What do you think about Binging with Babish?

What do you think about Binging with Babish?
youtube.com/user/bgfilms/videos

Its like a good Feast of Fiction.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8DCw_eR_iPA
youtube.com/watch?v=pw2A03Z91FI
youtube.com/watch?v=eQ9eY0_DoEk
youtube.com/watch?v=vjZXcapkFEU
youtube.com/watch?v=basFyoMSjds
youtube.com/watch?v=KxPgrGdSHh8
youtube.com/watch?v=Mnu9JRydqJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=_PpZarebqCo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Binging with Reddit

bit of a meme tbqh

>not embedding the video from the OP

fuck you. Not watching any of them now. Kill yourself

That he should die as you cradle him in your arms.

That turkey looks dry.

Meme-tastic!

He is good at videos and his food looks tasty.

Take your pick
youtube.com/watch?v=8DCw_eR_iPA
youtube.com/watch?v=pw2A03Z91FI
youtube.com/watch?v=eQ9eY0_DoEk
youtube.com/watch?v=vjZXcapkFEU
youtube.com/watch?v=basFyoMSjds
youtube.com/watch?v=KxPgrGdSHh8

reddit as fuck.

What a faggot.

In what way is it reddit?

You going to back that up or are you just shit stirring?

>$10k a month on patreon
>$1000/1,000,000 view Ad money

Hey reddit, thanks for the AMA. Welcome to Binging with Reddit. Before we get started, I want to talk to you about SquareSpace and website design.

>1 minute later

Ok lets get started.

>7 minutes later

Hey guys I'm building my new website. Only SquareSpace makes it so easy to build and manage your own website.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mnu9JRydqJ0

>$1000 to $1,000,000
Are you retarded?

ignore this reddit tier shill thread

there are plenty of youtube channels I will go to if I want really professional cooking (see cookinginrussia or bruno albouze), but I like babish's videos because they're easy to watch, well made, he's got a good personality for it, and it's enjoyable seeing little bits of pop culture cross over into cooking.

i mean the guy takes it seriously too, most of his stuff looks like it would taste pretty good and some of the episodes he really does go all out. this isn't molecular gastronomy but it's not trying to be.

god forbid he tries to make a living off it, right?

(You)

I did the math, with how Youtubes add revenue is lately combined with his patreon, hes making about $9k a month which is just barely making a living.

Yeah maybe if you're retarded and don't know how to manage your money.

I live comfortably on like a quarter of that.

How is making 6 figures "barely making a living"?

honestly he's a pretty terrible chef. He uses tons of expensive, pretentious ingredients and makes all his recipes WAY more complex then they need to be. He's no Chef John.

Unfortunately, he's the second best guy on Youtube after John. There really needs to be more good competition.

In most large cities rent for a decent place can be in the thousands a month. That plus living expenses and considering he at least has to pay for a camera man and possibly an editor, and then the food expenses for the videos, $9000 a month isn't a lot of money.

im gonna try the babka

no worries, the soggy bread will balance it

why on earth does he need a cameraman and an editor when the camera doesn't move at all for most of his videos and he can just edit them himself?

I dont know if you've ever tried cooking before, but cooking while operating a camera isn't easy.

And trust me as someone with a year of video editing experience i can tell you that its not easy to do well. Anyone can chop up video clips into a video but doing it right takes hours of work and listening to the same 3 seconds of audio over and over getting it right. Its maddening really.

>He uses tons of expensive, pretentious ingredients and makes all his recipes WAY more complex then they need to be.
He follows recipes as close as he can from the source material. Yeah black garlic is expensive but thats what the recipe called for.

OK, let's try rewording the question then.

Why does he choose unnecessarily complex recipes?

What would you define as "unnecessarily comples"? Because yes black garlic is expensive, but blending it into mayo isn't that complicated. And I can only think of maybe two other times he used expensive ingredients.

Ask >>I was simply rephrasing his question since you clearly misunderstood it when you first replied.

I like him. He knows how to cook and his voice isnt annoying. He doesn't block me from commenting like Jack does. Fuck I hate jack. PS has anyone ever ordered jacks sauce?

>why does he choose
He doesn't. How many signature dishes from well-known fiction can YOU think of?

hilarious how defensive the anonymous posters in this thread are for this shitty channel.

It's almost like those posts were from the guy who made the videos.

>He thinks a youtuber actually cares what people on a chinese finger painting forum think.

>he thinks this thread wasn't created by the faggot who made the shitty youtube channel

I can't sage my posts enough

Videos well made but his whole premise seems entirely uninteresting

user, I'm sorry to tell you this.
But no one actually cares about your opinions.

So it's just like your shitty videos then?

I think he means $1000 per 1,000,000 views

well i'll be damned
didn't think a small dough saturated with 12tbsp of butter & 4 eggs would triple in about an hour

time to refrigerate overnight

>has anyone ever ordered jacks sauce?

>validating Jack
>giving money to Jack
>consuming anything Jack had any hand whatsoever in creating

saying that I am somewhat curious.

We need to find a way to pirate the sauce.

You're retarded

I live in a huge city and spending 1800 a month is like the most expensive shit you can find IN the cities.

He also has a Normal job last I checked. So kill yourself you retarded meme brain

YOU WOULDNT DOWNLOAD A SAUCE

He lives in New York City, the average rent for a 2 bed apartment is $3510 per month.

You should consider professional help, I think you might have brain damage.

Alright, let me break it down into simple math for you

>Decent NYC apartment at average: $3500
>Average cost of food per month: $300
>Plus extra for food for videos, lets say: $200
>Lets say he pays the camera man and editor in scraps: $1500
>General utilities: $180
>Taxes: $690
>and general stuff like clothes, entertainment, ect: $300

All of this going on low averages is $7,170 which leaves him with $1,830 in pocket assuming i didn't miss anything.

>3500 apartment

Yeah if you live in fucking Manhattan.

What's wrong with you.

Also he sure as fuck isn't paying an editor and camera man.

Thats completely retarded if true

But also irrelevant if he was living there with his normal job as it was

I'm talking about when he modifies the recipes to make them "better". Like the time he used edible green gel to do the exact hipster plating thing that Veeky Forums hates. I lost most of my respect for the guy when I saw that.

>Like the time he used edible green gel to do the exact hipster plating thing that Veeky Forums hates.
wut

You mean plate dressing?
The thing any restaurant that requires a jacket does?
What, did you prefer the version of the steak boiled in milk and covered with jelly beans?

>this pleb doesn't prefer his milk steak boiled over hard with the jellybeans raw!

Behold: The epitome of a gibsmedat millennial

are you?

You are drastically overestimating the cost and effort of making a single location, one person youtube show. Also, even with high rent and expensive food $9000 a month is more than plenty.

A fair amount of what he does is quite good, but some things are definitely whack. In the cheesesteak video he makes it west philly style which is fucking garbage (a steak should be with provolone or whiz, and wit or without fried onions), His tomato sauce recipe is kinda whack, and in the ramen video, he completely fucks up Char Siu pork. But, in general, most of the stuff he does is pretty good. The big problem about asking a question like this on Veeky Forums is that he's popular on other websites, and a lot of people don't really like that here, because a lot of Veeky Forums loves hating on what's popular (aka meme foods) while ironically hating on hipsters and how much of a special snowflake they have to be. Just my two cents

:^)

You're talking out of your ass on that dollars:views ratio.

youtube.com/watch?v=_PpZarebqCo
this guy is better

reddit meme faggotry

It's pretty awesome.
>Thanksgiving sandwhich

so let's discuss this monstrosity. Would it actually be good?
I regular all sorts of post-thanksgiving turkey sandwiches so let me say I think that sandwich is missing TEXTURE

that toasted sandwich bread isn't going to give enough support to that mass. It needs SWEET PICKLES

WTF? He literally just makes food from shows that netizen nerds would love to click on a video about making in real life. Unneccessarily complex? Have you ever cooked, ever?

Chef John does it just fine.

thanks scar

He's a fucking fag

>Chef John does it just fine.
No. No he doesn't.

This is true. All of YouTube is pretty much fag. If you like it don't admit it. Otherwise you become fag.

t. whatever your name is who makes these reddit-core videos

He makes cooking recipes. You're a fucking idiot if you think the production for something so inane needs to be complicated.

>cooking recipes

Cooking videos, obvs. You could easily edit what either John or this fag in the OP films in an hour. And you get a hundred thousand views from it. Sounds like a fair trade.

>Hey there is Bubba with my new special recipe using my shitty handycam
>yeah get a good look at that condensation on the lense
>oh shit i dropped it in the ketchup

>You could easily edit what either John or this fag in the OP films in an hour
Then do it.

Anyone care to define Reddit to someone who only uses it for DnD questions?

Like how is this guy Reddit and why would I give a fuck if he was?

Anyone under the age of 50 who doesn't look like Cletus's uncle-brother.

I don't need to prove anything, chef John had done that already.

>awkward cuts at inconsistent angles often times nearly out of frame
No he hasn't.

I really enjoy his videos, I think he's a pretty good cook and I think he does a really good job of filming and editing his videos. He's works in film which is no surprise and he's got a good sense of humour despite frequenting reddit. I'm happy for him that he has blown up on youtube recently

Minus $1500 for that camera man, he was a film maker prior. He is the camera man.

New guy here fyi, don't trust the chili

>but if you live in the most expensive place on the planet then its not even that much money!

kek
talk about being out of touch

fpbp

t. Rea

you even type like a redditor baka

It's pretty good.

>HE POSTED VIDEOS ON A LARGER CONTENT AGGREGATOR SITE

Stop defending board culture that doesn't exist anymore, retarded nigger.

Update us babka user.

It constantly shows up in my recommendations feed even tho I only watched one episode of it and it was a month ago

>9k a month
>In America

He's doing great you fucking moron

trips of truth, checked

Nigga wut?
I live in a large city and make like $1200 a month and I'm fine
9k would be a dream for me that shit is not just barely making a living

That's $108,000 per year you dumb fuck

t. faggots

i hate you

You are fucking wrong, at least in respect to this dinky youtube cooking show. The camera at most adjust up and down, easy to do from across the desk. It's just one static set up. You probably didn't watch any of his videos. The editing is dead simple considering there's barely any audio other than just his voice over. It's not complex storytelling, its just showing the steps. It probably takes like a day.

Its all fun and games until you have to completely redo a recipe because you messed up or forgot to record 30 minutes of footage.

I guess, if he was a fucking idiot.

>Decent NYC apartment at average: $3500
found the retard