You cannot really replace authentic animal protein with vegan alternatives, can you?

You cannot really replace authentic animal protein with vegan alternatives, can you?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/c7HipY5.png
youtube.com/watch?v=TbBCWZue57M
nutritiondata.self.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I hope this movie isn't shit. I loved the book and was so disappointed when I heard Franco was adapting and starring in it.

My youngest was born with a severely fucked up digestive system.

Long story, lots of intermediate details not relevant to this thread, he is fine now...:

For the first several months of his life he could not digest any proteins, at all. His "formula" was an incredibly expensive, lab created, mixture of the raw amino acids and other chemicals you get after digesting the proteins.

It smelled awful.

So, yeah, if they can do that, they can replicate any proteins you would want in the lab, the questions are is it going to be something you are willing to eat or pay for:

I beg to be able to pay the lowest price for the best protein I can get.
I woudnt go for shit like protein cocktails though

Nutritionally, yes. Taste, mostly no, but there are some pretty good vegan chicken nuggets out there.

This except I'd lean more to mostly yes.

There are a lot of awful vegan meat alternatives, but there are also a ton of really tasty ones.

Most brands will have some good ones and then some bad ones as well, so unfortunately as much as I'd like to recommend specific brands, it really depends. And then there's the issue of everyone's personal preferences. For instance, (as a vegan of 8 years) I think the Beyond Meat products I've tried (notice I didn't say all of them, because there's a possibility other ones would taste good to me) tasted awful, but meat eaters often tell me they love it. It's a texture thing.

There are some that I think are just objectively good though.

Most Gardein is objectively good. There are a few meh ones, but overall they taste incredible.

Tofurky hickory smoked deli slices are objectively good.

Boca chick'n nuggets and chick'n patties I would say are probably objectively good - but the only meat eaters I've tested them on have been children (who loved them).

Morningstar riblets are probably objectively good.

And Field Roast isn't bad either.

But those are the ones I think you should try first, then you can branch off into other meat alternatives if you're feeling adventurous.

Tofu is pretty good
Rice and Beans make a complete protein
Mycoprotein

So yeah its doable. I'd rather be just a vegetarian though, cuz eggs and cheese are gooooooooood

They're (whoever is in the food lab, "trying" to make this happen) working on making synthesized meat a cost-effective alternative to the real thing. At that point, there's the dilemma of "Well, the original cell this was cloned from was probably sourced from an animal", but as long as that cell isn't in any resulting lab-meat, nothing that gets packed up was ever really alive past the most rudimentary meaning of the word.

>Morningstar riblets are probably objectively good

They are objectively terrible, but they're objectively terrible the same way the real thing is.
Technical victory!

what is a vegan alternative to this?

You're that prissy little bitch from the vegan potluck recipes thread aren't you?

>Beans and rice.

>Tofu is pretty good
toilet paper is not too bad either you know

>rice
>protein

Yes, rice and beans is one of the most common complete proteins in the world...

Try reading a book sometime.

>Nutritionally, yes.
youll never be able to replicate authentic bone stock nutritionally,
you can force the minerals into liquid on paper, but it will NEVER EVER be anywhere close to being as bioavailable as natural broth.

I'd give her my bone broth, if you know what I mean.

Sure thing
>White rice
>Protein (g) - 7.1
>Carbohydrates - 80

Might as well wanna eat some Snickers with 4g of protein in each bar

Yeah... go read a book on basic nutrition.

>Try reading a book
>Yeah... go read a book
Are you autistic or what?
I know there could be a bit of protein in many kinds of food, but claiming that rice could be a good source of protein when its 90% carbs - you are truly the genius of Veeky Forums.
Read a book yourself first then give advices

Behold.

botato is not cool
tasty though

did he gain any superpowers?

they don't taste yummy enough :|

Truly the source

>You cannot really replace authentic animal protein with vegan alternatives, can you?

>You cannot really replace authentic animal protein with vegan alternatives, can you?
Yes you can

i.imgur.com/c7HipY5.png

Bigger image

> natural broth.

With activated almonds? We didn't evolve to eat marrow as staple diet.

The only thing special about bone broth is that paleo's like to feed it to babies, because they refuse to have vegans be the only ones to kill them with their diet.

Yes, but if you want s high density protein source you need concentrates/isolates. The only one easily available which doesn't taste like crap is gluten ...

And chicken thigh is 60% fat yet it's considered a good source of protein. Lentils are 70% carbs and are considered a good source of proteins. A steak that has all the fat trimmed is 65% fat. Protein calories are hard to come by in nature. Which is why the world drinks protein shakes. But people have a big misconception as to firstly how much protein we need and secondly where we can get it from.

Rice is a side dish and has 10% protein. Given that main protein dishes have 30-40% that's not bad at all. You could easily meet your protein requirements following a diet that revolves around rice.

This is the only infographic in this thread that doesn't move the goalposts with "protein per 100 calories" or arbitrary percentage bullshit.
This is fucking bullshit. Where do they get these percentages out of? If based on macronutrient content spinach is 30% protein and if based on mass spinach is 2.9% protein. Compare it to chicken tiddy which is from macronutrient standpoint 80% protein and 30% of mass is protein. And who the fuck is gonna eat enough parsley to get noticeable macro content out of that? Fuck that's stupid.

>chicken thigh is 60% fat

Take the skin off, dipshit.

Doing stuff like taking the skin off thighs, yolks out of eggs and making lean bison burgers are little better than eating fake vegan meats. My point was you can eat tasty food in sensible portions and meet your protein requirements. This current obsession with protein is just that, an obsession.

Speaking from a Veeky Forums standpoint some of you wouldn't believe the ungodly amount of food that goes through a hungry skeles system to actually build and maintain any muscle mass. If you're not eating enough protons you're working out for nothing. t's easier to maintain muscle mass while dieting than gain lean mass . That being said I would never take the yolks out of eggs etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=TbBCWZue57M

Again, beyond a limit eating proteins does nothing in building muscle. And that limit is smaller than you think. Getting big is mostly about getting more calories in your system than you expend, lifting more weight than you did last week and resting. Of course you need proteins to build the muscle itself but you're never going to struggle to consume that following a normal diet. You can actually keep your normal diet, work out and eat an additional 2 slices of buttered bread and I guarantee you'll get big. To a point of course, till your weight matches your normal diet + buttered bread. To get bigger than that you'll need to add more calories.

So much is wrong in that picture.

source: nutritiondata.self.com/

Better yet, render the majority of it out while cooking and get a more decent macro profile and more tasty meat.

>We didn't evolve to eat marrow as staple diet.
yeah we did you dumb fuck

Why would you want an alternative to that? Looks fucking vile.

The first one is me (the "prissy little bitch from the vegan potluck recipes thread"). The rest are another vegan meme collector.

Should we turn this into one giant vegan meme thread?

This user has a valid question...

Answer it.

So OP, tell me. Does eating cock invalidate your vegan status?

Not OP, but here goes: while technically animal products, human bodily fluids comply with vegan ethics as long as consent is involved. Taking a nursing mom up on it when she offers you her other tit? Vegan. OP tackles you and forcibly sucks your cock until you come down his throat? Not vegan.

If a chicken could give you its eggs, if she could say, "I don't know why you want these, but whatever, take them, they're not fertilized anyway", it'd be fine. But beef would never be fine. A cow that said "I WANT TO DIE, MAKE STEAKS FROM ME" would be clearly mentally disturbed and in need of psychiatric treatment.

I use to watch this kid who had the same thing, but he was in middle school and still had to drink what was essentially formula. It was this weirdly sour smelling food replacement drink mix that he had to drink with a straw because it was acidic enough to eat away at his teeth. Other than that he'd eat starchy things like rice and potatoes because he didn't like vegetables

I think the real issue is most people don't switch up their animal proteins. Its mostly beef for the majority of people. I'm always surprised by the amount of people who despise fish and other seafood. Hell cow liver is healthier and more nutritious than most other body part of the cow but is hardly consumed.

Yes you can but you have to pay attention