If I use this to scrape off the burger remnants, will it damage my teflon coating?

If I use this to scrape off the burger remnants, will it damage my teflon coating?

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/2010/06/how-to-buy-season-clean-maintain-cast-iron-pans.html
cooksillustrated.com/how_tos/5820-the-ultimate-way-to-season-cast-iron
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pic onion related?

Try chainmail first and then get a cast iron skillet.

Soak your pan for awhile then use a sponge with soap and water. Teflon is delicate like your sweet and tender pussy OP

but thats not teflon that is a cast iron, its just not prepped correclty.

Scrape all you want then, you're only removing something easily replaceable if you fuck up

Ohhh got confused. Usually with my cast iron i soak inside the pan for 10 min max in luke warm water (dont do hot) then i take a nylon scraper and get all the shit off. Afterwards i would use a wee bit of soapy water and the back side of a sponge to remove the rest. If well seasoned enough you don't have to worry about the season too much. After you dry it off do your usual business with oil n shit. If the metal scraper is all you have, be gentle

People may disagree with my method, but this is the way ive done it for years, no problems yet.

No it'll be fine

honeslty i think op is a retard and didnt season it properly/at all, probbably just got it off walmart. look how dull it looks

dont worry op i made the same mistake as well.

try either of these op

seriouseats.com/2010/06/how-to-buy-season-clean-maintain-cast-iron-pans.html
>Until a good layer of seasoning has built up, food will stick to it. This goes for even the "pre-seasoned" skillet on the market now, which have a mediocre level of seasoning at best.

cooksillustrated.com/how_tos/5820-the-ultimate-way-to-season-cast-iron

Yeah, I mix onion soup mix into my patties

Why not hot water? I've been scraping with this lately and haven't seen any problems yet and it gets the job done easily

hot water removes the seasoning, which you do not have yet, so refer to this

Kek. That website says to use hot water

>hot water removes the seasoning
wut

No, but you'll take off the seasoning.

Boil water inside the pan a couple of minutes.

Pour out water.

Use salt with a cloth or paper towel to rub the gunk off and smooth the inside.

Dry thoroughly and place in warm oven to make sure all moisture is gone.

Oil and store.

>Salt on cast iron memes

Plz no

You're just "sanding" down, removing solid bits on top of hard patina.

If there's no seasoning there, by all means, just use a wire brush.

Hot water expands the metal ever so slightly causing the porous surface to absorb water which causes rust.

Wouldn't that mean you can't cook with liquids at all except oils?

Nah cause if you're still cooking the liquids will evaporate. If there is a lot of liquid you should probably clean it sooner. Rust doesn't happen instantly. Another thing is after you wash your pan you should put it over heat until it just starts to smoke so you get all of the water out of the pan and to ready your pan for a good ol oil rub.

soak it in water first, ya dope. Then just wipe it off.

Wouldn't heat close the "pores".

Time for my daily burger

Plated

cobra is that you?

Why no toppings?

Metal expands when it's heated, so no. however, if you heat the pan after you wash it to boil off any residual water, which you should anyway, the whole pore thing is a non-issue even if it was true.

That post wasn't me, but I've been shitposting up and down this board for an hour now.

t. Cobra

it would be extremely painful...

Toppings on burgers and pizza often make them taste worse

>metal expands when heated
thus closing divots, it doesn't expand in only one direction.

>Shitty baby taste buds can only handle plain food with a light coating of salt and pepper

I just use steel wool. I can't be bothered with scrubbing for a few minutes for one dish.

Is that garlic near the right? Why didn't you mix the meat better? That's going to make for one overly garlic tasting bite.

Lipton Onion soup mix

>Plated
>just sitting on filthy newspaper
I hate this meme.

Don't use metal on Teflon at all. Only use rubber utensils and clean with a soft sponge and soapy water. If stuff is burnt on, soak for a while.

If you scrape too harshly you'll ruin the non stick and it might* give you cancer if you consume too much of the coating

*it also might not

you do realize you're supposed to heat the pan again after washing it, right?

oh shut the fuck up you imbecile

>Try not to use metal utensils on teflon. If you burn a plastic spatula on your pan, boil some water + baking soda in the pan and give it a scrub afterward.