Tomatoes

Name one person you know who likes raw tomatoes. I bet you can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r1zrFwumprI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Me. Bruschetta or in sandwiches, BLTs especially, is my favourite way to have it.

me, everyone I know

I can name two (but I'm not actually finna give out any names): a co-worker and a different co-worker's boyfriend

Raw as in eating it like an apple? Dunno about that

I dislike cooked tomatoes.
I do it all the time.

Slice, salt, consume. What's not to like?

Knew a dude who was a vegetarian that ate onions like apples. Cool dude but his onion breath was killer.

small ones yes, big ones are for cooking imo

I can do cherry tomatoes, anything bigger needs a bit of love like salt or mayo

I'm gonna gag looking at these comments.

How do you live with yourselves eating such a foul fruit? (Its a fucking fruit.)

Most of the people I know older than 15

i can name three - me, my wife, my wife's son

do yourself a favor and buy one of the $4/lb fancy tomatoes, let it ripen, and eat it sliced with salt

>$4/lb fancy tomatoes
you can buy fucking gold at 4$/lb, no way i'm spending that kind of money on tomatoes

Not a big mayo fan, but salted tomato slices are the best thing for my dizzy spells. But a nice, apple-sized tomato is a good snack for me on its own.

>nice, apple-sized tomato is a good snack for me

I would LITERALLY kill myself before biting into a disease ridden fruit like tomato is.

ME, ME, ME!!!
I LOVE RAW TOMATOES, BIG OR SMALL!
How do you not know anybody who likes raw tomatoes lmao ahaha

>trying this hard

enjoy your aids

I do

Sliced raw tomatoes, with American cheese , mayo and black pepper on white bread is some of the best shit ever.

me
most of the people I know
well then it's your fault for only ever eating shit-tier tomatoes
and unfortunately cheap tomatoes tend to be tasteless, watery shits

Don't buy tomatoes that were engineered to withstand mechanical harvesting, OP.

Also be heterosexual.

t. white person

Sometimes I eat tomatoes the way someone would eat an apple.

Butter and raw tomato sandwich

No clue why it's so good.

I like eating raw tomatoes, I love them sliced, however, just biting straight into them isn't nearly as good. How much autism do I have?

Italian here. Literally everyone I know.

I can: me.

Have a cousin who eats them like an apple . She used to do it with onions too when she was younger, strange as fuck

Swiss for me but hell ya (you)

Finaly some ppl like me who can't eat them raw!
It makes me puke, idk what puts me off the texture or the taste. But i can't swallow it if my life depended on it

Has anyone had them sprinkled with sugar?

kys fags ya all probably love tomatoes on pizza

Veeky Forums really is full of women...

Swiss cheese is too spicy for me. American cheese food product* all the way.

>Swiss cheese is too spicy
>>too spicy

Hope ya thinking pepper jack.....

Nope, I'm American btw ;)

I do.
Sometimes I just eat a tomato like I would eat an apple. It tastes good.

Tomato goes great on bred, all you need is some butter and a pinch of salt.
Tomato works amazing with sour cream and cucumber. You can put it on anything.

me.
>dat umami flavor

Jeff

He's just shit posting. Don't feed the trolls.

Me

sure, me.
bruschetta is godtier when done properly.

youtube.com/watch?v=r1zrFwumprI

Me. Roasted tomatoes are GOAT, tho.

>flesh still greenish/yellowish in the middle
disgusting

Name me one flyover that has ever tasted a tomato that wasn't picked too early to prioritise shelf-life over flavour.

Ironic considering that's where the farms are.

Me

>in samdwiches
>with lime and salt/cayenne
>with olive oil and fresh cheese

Brb having some of thst gud shit

You're right that groceries in flyoverland have shit tomatoes even when vegetables are in season, but even flyovers who aren't really into gardening usually plant a few tomatoes.

Then it's not raw anymore >:(

Holy shit americans you deserve your destruction
>Having trouble with eating fresh tomatoes

My gf eats them like apples

Bruh I snack on cherry tomatoes daily, shits cash
also pic related is double cash

Oh shit. I eat them like apples. Am I your girlfriend?

I do
I eat it in halves just with some salt

Me
Been eating them raw like an apple since I was a young child.

Raw tomato typically sucks ass. But when done right or when paired with good flavors of other raw things, it can be quite good.

But just taking a bite of a raw tomato, even if it's home grown and all that shit, is fucking awful.

Everyone in my family except one person. All my friends, except one picky eater.

yes. as a whole, 'like an apple'. straight from the fridge.

i think this is my favourite comfort food. cut up tomatos, mozarella, some oil n balsamico and salt, all in a bowl

me

People are too stupid to omit fertilizer so yeah, they generally taste like poison, dirt and ass.
I am working on the flavor component, a flush with low dilute sugar water during flowering is supposed to change it a bit.
They'll probably still just taste like dirt, they always do. I only eat one a week during fruit.

Your maters are guaranteed to taste like SHIT if you use miracle-gro at any point in the growing cycle, same if you buy plants, they come with miracle gro in them all the time to increase the speed of sale and dupe people into thinking the plants are healthy.

I eat that stuff raw boy.

I can name only one person I know who doesn't like raw tomatoes. what kind of shitty tomatoes do you guys have?

i know a guy, so get btfo op.

My parents and I like them, and I know that at least 1 of my friends does.

This. I used to hate tomatoes before I noticed all the tomatoes I ate we just shitty ones that restaurants usually use, I bought myself some fresher tomatoes and they are actually pretty good on sandwiches and as a small snack with salt.

I'm guessing you're thinking of the shit pink tomatoes in the store. Doesn't hold a candle to a garden ripened tomato. Cherry tomatoes and black pepper with cottage cheese is a top tier summer time snack.

Yes

This, 100%.

>these guaranteed replies

this vietnamese girl i knew once ate a tomato as if it were an apple because she didnt know and there was tomato juice everywhere

was kind of adorable desu

I don't go out of my way to eat raw tomatoes but I do like them. If I'm ever slicing tomatoes I'll have a slice. And also in salads but I don't know if it still counts as raw.

Me. I like to gather them right from a vine and eat alive.

At what point does a picked vegetable stop being alive?
As soon as it's detached? Later on? Is it always alive because it has seeds in it?
Explain anyone?

I can't eat it by itself or in a sandwich

in a salad when its dressed or in salsa or in gauc yea

My mother.

>eat up
>you're not one of these anti GMO loons, are you?
>wow, why do you hate science?

fuckin me dude, tomatoes are delicious.
id rather eat grape tomatoes than eat a whole tomato like an apple though

i like slicing tomato and grinding a little salt on them

i once watched my buddy eat a tomato like it was an apple

they're good for those two months a year when they're in season. outside of that time frame they taste like literal dirt

except those tiny ones from mexico.. they're always pretty good

>eating tomatoes like apples
>not eating cucumbers like bananas

In Appalachia tomato sandwiches are really common. Only other igredients are sometimes salt and mayo, but you always use a big hunk of fresh tomato so it soaks into the white bread. I also know a lot of folks who just slice them plain too.

>not cutting up your cucumber like a banana and your tomato like an apple and eating them mixed together like a fruit salad

i like the way you think user

t. someone who gets the cheapest, mealiest tomatoes at the local Wal-Mart

>only good for two months a year

Hardly. I live in the south and our tomato plants start producing in late June and continue until the first frost which is usually the end of October or November. We also cut off suckers and plant those for another later maturing plant.

>everyone lives where i live

I eat tomatoes like fucking apples and always did.

Best fucking breakfast you can take for a summer day in the field.
A raw tomato, a raw cucumber, a breadroll and a piece of polish sausage.

Homegrown extremely ripe tomato with a little touch of salt is the best thing around.

I always wanted to try tomacco though, it always looked so fucking tasty. I blame Simpsons for my nicotine addiction.

My sister-in-law is the only person I know that doesn't like raw tomatoes, not counting kids.

You're probably a kid.

My grandpa does that all the time.

him

I eat whole heirloom tomatoes as a snack and keep grape tomatoes for the same reason.

underrated post

I enjoy raw tomatoes. So does my mother and my father.