Fried rice

Fried rice thread! Post your favourite fried rice recipes.
Pic not mine.

I'll start with what I made last night, not my favourite but I had all ingredients.
>pour some non-evo in a large pan, high heat
>add garlic and ginger crushed in a mortart, fry until they start getting golden
>finely diced onion, add and stir until it turns translucent
>carrot julienne, stir another minute or so
>little bit of prosciutto
>eggplant and zucchini julienne, another half minute
>add rice
>add shitload of parsley or coriander
>ground cayenne to taste
>fry until desired rice texture
>add one egg, mix immediately

voila, simple and delicious

Garlic, green onion, ginger, salt, pepper, egg, shrimp, squid, pork, beef, chicken, and long grain rice

Oh i forgot
Green peas and carrots

>eggplant, zucchini, prosciutto
Just make risotto nigger.
Zucchini shouldn't be in fried rice.

>parsley
>zucchini
>eggplant
>prosciutto
Something tells me you didn't even use soy sauce did you m8?

I'm out of soy sauce. Wouldn't have used prosciutto if I had it, or if I had pork or chicken.

Parsley and zucchini are king, eggplant was around.

you can't make risotto with leftover rice, retard

Just made some kimchi fried rice. It was good, but it wasn't as spicy as I usually make it.

isn't your garlic burnt af by the time the onions are done?
if there are no leftovers, I fry freshly cooked rice in oil/ghee, add onions on one side, when both are about done, garlic and ginger (or galgant if available), fry that, mix it all together. add carrots, peas, bell peppers, scampi or meats, add soy sauce with curry paste and a tiny bit of honey (mixed in a bowl). push the rice to the sides of the pan, add a bit more oil in the midde to fry the eggs on. then mix it all, add greens (parsley, coriander) and roasted sesame seeds. done. does one need to mention that salt, pepper, chili etc are used, too (bit of turmeric for that golden colour), or does that go without saying.
same recipe applicable to noodles

>you didn't even use soy sauce did you m8?

Something tells me that you have a very whiteboy idea of fried rice.

I usually just boil the rice with salt and a bay leaf for extra flavor, leave it to dry overnight, and then mix it up with egg and fry until the egg is cooked.
I fry any other meat and vegetables separately because I don't like my rice all soggy.

i could make better fried rice than anyone in the thread. i keep it asian even though you can do whatever you want."until youve used ingredients like kecap manis I wont take you seriously

ive made better fried rice than any restaurant ive eaten at. id eat fried rice once a week as a child,

ive also made an italian styled fried rice. with italian sausage, prosciutto, olive oil, garlic, basil, sundried tomato, white wine and parmesean.

i know fried rice.
you are the retard putting zucchini and parsley in rice.you didnt actually need anything other than. prosciutto, eggs, carrots, and corriander. i can imagine the taste of your rice being off.

Typically, i just use some leftover fried rice from the local Chinese restaraunt,

>two or three eggs, scrambled
>half an onion, diced
>couple cloves of garlic, minced
>1/4 cup of terriyaki sauce
>a table spoon of chili paste
>and a teaspoon of ground ginger.

I put in the onion until saute'd, then the garlic.

then after i scramble the eggs, i put in the terriyaki sauce, ginger and chilli paste, I stir again.

Then i add the rice with the garlic and onions.

After a few minutes, i slowly add the eggs, scrambling a little at a time...

but i get too impatient and just put the whole bowl in.

i dont want to eat dirty soy eostrogens

>>eggplant, zucchini, prosciutto
>Just make risotto nigger.
>Zucchini shouldn't be in fried rice.
fuck you nigger

>little bit of prosciutto
Done that before. Salty meat is nice in fried rice. Perfectly acceptable.

>meat in pan -remove
>egg in pan -remove
>onion in pan -remove
>other veg in pan -remove
>rice in pan -season -add removed ingredients

Biggest fallacy is using day old rice.

rice that has rested is more cohesive and you can oil it cold so you don't have to piss around tossing it in your wok. Keeps your fucking grains from fraying all to shit.

This, the best fried rice are with one day old rice. It keeps them from sticking and gives each grain a nice subtle crispy coating

You people know nohin about fried rice a.k.a "khao phad".

A day old rice
Meat
Garlic
Some vegetable
Egg

How come no one here even mention fish sauce? You faggots havnt even been to SEA. Yeah.. I knew it. Dont forget to Always serve with a slice of lime and prik nam plaa.

I have 6 year old fish sauce rotting in my fridge right now, what are you talking about? All that shit you listed is basic. Barring whatever asian poverty language you were speaking.

wow sounds really exotic user

lol, You should try making the ultra exotic dish of pad thai. It's like eating something from Klingon.

This myth has been defunct.
But if you get better results using your day old rice, then carry on.
I worked in a Chinese restaraunt for a long time and they used day old rice simply to get rid of day old rice that didn't get served with meals.
It's not a horrible idea, but I've just found that properly cooked fresh rice is better for fried rice.

>How come

>-season -
Bitch, this isn't a fucking walk-through.
If you need me to pick your seasonings, then ask.

You might have a rice cultivar and technique to keep it from turning to ratshit. We're not pros here.

>We're not pros here.
But we talk like pros... Simply don't over-cook it. But that said:
Jasmine rice is very forgiving when applied to fried rice. It's also the preferred rice when making Thai style fried rice (youtube).
There are lots of street vendor videos for Thai style fried rice and they all use fresh (warm) jasmine rice. Give it a shot.
It's a lot less complicated than it's made out to be. If you don't have a wok, just cook things and remove them, add all together at the end.
I like Chinese fried rice, but Chinese is my favorite (when done right).

I like Thai*

jasmine rice isn't a cultivar. are you talking about jasmine flavoured basmati?

>REEEEE how dare you not make my exact same thai recipe you must be messing fried rice up
>how dare people use a different soy sauce than me?
>I am a legendary chef and no restaurant can compare
>I put random "italian" ingredient together, that makes for a very italian flavoured dish
>parsley and coriander are completely different

Are you actually autistic?

What did you mean by this?

Yes fresh rice is best. I think people should learn to fry old rice aswell as that is one of the best, if not the best, ways to use day old rice.

Parsley in fried rice is a joke you faggot.
Stop projecting. I don't care what soy sauce you use. I just think you threw together your dish in a pretentious manner.

I may seem arrogant, but that attitude comes from a classical viewpoint.

to be fair user, I think your dish is a pretty odd mish-mash of ingredients. There is something off about it.

I have easy access to very high quality parsley, not so much with coriander.
If you really can cook, you should understand the importance of ingredient quality.

it would have been fine with just corriander.. Maybe I'm too simple here's what I would have done.

Garlic, Ginger, prosciutto, coirriander, egg,. These 3-5 ingredient fried rices really are superb.

>thai
user...

>zuchinni
>parsley
>carrot
>prosciutto
>no soy sauce
>"Thai"
I don't know where the fuck you got Thai from. Perhaps you're referring to the Indonesian sweet soy sauce I mentioned known as Kecap Manis.

If you're referring to your own recipe. Prosciutto, Parsley, and zucchini is far from Thai.

If you wan't thai fried rice I'd say one of the most important ingredients is basil, chili/peppers, and garlic.

>this post

whats wrong with my post user. This nigger is putting zucchini and parsley in fried rice.. He's not even using soy sauce.

>He's not even using soy sauce.

Why do whiteboys put soy sauce in fried rice when it's rarely done that way in China?

Why do whiteboys rarely, if ever, use things like douchi, dobanjiang, tienmenjiang, or shrimp paste in their fried rice?

>chinese rarely use soy sauce in fried rice
>going to need a citation.
I know they rely on more than soy sauce for flavors. Where as many "White boys" only use soy sauce as the main.

I've taken to using garlic chili sauce, kecap manis, worchester sauce, and citrus ponzu as an accompaniment to soy sauce.

You forgot about Maoyou.

>>chinese rarely use soy sauce in fried rice
>>going to need a citation.

I had an epiphany about this. I love the old Iron Chef show (the Japanese one that then was dubbed on Food Network, etc.) It occurred to me that of the hundreds of dishes I saw Chen Kenichi make I don't think I ever saw him use soy sauce even once. That extends to the numerous challenging Chinese chefs as well. Morimoto, Michiba, and various other Japanese chefs did use it fairly often though.

OTOH here in the US the general idea seems to be that any and all Chinese food must contain massive amounts of soy sauce. My relatives in England think the exact same way.

>kecap manis
mein neger