The greatest mathematician of the 20th century was a black man

>but blacks arn't good at mat..

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.ams.org/inclusionexclusion/2017/05/11/get-out-the-way/
theliberatedmathematician.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/PiperThesisPostPrint.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rao–Blackwell theorem
Blackwell channel
Blackwell's approachability theory
Arbitrarily varying channel
Games of imperfect information
Dirichlet distribution
Mathematical economics
Recursive economics
Sequential analysis
Optimal searching in boxes

>Professor Emeritus of Statistics

kek

black woman*

WE

YOU

MAd

PhD in math from Princeton, you can't even be mad.

so he made alot of great advances in game theory

he still didn't make the biggest one like John Nash

and he didn't create mathematical game theory like Von Neumann who i would put ahead of him

she took a break from school to shit out some crotchfruits. the way she worded it is a bit cringey, but there's nothing wrong with that.

i'd rather have intelligent blacks reproducing than 90% of whites

kang'z

>black
Race is a social construct.

in reality it was probably a jew, much as i hate to admit

Cray cray

the greatest mathematician of the 20th century was Grothendieck

Do even ppl in sci shittalk about races? Please destroy humanity or Veeky Forums at least...

yep,m a jew

Godel was black? I thought he was a jew. The more you know.

Not the greatest but he proves many people in this site wrong.

Read his thesis. It's impressive to say the least how anyone could pass that shit.b

Tribalism is a very strong impulse in man. This is why lofty ideals of world unity are almost certainly going to fail.

rip europe, my love

>let me pretend this race bullshit isn't from /pol/acks
Invaded all fucking boards.

Yeah, but they wouldn't be able to take root if there wasn't fertile ground already.

theliberatedmathematician.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/PiperThesisPostPrint.pdf

Those AMS blogs are embarrassing trash.

>greatest mathematician of the 20th century
Ahahahahaaaaa

I'd like the thank OP for pointing out that there is only one big-name black mathematician while there are multiple east asian , indian and latino big-name mathematicians.

What about Marjorie?

She only took 7 math classes before coming to Princeton. She said her self she just one day woke up and decided she wanted to do math. She says in her blog she didn't know that new math was still being created. She was grossly under prepared, she even admits it. She was only there because she was black.

>intelligent blacks
How intelligent? More than that 90%?

ok but how is this related to Veeky Forums?

She still did it.

Intelligent blacks are great. However, this woman is a ridiculous fraud. She got a phd from Princeton with no undergrad degree in math or a related field. She's published exactly one paper ever, which was 12 pages. However her thesis was a 139 page version of that same 12 page paper, written horribly with a bunch of slang and utter nonsense. She still has a job in academia despite her pathetic cv, and yet she whines about how hard it is for her because racism and sexism. She says white male professors should quit their jobs, and she's married to a white male professor (who also graduated from Princeton but who actually does research and isn't an obvious fraud)

So yeah some intelligent blacks would be great, but she isn't one

Didn't know Harald Bohr was black...

Go ahead and Google that woman; take a look at her picture. Now take a look at David Blackwell. Following this, recall the most capable figure in mathematics or STEM you've ever met.

For me, David Blackwell has almost exactly the same composure, air, and appearance of ability about him as the most renowned people I've met. Piper Harron does not have this quality.

She's still a fraud. Her degree is useless since she can't actually do math.

She likely didn't do anything. After her husband begged favor, Princeton threw her a bone after she cried around campus about not being able to complete her research due to 'internalized racism and misogyny.'

That's not Michael Atiyah.

What flavor of jelly is this?

I feel sorry for her. She does have a job but she obviously doesn't like it and she's constantly blaming other people instead of just admitting she isn't actually any good at math

Just look at his face. He's only part African.

I am indeed envious of people who are handed things for free on a silver platter that they did not earn. Problem?

The other part, of course, is Jew.

She obviously knows what she's doing well enough. Guys, I agree she is annoying and in-your-face with the social justice thing, but I don't discredit people just because I don't like them.

Forgot the attachment

I sure wish I could get a free PhD because of my skin color and gender

Yes you can, if you read her publications. Its fake trash

I did.
Looks fine.

>20th century

Then condition man to see a generalized tribe including all of humanity.

Her victimmongering is annoying. Her solutions are untenable and she's got some nerve to cry about being disadvantaged after having graduated from NYU and the most country club like of all the Ivy League schools

>Majors in Romance Languages, cum laude
>Only took a handful of math classes
>Probably never took a proofs class
>Gets into Princeton PhD because she "wanted to see what math was all about"
>"I though a math PhD was knowing math, I didn't know that new knowledge in the field was still being created." ---> actual quote
>Struggles in PhD
>Reeeeeeee stupid white supremacy

It amazes me that someone who got into Princeton for a math PhD (something most qualified white men can't do) with almost no relevant qualifications can claim to be disadvantagedby the system.

She also wrote this article.

Those comments...

How the fuck do you get a Ph.D in Math from Princeton without an undergraduate education in mathematics?

All you haters won't ever come close the the status of having a Math Ph.D from Princeton.

You know I'm telling the truth. Not even trolling. Just pointing it out for whatever reason.

Also her thesis is pretty nice, actually.

Usually you just do really well on things like the GRE and display a proficiency in the subject despite not studying it. Plenty of people go into different subjects in graduate school than what they studied in undergraduate.

Though from reading around here, it sounds like she had nepotism and affirmative action more helping her out.

I now notice that she took 6 years to finish her MA, so that was her undergraduate education.

A masters alone is usually 2 years.

She has a point, though.

If a black women is better than me at math, I'm going to feel a bit uncomfortable.

Same thing happened when this very chavish (white) bro turned out to be pretty smart. It took me by surprise and made me a bit comfortable.

I'm pretty sure a lot of guys who aren't even racist would still find it hard to be outsmarted by a black women.

There is still this general feeling that they are stupid even though we try to fight it, so you always feel like you should do better.

I have a phd in math and I've never known anyone who got admitted to a math grad program without an undergrad in math or related field.

Her thesis is a retarded joke. You're either an idiot or baiting or both

She clearly does not know what she is doing to anyone capable of judging based on her work and not just "well she went to Princeton so she must be good"

White people are no different from anyone else. Most of this world is just plain old average. Your skin color mean absolute shit. Indians and Chinese people and even some west and East Africans are kicking ass in math and science in America. Get a reality check America, you are falling behind. Your little pale skin is not going to save you from the intelligent BBC. lmao

Pathetic bait.

>Looks fine

Did you even read it?

How the fuck is this acceptable in a PhD paper?

>no idea

>millenial university of reddit

etc etc I think you all get the picture

The whole paper is like this, except for parts that I strongly suspect were plagiarised from better (i.e. actual) mathematicians.

This is honestly quite appropriate for Veeky Forums. They are discussing the merits of a PhD thesis.

Black never did shit, stop being jealous of the superiority of the white man.

Please do explain why her thesis is a joke.

Read her thesis you fucking moron.

see screenshots posted above

OK, I retract my defence of her. Her Ph.D thesis from Princeton, is at the level of our first years mathematical paper project at my no name university in my no name country.

Pretty sure all BSc thesis are of a higher calibre than hers, as well.

But hey, Princeton.

see

>Anything I don't like is /pol/

Her thesis is a fraud like Ahmed Mohamed's clock bomb. They even look similar.

>He doesn't know about Princeton

My only knowledge of Princeton is the Institute for Advanced Study

Her thesis is a fraud like Ahmed Mohamed's clock bomb. They even look similar.

Why the same post?

...and that would be communism's goal. And it always fails.

She uses casual language and humor in her thesis. I bet that really upsets you.

>"(no idea)"
>Piper Harron, PhD dissertation

Just like tribalism.

She used that bullshit as filler to make her thesis 139 pages long when it had 12 pages of real mathematical content

>what is Gaussian distribution

Checked

shut up this is Veeky Forums, there's no digit checking here.

Tribalism actually works tho or else it wouldn't be the default, instinctual way of man to organize himself. You just can't build large nations with it. That and it's weakness is that it is vulnerable to attack from hostile large nations.

There is now

define "greatest"

Wanted to make the text clearer.