Hi guys

Hi guys.

Anyone here have a great yeast-free pizza dough recipe?

Nothing against yeast, I just don't have any and I can't get any. I have self rising flour, sorghum flour, a couple other goddamn kinds of flour, but no yeast.

Other urls found in this thread:

thefreshloaf.com/node/233/wild-yeast-sourdough-starter
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>BTW I'm not a grill

But I am a grill, actually.

just use some baking powder instead (or the self rising flour that already has baking powder in it).

it's gonna come out kind of shitty, but it'll be edible.

work the dough to develop gluten like you usually would, and go with higher hydration... the steam from high hydration will somewhat make up for the lack of yeast leavening.

Then you have access to yeast.

Thank you, that is really helpful.
Get the fuck out.

>can't get any yeast
If you have flour, you have yeast. Unless it has been irradiated or bleached, flours always contain yeast spores and if you mix water with flour the yeasts will come back to life and you can make a sourdough starter to use as leavening. It takes a couple of weeks to build a stable, predictable sourdough levain, but once you've got your starter going it's quite easy to work with (people have been leavening bread with it for ~4,000 years now).

use a lot of flour on the outside of the dough to keep it from sticking (if you are using high hydration)

also... dock that dough (poke with a fork a bunch) or you might end up with a baloon - this is how pita bread is made (sort of)

Well if I wanted to wait a couple of weeks to make pizza then I would be able to get my hands on yeast, but I was thinking about making some for dinner...I just meant I can't get any yeast at the moment, as in for the next few days.
Good info, tho. Thanks.

Oh that is a good tip, I did get a dough balloon once. -_- Soiled it.

>-_- Soiled it.

This is the most British thing I have read on this board in the last 24 hour.

Huh, I'm an American, and from the South at that. Funny.

If I had a few drinks, I'd probably try it.

Jeeze, ribbed for his pleasure? On a blue board?

This. Wild yeast produce much more interesting and flavorful doughs too. The process can be speeded up by using an unpasteurized organic fruit juice for tha liquid in the initial stages of getting it going. Here's a simple, excellent method that gets you a usable starter in 2 weeks max.

thefreshloaf.com/node/233/wild-yeast-sourdough-starter

The best way to do it is just to use unbleached flour and distilled water (no chlorine or fluoride from the tap).

Place in a dark warm place and cap with a coffee filter and rubber band so it can breath easily.

My last starter took off in 6 days with this method. I have heard of it being even faster when using fresh cut pineapple juice - but only for the initial feeding.

This

wat

What brand?

I am a piece of shit rusty weber

You dont name your starters?

This is "The Duke."

I'm fucking dying lmao

Sorry to hear that