Did the Kierkemeister ever provide an explanation for his believing in god (and even going as far as the Christian god)?

Did the Kierkemeister ever provide an explanation for his believing in god (and even going as far as the Christian god)?

He hated the concept of believing in God for "reasons". The reasonable and the theological are separate domains

Believing in god the Kierkegaard way is trying to delude yourself to be ignorantly happy. You can't fool yourself, and you know it.

no the point is to 'take the leap of faith' to escape despair.

Dude faith lmao xD

This is why no one takes Christianity seriously anymore

That is FUCKING stupid, just hear yourself jesus christ. Just be moderate in everything you do, don't seek truth, there is none, don't be hedonistic but don't be ascetic either, enjoy life. Easy, philosophy award to me please.

God is a spook

he isn't a missionary philosopher. He's not "arguing for" belief. if you have never felt the Lord in your life his words will leave you cold.

>Felt the lord in your life
You realize those processes and feelings can be replicated by science and hormones etc?

Kierkegaard was essentially an agnostic who thought it was healthier to presume God was there than that he wasn't, basically.
It was a good choice, considering Nietzsche.

>he trusts chemicals to tell him it's chemicals

Such a childish way of looking at things, you gotta believe in something otherwise you're just floating in the air, I bet you don't even have a job and responsibilities, the only reason you can claim bullshit NEET stuff like this.

I can't decipher your position because it could go either way
Are you saying I'm childish (the guy you replied to) or he's childish (the STEMautist who loves muh chemicals)

I'm replying to you ofcourse. Philosophizing and making theories on anything beyond the five senses is pointless.

It's like yeah, there's a possibility that there are things we can't see,smell,hear or touch even with technology, but it doesn't matter, we have to remain in the realm of what we CAN grasp. Anything beyond that is childish and just trying to be edgy. It doesn't apply to life.

>you gotta believe in something
not according to some eastern techongs

Oh okay so you're just retarded cool that clears things up

Keep dreaming, you will eventually spiral into depression ;-)

>look at me im 15 and figured the world out

Non-argument. You are still losing.

Well Neuro science is now a far better understandable field than it was in kierkegaards days, if they even knew it was thing. But still the Brian is something like a huge Black Box where nothing is really proven. You know what Part of the Brian is active and what hormones are used but that does not explain where emotions come from. It's more a hypothesis

I can relate to him because I was raised as a Christian and used to really believe until roughly the start of high school. But I think his books are mostly good for explaining the way certain religious people think to those who have never experienced him.

Theology itself is a very niche interest that has no effect on really anything else, so it's not that relevant to philosophy unless you are going to do a Nietzche-level historical psychoanalysis of entire fucking cultures.