What type of engineer is the biggest meme engineer?

What type of engineer is the biggest meme engineer?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memetic_engineering
indeed.com/jobs?q=Mechanical Industrial Engineer&l=Houston, TX
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

mathematician

negroid engineers lmao they're dumb

anything that isn't mechanical, electrical, or chemical

Everything else is the same degree as one of those but stupidly specialized in undergrad, which nobody smart does.

I engineered a few memes. They're on a different hard drive so I can't post them, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Civil kek

nuclear. People think its more than it actually is.
t.PhD Nuclear engineering

"Environmental" engineers of course.

Industrial

All types of engineering except railroad engineering

>Audio

social engineering
U wut m8?

Packaging Engineer

>"Environmental" engineers of course.
this is actually a real thing that people who are good at it make fuck tons of money. You wouldn't believe how much money it pays to keep solid waste disposal facilities in compliance with state and federal regulations.

>Civil
this one is me. I make good money at a desk writing reports and doing light calculations for various things. Its legit especially because any time anyone out there in the real world wants to build or do anything they have to come to an engineer and get the plans approved and or have the engineer design the plans. Its required by law that they come to you to give you money to approve whatever they are wanting to build so not a bad scam to be in on if you can.

my pick for meme engineer is the "computer engineer"

code monkeys are more like linguists than engineers. and what they do is useless without an actual education in a real engineering field. programming is just a useful secondary skill, I should know, I write my own code.

Computer engineering is electronical engineering but retarded

Epic le maymay my good sir! if only i could upboat this post twice! xD

is aerospace eng a meme?

Electrical, by far.

There's only so many telephone poles to be fixed, people. Pick a better major

What's wrong with computer engineering? I'm a freshman in Computer Engineering

Is [math]Robotics[/math] a good choice?

Mechatronics

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memetic_engineering

This thing is actually being researched by the fucking US military

>OR major
>but EE is the meme according to him
You're fucking stupid. Neck yourself.

IE make the most money. The purpose of estudying an engineering is making money, so i would say its the least meme engineering.

Mechatronics, any other answer is shitposting

You forgot Civil as MechE, ChemE, and EE can't cover what CivEs do except maybe wastewater treatment.

Electrical and chemical are super specialized tho. Mechanical may have better job variety that those, but it's still super specialized. Civil, Industrial, Systems, all have a lot more jobs variety

Imo in terms of variety its probably MechE>CivE>EE>ChemE>Indus/SystemsE>Large niche fields (EnvirE, MatSci, Aerospace, CompE)>NukeE (because of it becoming smaller due to tinfoil-hat tier fear of nuclear shit)>small niche fields (Packaging, Optical, Biomedical)>memes (Mechatronics)

Why are people saying mechatronics is a meme? Isn't it a subfield of ME?

That's some 1984 shit right there

I would place ChemE below IE and systems, the rest i agree

Mechanical who's worked in both civil and industrial here, calling bullshit.

Sure you did buddy.

www.indeed.com/q-Mechanical-Civil-Engineer-l-Houston,-TX-jobs.html

indeed.com/jobs?q=Mechanical Industrial Engineer&l=Houston, TX

Civil & industrial engineer jobs for mechanical engineers are definitely a thing. The only way you might think otherwise is if you haven't looked.

Most people here are undergrads. Of course they haven't looked at the job market.

Geomatics """engineer"""

Came here to say Biomedical is a meme degree. Feel free to ask me why.

If you plan to become a MD, PHD or MD-PHD then it's decent I suppose. Undergradding in this is shiggy diggy

>unless you are in the top 5%

Most other degrees the top 50% have a good chance at succeeding.

>ITT: undergrads dick measuring about the job prospects of their majors without actually having looked at the job market

No shit sherlock, what i mean is that doesn't mean shit. An IE doing a ME's job or a ChemEng doing a IE job, etc. is not uncommon. That has nothing to do with how many different jobs one engineering has

york?

Excuse me?

Then what's the metric you're using?

ME degrees have often been listed among the preferred options for most if not all other engineering disciplines, to some degree. Industrial is indeed a large subset of ME jobs on the market, but you also have fields like software engineering and biomedical engineering that keep their doors more overtly open to mechanical engineers. The only extra hurdles would be the raw quantity of health & safety certifications you need to work a good job in something like biomedical, aerospace, nuclear, or civil.

Industrial and civil just don't seem to be on the preferred qualifications for mechanical jobs nearly as often as mechanical is on the preferred qualifications for industrial and civil.

Mechanical is almost never the preferred qualifications for actual Civil jobs because CivEs do shit like designing roads and foundations, which a MechE never learn. The only potential area that MechEs can do is Structural, which again CivEs will always be preferred massively becase they actually spent a while learning it. It would be like a CivE doing a job designing car parts.

Industrial isn't a big 4 field so its often done by non-industrialE people.

>Industrial and civil just don't seem to be on the preferred qualifications for mechanical jobs nearly as often as mechanical is on the preferred qualifications for industrial and civil.
Yeah no. I'm an IE and i take 70% of the technical classes ME take. Meanwhile ME only take 1 shitty economy class and nothing else related to IE. Data mining, operations research, machine learning, 6 sigma, logystics, accounting, managment, supply chain managment, etc. There is no way MEs see shit about these subjects in their programs.

Is engineering physics a meme?

Yes. I think it's pretty unfortunate though. They learn a lot of useful things, but it's usually not an accredited program.

Construction management engineer by far.