton.
You proved them wrong. If it's false, then it's false. What else do you want?

Why the fuck do you not like DeVos? She's trying to privatize the schools system and make these institutions more accessible for lower income families. And when they do have that choice, no one is going to send their kid to
kid to some creationist bullshit school. Also last time I checked public libraries and google still exist in the hood. At some point you have hold people personally accountable for their own education.

But you're right. It is all about money. But rather than be focused on putting more money in the hands of the government so they can make common core 3.0 you should be focused on industry. You don't need NASA funding when all the good engineers and scientists are going to work for SpaceX. There's no need to politicize science. It turns it into a echo chamber where grants are written to support political policy rather than scientific inquiry. Scientists make discoveries and engineers find a way to monetize them. Suddenly every STEM graduate your know has a nice house and sweet car. That's all the motivation a kid needs to get interested, after all it is all about money.

google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/answer-sheet/wp/2016/12/08/a-sobering-look-at-what-betsy-devos-did-to-education-in-michigan-and-what-she-might-do-as-secretary-of-education/
You sir should read this article. It gives a pretty good gist. She has a bachelor's in I don't know what and is now leading our education department. She has funded plenty of Christian schools. And you've apparently never been to the south and had to deal with hard line Christians.

Grants are already written to support political policy. How do you think most private companies make money? Grants from the government in return for advancing technologies. Why the hell do you think a single missile can cost a cool couple million but the MOAB cost as much as a decent house. 300,000 as I'm sure you didn't know. You're knowledge of our current political climate seems about as depthful as you're knowledge of science and the kind of funding it takes to make truly significant advances in the field. I couldn't even drown a baby in it.

Bob who?

>/pol/ is still this fucking mad
Just let it go guys

program a bot, obviously

>every scientist
Why stop there? Every musician, every fast food worker, every /r9k/ NEET has had their cup of euphoria.

you're = you are
Not that I like DeVos. There are plenty of people more qualified than her, since she only got the position through some very generous donations.

From the article
>she has been a shining light to members of the movement to privatize public education

Thanks for proving my point. And the article uses standardized test scores as a metric for success. Get out of here with that common core bullshit. Also, citing Wapo, really? I might as well go ahead and start posting articles from infowars.

>How do you think most private companies make money?

Selling products and services. This might be new to you, but not everyone needs handouts from the government to survive.

>Why the hell do you think a single missile can cost a cool couple million but the MOAB cost as much as a decent house

Because there's more that goes into the price of a missile than the payload.

You're caught up on this idea that the government is some divine institution that can throw money at a problem until its solved. No wonder we're trillions in debt. It's pathetic people like you, who need mommy and daddy to hold their hand through everything, that are ruining this nation.

>smart people typically are rich
>smart people typically have smart babies
>said babies go to expensive private schools and become smart
>cycle continues

Sorry unless you become self made man or super hot bitch you are not going to break into the circle of rich and smart. But don't worry, its still well populated.

>Do you listen to Senators talk? Maybe take a look at their voting records? A lot are fucking moronic and vote purely partisian.

Do you actually think that would change if you push science degrees?

Those people get social/political degrees because they want to go into politics. That's why so many of them are lawyers. The industry itself also attracts GIGANTIC pieces of shit. No amount of education will change that.

Engineering degree

Its pop-sci losers that treat science like a religion rather than a set of guidelines for guided inquiry.

Daily reminder that hating on Nye is redditcore

Bill Nye isn't a scientist. He's an idiot entertainer.