Should we kill severely retarded people and spastics off?

>waste of resources, tax payer dollars etc
>can be dangerous to other people
>is a burden to anyone who has to raise them
>are fucking gross, ugly, weird and have a "punch me in the fucking snout" look on their face 24/7

Seriously, they're so gross and icky.

Other urls found in this thread:

intechopen.com/books/down-syndrome/genetic-and-epigenetic-mechanisms-in-down-syndrome-brain
ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/down-syndrome#inheritance
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is a Christian board

>punch me in the fucking snout" look on their face
i can confirm it feels really, really good to punch one of these retards in the face

OP, you're either a troll or a psychopath. Get tested if you're not trolling.

Human value isn't measured in just intellectual or economic output.
OP you've clearly never been close to someone with down's. They're truly a gift to the world.

How the fuck is this related to science or math?

We probably should, but never actually will.

go back to /pol/ edgelord

A democratic state is defined by it's civil rights such as social equality. Civil rights must be defended by law under all circumstances, in particular for minorities, because the chain will only shine as brightly as it's weakest element.

>Hasn't seen The Masterpiece Society
A great deal of what we know about human learning, and indeed, a great deal of our advances in educating the young, has come about as a result of our working with the mentally retarded.

It's a slippery slope, as necessity is the mother of invention. After war, dealing with the various disabilities birthed within society has been the source of more invention than near anything else.

They, and those unfortunates like them, are in fact an indispensable resource for advancement in general - a driving force. They are also a testament to any given society's ability to sustain itself. They are so few in number, if they truly were enough of a burden on any given society to cause it to be so short sighted as to exterminate them, that society isn't worth saving, and in all probability, can't be saved at all.

This. Also Veeky Forums is alarmingly reddit, have you ever actually seen what a disabled person acts like or is it the muh minorities argument twisted in a more pathetic way?

Instead of commiting mini genocides, you can fix it by genetic screening and abortion on the spot. And if the parents want to keep it, they lose all types of welfare (including medical) forever. The problem will solve itself within a generation or two.

There seems to be a pattern here. Every time I see one of those I subcounsciously want to stone its head or curbstomp it to death. Not even trying to be edgy.

Yes.

A society should be viewed on how well it looks after its weakest.

>this meme again
Bleeding heart liberalism was a mistake. Mental retardation destroys lives, potential, marriages and society. I hope you get half a dozen autismspawn to feel the wonders of tard parenting.

This thread is based around politics. It belongs on the board for politics. This is the board for science. This thread is unrelated to science. It does not belong here.

nobody is forced to have a kid with down's
screening and offering abortion is common place in many countries

if someone wants to keep the kid - so be it

Yes, start with yourself and kys.

He's right though, by your logic a model society would be that of chimpanzees in the wild

I hope you don't think you are a good person for defending this person by telling them to go kill themselves.

>it's another commie-eugenics-are-needed-because-too-thaousand-seventeeen thread

>debilitating autism
Included in the retard graph btw.

This thread is why we need math captchas.

You can kys also.

you stupid wannabe engineering faggot.

Not kill off, but women should be financially penalized for carrying a confirmed retard zygote to term.

Vaginiggers are so fucking selfish I swear to god. If men could get pregnant instead I guarantee you almost none of them would arrogantly choose to give birth to a confirmed potato.

here who did you think you were replying to?

>are fucking gross, ugly, weird and have a "punch me in the fucking snout" look on their face 24/7

By the same logic we should kill all pets.

My dog is cute, nerd.

To you. That's the whole point.

To me it's a gross retarded thing that bites, is annoying loud and is covered in dog shit and dog spit. Eww

You are likening downies to dumb animals (which they are) but at least dogs don't try and pretend to be human

I'm not for either side but I'm pretty sure pets are way cheaper and less maintenance.

>kill the weak
>more powerful society now
so you are on the purge train

It's not commie eugenics because the welfare state allows for people to leech off of society with the clear understanding that they will never be useful to anyone and are only kept alive out of sentiment.

If people want to keep their retards they should get no funding for it, as mentioned above. I'm libertarian so you can trust me.

>ethics
>not related to science
MOMMY MOMMY LOOK I POSTED AGAIN ON Veeky Forums

You don't know what science is then kid. You belong on reddit

prevention is the best cure

>ethics
>a science
>ethics
>not better suited for discussion on reddit
Are these posts ironic?

ITT downies

Why are you in an ethics thread here instead of reddit if you think reddit is better suited to it? Seems a little counter-productive

Kill? No. Stop them breeding? Yes.

Barbarian.

Prevention is best. Risk-gene carriers should be denied a reproduction license.

down syndrome is so fucking disgusting, I can't even explain. it's like when I see a person with a burnt face or something, at least I know what's the problem. but with a downie I just feel that something is VERY wrong and it's disturbing but I can't quite put it into words what it is exactly. seriously, it creeps me out big time.

This.

We shouldn't kill them, just stop them from breeding.

in the USA it was decided by the Supreme Court that the government can sterilize anyone they decide isn't fit to propagate the species. BuckVsBell

Your side lost WW2 mate

No edit our genome to make mutations that lead to tards and downies very unlikely instead.

This
I hate how much of a drain pets are on the economy. Just think of all the tax dollars we pour into them

>OP you've clearly never been close to someone with down's. They're truly a gift to the world.

How has the individual you know with downs enhanced your life. I am not doubting you in any way shape or form. Just curious.

This is how you descend to Stalin or Hitler type scenarios. It's a slippery slope. It might help at first, but what's next after the tards? People with various genetic abnormalities? The poor? The ugly?

No you motherfucker but we should find solutions to the symptoms these people struggle with.

We need to find cures or better yet, ways to prevent these anchors on individuals.

>libertarian
Hahahahaha

That would mean killing the whole white race off OP.

Has Veeky Forums been declining rapidly, or am I just nostalgic and things have always been this bad?

Autism and retardation

Literally every smug child and teenager you don't like

>babbys first bait

little bit of both really, it has really gone to shit over the last 3-4 years, it used to be a lot less shit before all the /pol/ refuse started shitting things up, the decline's been pretty steady though

I had this childhood friend who had a little brother with down syndrome. He was pretty bad ass. I like downs people; they have a certain charm to them. Once his mom said something along the lines of " I don't regret having him but if he was going to be so severely disabled that he'd just sit in a wheel chair drooling on him self all day with no meaning in life I would of got an abortion without even hesitating. People like him can still contribute to society by working low level jobs.

I think babies born with severe mental disabilities should be kept alive as mandatory organ donors to be put down and harvested when in need or when they expire. It should especially be done when it is a child with something like anencephaly were they will never gain consciousness and just die in a few days anyway.

Organs are hard to come by and baby organs even harder. It's fucking insane when we have an easy opportunity to give an infant/small child with amazing potential the chance to grow up and leave their mark on this world yet we choose not to so Doodle can lay around grunting and shitting him self all day.

pleas dont kill me

>Kill? No. Stop them breeding? Yes.
Downs is epigenetic, retard.

This Further, most Downs people CAN'T breed.

As much as we all love our math, sciences and world of certainties. The there's one certainty we can always rely on, mother nature.
No matter how advanced we are, aim to be or ever will be we cannot control nature. And to battle against it will always be fruitless, sometimes we can over come it nature such as curing disease but we can't stop a tsunami or the storms on Jupiter or the laws of gravity.
In nature it's survival of the fittest, and it is that way for a reason. I imagine if nature did allow at one point the weakest to thrive for a generation. then the next generation would be pitiful and humanity and its achievements would be eternally undone.

>Downs is epigenetic
(citation needed)

>Downs people CAN'T breed
(citation needed)

>downies
Incinerator
>severe mental disabilities
Incinerator
>gross deformations
Incinerator
>horrible metabolic diseases
Incinerator

That's pretty much it.

Yes, it should look after sick people, people with mental problems, poor people etc, but there's no point keeping mentally retarded and severely ill fetuses alive purely because of muhh feels.
Wouldn't you rather spend money on treating cancer than spending it on tube feeding retards?

ITT: sociopaths

>Should we kill
No. Why would we when sterilization would be fine?

counterpoint.
they would be preferable as cheap labor to foreigners.

Downies are mostly nice people and they're usually sterile anyway, spastics with genetic problems should be sterilized.

How about we kill OP instead?
>is a massive faggot
>spent all this time thinking about reasons why he doesn't like retarded people
>Phoneposter

Thoughts?

Not him, but it could be because we get pleasure out of helping others, and retards are the easiest group to derive this pleasure from. While they are still classified as being disabled, retards are generally very low maintenance as they're otherwise pretty functional (ie. no severe physical/mental disability), so being tolerant of them is all it takes for people to get their 'morally superior' feels

First one is correct:
intechopen.com/books/down-syndrome/genetic-and-epigenetic-mechanisms-in-down-syndrome-brain

ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/down-syndrome#inheritance

Second one, is semi-correct, in that about half of women with Downs are infertile, and Downs men have abysmal fertility rates.

However, if they do manage to breed, the odds of trisomy gene goes up about 30% - though the odds of other birth defects goes up quite a bit more, and the infant mortality rates go up about thirty fold (meaning even if they do manage to conceive, odds are, the child will not live).

It happens, but the vast, vast majority of Downs children are born to normal parents.

We have an edgelord on our hands

then we should also view how a society treats nature and is able to grow sustainable (which is imho 10 times more important than caring for tards), and yeah,congrats we failed...