I fucking hate potatoes

Starchy pieces of shit should have never been torn from the ground. I want to like these oblong taxidermied apples, but these fuckers have haunted me, as everyone I know would god damn sell their mother for a single one of these orc testicles.

Does Veeky Forums know of any way to serve these edible starch rocks that makes them not have the consistency of chunky glue

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/user/foodwishes/search?query=potatoes
dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2297416/The-woman-whos-eaten-nearly-13-000-jacket-potatoes-shes-scared-nearly-foods.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Crybaby

Honestly: You have a shit taste.

you try eating unseasoned hot starch for your formative years and see if you like these fuckers

liquid potatoes

Well I don't know how to make things appealing for someone with such a terrible taste, but you don't have to eat them, do you?

apparently it's a god damn mortal sin to people if I don't and I want to fucking be able to see the god damn appeal of what amounts to the edible version of morning mouth so I can stop being such a fucking disappointment during holidays

>mashed wit shrimp
>baked wit shrimp
>wedges n shrimp
>roasted wit shrimp
>twice baked n stuffed with shrimp
>skins n shrimp
>chips n shrimp

If you really want to improve your taste, I think practicing would be the best way.

well, I do like shrimp, so I can actually see this working. Doesn't stop the judgmental glares of relatives during thanksgiving but could maybe be used to train my taste to actually enjoy chunky dirt paper
how the fuck do you practice eating a potato

You eat it.

that's not practice that's actually performing unless potato eating is similar linguistically to the practice of medicine

Shit taste man

Liking potatoe is an acquired taste

i am intrigued: what is that cat doing on a pile of potatoes?

BOIL EM

MASH EM

Wow you're an idiot

The nature of potatoes mean you'll probably always have that mouthfeel you don't like unless you eradicate any fluffy softness.
>Eat crispy potato skins filled with cheese etc, which remove most of the filing
>Try shredded potato foods, such as potato rosti and hash browns
>Go for well done chips, but at your own risk of injury

I agree. I grew up eating shitty boiled potatoes every day. Fuck potatoes.

Boil for 10
Fry or oven for 10

It's all about the sauce.

not really a fan of chips, but potato skins are marginally better, as are hash browns
plain baked potatoes were the weapon of choice in the early years, followed by equally plain and chunky mashed disasters, and a mild distaste grew to fuming hatred after the unending slog of starch never ceased
what kind of sauce?

soaking cut potatoes for 30 minutes or more prior to cooking removes a lot of the starch

>removes a lot of the starch
yes

Why the fuck is this lady under a bale of god damn potatoes?
What is the context? What am I supposed to be feeling from this?

the lady is drowning in inedible starch products and from her face she has obviously succumbed to the illness pervasive among this species of tuber

or it's just a click-bait picture to advertise some woman's potato farm

not all potatoes are created equal. my fav is yukon gold. they make god-tier mashed taters.

>edible starch rocks
>orc testicles
>taxidermied apples

This is gold, OP.

he's checking out the

paw-ta-toes

I understand your anger OP, some of us are served certain foods in the most atrocious ways as we grow up, so we only have disdain for them. As an act of rebellion I taught myself to cook and create amazing things out of shit I used to hate.

Remember potatoes are amazingly versatile and also very cheap. I would suggest you to get to know your enemy. Learn about what types of potatoes are available near you, find which ones are better for frying, mashing, etc. Learn some simple spice combos too. Then learn what you can dress them in if that's what you want.

Chef John is always a good starting point:
m.youtube.com/user/foodwishes/search?query=potatoes

Explore his recipes.

Personally I love pan frying cubed russett potatoes in Beef Tallow until my potatoes are perfectly crispy, adding cayenne, salt, cracked black pepper, onion powder, and white pepper, with a side of chipotle mayo. I also throw in some diced up peperroni, chopped caramelized onion, cheese, and egg for breakfast.

Or you can just become a picky babby and be an embarrassment to everyone you meet for the rest of your life.

what in gods name do you do to them to make them get a consistency of chunky glue?

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2297416/The-woman-whos-eaten-nearly-13-000-jacket-potatoes-shes-scared-nearly-foods.html

It's a picture of girl with an eating disorder that makes her averse to foods other than potatoes, cheese, and coleslaw. At least she can get some cabbage and carrots in from that.

But theres different types of potatoes?

Do you only have shit ones where you live?

Also tomatoes are the real pile of shit food that has infiltrated main stream culture

Fry them crispy i suppose.

My wife loves boiled potatos and it's the most disgustingly boring thing ever.

It's an Irish thing, you wouldn't understand.

so try seasoning them ya dingus

French fried is the only way to serve potatoes. All other iterations are atrocities. Yes, even if you add three sticks of butter and mash them.

STICK 'EM IN A STEW

More salt and fat probably. Sounds like you've been given too many undercooked, under seasoned potatoes. You get mashed potatoes from a restaurant for example, they'll be practically one fifth butter.

Some people like plain boiled potatoes, but there's always going to be a wrong un.