Mathematics, computer science, physics, music, and philosophy are all literally the same subject

Mathematics, computer science, physics, music, and philosophy are all literally the same subject.

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tgrQhBTDfhk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

But...Jazz IS Fascist, like all forms of Music that stifle the Human Spirit under the boot of formalism.

Your the idiot

it is literally impossible to study one field without accidentally learning all of the others. Prove me wrong

Jazz has no rules tho.

jazzlet detected

prove yourself right first, nigger

youtube.com/watch?v=tgrQhBTDfhk

i can confirm this, i graduated from jazz studies and i learned interuniversal teichmuller theory

fascist

Computer science is basically a subset of maths.
Physics is applied maths
Music has basically nothing to do with maths
Philosophy has basically nothing to do with maths other than some first order logic

Everything is math.

>Music has basically nothing to do with maths
Spot the brainlet

>Music has basically nothing to do with maths
>Philosophy has basically nothing to do with maths other than some first order logic
you have no idea

Do explain friends

massive brainlet detected

Obviously wrong.

You dont really speak the english language do you.

The "same" means that they are "exchangeable" for one another, so that if you study math instead of music there would be no difference.

This is obviously false and although all the things you listed are sub fields of mathematics none of them are the "same" because they are different.

If you studied any of them to a certain extent you'd study the others.

what?

all classical (don't know about modern 'beats') music can be shown in functions with perfect harmony, so you could write a symphony with harmonic functions. music=maths

music can be analysed mathematically
this does mean music IS mathematics
ultimately any two things can be conceptually linked in some way

No, you Mongoloid, not really.

oops, meant doesn't mean

For Leibniz (guy who invented calculus), music was a way of tricking your brain into doing maths, and the only way of physically experiencing the beauty and harmony of logic that is normally a pleasure only for the mind. Philosophy is what links all these things.

personally, I think this is sort of a meme, but it's still interesting, and fun knowledge to pull out at bars to impress roasties.

Actually he's right. Studying maths (with a little bit of physics and CS) made me both appreciate music more (and actually analyse it methodically instead of going "nice sound tho"), and get interested in philosophy. It also made philosophy books I had struggled with as an edgy high school student easier to read.

They're all part of theology

>If you studied any of them to a certain extent you'd study the others.
>to a certain extent
>to a certain extent
>to a certain extent

In English the word for that is "similar". "Same" is used when it is not only "similar to an extend" but in all aspects equal.

Seriously, if you dont know the definition of words look them up before you use them.

>implying formalism is a bad thing
go fuck yourself

Are you me?

>Literally impossible to study one field without accidentally learning all the others

Unless you study one field completely, meaning every single relevant topic as in depth as current knowledge allows, then you are wrong. For example, Hegels dialectic method has nothing to do with probability theory.

Well hi there, /leftypol/
Actually math, CS, physics, music, and philosophy are all limiting cases of the more general M-theory

kys faggot

It's a shame you don't have any experiments to back up your claim.