Surely it is not beyond the wit of scientists to invent something tastes like chocolate but has zero or almost zero...

Surely it is not beyond the wit of scientists to invent something tastes like chocolate but has zero or almost zero calories. Could anyone explain to me why this hasn't been done yet?

Because fat people are typically too dumb for science, and they're the only people who care about this issue.

But think of all the money you could make from selling zero calorie chocolate to fat people which could be spent on colonizing Mars or whatever.

cocoa butter alternatives are shit. good luck.

Are you asking why artificial sweetener hasn't been invented?

I think the mistake you're making here is that you are confusing scientist with magician, you fucking idiot

chocolate doesn't have enough calories to bother. It is the sugar and fat that retards add to it.

i think they are called drugs

Try 80 % chocolate.

It is dry and bitter but it is the real thing.

Calories come into it once you add cocoa butter and sugar.

>MUMMY I WANT CHOCOLATE!!!
>MUMMY I WANT CHOCOLATE!!!
>>MUMMY I WANT CHOCOLATE!!!
>MUMMY I'M FAT ASS NOW!!!!
>BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
>MAKE ME ZERO CALORIE FOOD SO I CAN STUFF MY FACE ALL DAY LONG MUMMY!!!!!

>dietary fat is bad meme

>scientists
>understanding money

Only one of those people said fat. And an adequate diet is extremely simple. Do you eat more calories than you burn? Yes? Then you gain weight. That is the only question that matters. You could eat only Twinkies and dietary supplements for nutrients and be healthy

The other mentioned cocoa butter.

Because cocoa has Calories itself so if we used low Calorie ingredients in the rest of the chocolate making it will still have those from the bean.

disgusting

dont forget the fat in choco

There are sweeteners that are sub 1 calorie, but our body goes out of whack and thinks we're eating a shitload of sugar because it's so sweet.

there's probably something like that. you can probably make it with artificial sweetener and vegetable fat

>our body goes out of whack and thinks we're eating a shitload of sugar because it's so sweet.
What exactly does that mean?

When it realizes you didn't get all the calories with that it puts your body into fat storage mode and you get fatter. Plus, it makes you hungrier. You know, like all those fat people who drink diet soda.

you're b8ing arent you???

a sweet taste triggers metabolic processes in your body that raises insulin etc

even LOOKING at something that might be sweet can trigger this

You don't get nearly as fat as you would from actually eating a comparable amount of sugar, but the effect is still non-negligible.

this, the actual chocolate part is fine. its mostly just americans filling everything up with sugar/fat making it disgusting.

Because caloric value is measure of heat expelled by chemical energy and most complex sugars provide more chemical energy and therefore are higher in calories.

>You could eat only Twinkies and dietary supplements for nutrients and be healthy
Literally not true.

Fuck that, just eat dark chocolate.

I'm more interested in figuring out how to make a zero calorie burger. America will be changed forever.

Cocoa butter gives it flavor
that's fat
Cocoa nibs is the basic form
it's hard and bitter
sugar has calories
Cocoa powder has carbs because it's still a bean powder

So you're left with an extract, water or alcohol. Cocoa liqueur is terrible on its own and I think the amount of sugar alcohols you'll need will make you shit all day

Chocolate, similar to coffee and wine and most other extracts, is a strong base that is enhanced and diluted. You will not have a calorie free chocolate bar, because a bat has weight, and a lot of grams, and it is hard to find something that can carry all of that as something palatable.

I think you're better off adding a drop of chocolate liqueur into coffee and stirring in a spoon of xylitol

90% Lindt is fucking delicious

What is artificial sweetener? Inb4 cancer meme, which gets continually disproven. Sweet n lol is one of the great inventions and people don't even realize it yet because we haven't completely wiped out sugar from our diets.

A sweetener that is not natural

Economics in general is trivial, and any scientists who make an active attempt to understand it are wasting their time.

That's the point, sugar is terrible for you. Only through consumption of fruits and other sugary foods should it be consumed, otherwise keep it the fuck out of anything that isn't that.

Literally what, you asked what an artificial sweetener was and I told you
Keep your spergouts to yourself, please

>Surely it is not beyond the wit of scientists to invent something

Nothing has ever been invented.

You're clearly new here so I won't bash you too hard. What is artificial sweetener is a rhetorical question that is an answer to OP's dumb question. You should probably kill yourself, but only if you make the same mistake twice

>What is artificial sweetener
I told you,

usualy i buy 85% chocolate

>some how get giftet a generic choclate bar
>after some weeks i decide to eat it because i crave some piece of chocolate
>it tastes digusting
>look up the nutriotion facts 100g chocolate contains 59g sugar
This in not chocolate its Sugar with chocolate taste.

labeling shugar as chocolate should be banned and the company owners should get an overdose of insulin injected

Everyone in here is fucking retarded, so here's a real answer
>why hasn't 0 calorie chocolate been made
0 calorie fat exists (olestra for example), but since you can't absorb it, it builds up at your asshole. Now this wouldn't be a problem if fatasses ate one square of chocolate but they would eat ten pounds of the stuff if it was calorie free, which would result in a problem called anal leakage, which companies don't want to get sued for.

t. nutritional scientist

Surely it is not beyond the wit of scientists to land a rocket on the sun. Could someone explain to me why this hasn't been done yet?

No one has tried going at night. Fuck Drumpf and fuck science.

But there's already a fruit that tastes exactly like chocolate, but is healthy as fuck.

Much like In Vitro Meat, THE MAN is keeping it down because replacing wares is expensive. Cocoa supplies are on the verge of running out anyway so it's inevitable.

They already have it; it's called coffee with skim milk and sweet-n-low.

It even has caffeine like real chocolate.

chocolate flavored whey powder has way less calories than chocolate and it tastes pretty good

Take out the fats and you just get anxiety.
Why not cocoa liquor flavored gum?

Well, we already have cigarettes user

Eating zero calorie food

Jesus Christ. Literally worse than eating nothing at all

It doesn't matter if healthy food tastes good. If it's tasty enough, there will be people that eat too much of it anyway, and eating too much of something always ends up bad. Even too much water can kill you

>Twinkies and dietary supplements for nutrients
L0Lno fgt pls
Lrn2nutrients

>Surely it is not beyond the wit of scientists to invent something tastes like chocolate but has zero or almost zero calories. Could anyone explain to me why this hasn't been done yet?

Because a calorie is a unit of food energy.

All food has energy (calories)

If it DOESN'T have calories, it isn't food.

Is this picture accurate?

bro i was thinking of going into nutritional science, because i'm damn interested in nutrition
is it a good gig?

have you tried this fruit yourself?
and what's the shit called

>nutritional "science"
Get a real degree.

i don't get it
what's so unscientific about nutrition

I think you're projecting

You can't trick the body lol.

The "tests" are conducted by people who were too stupid for biology or chemistry, and as a result there is a severe lack of rigor.

Testing the nutrition of something involves doing one of two things:
-Dissolving it in acid to see what exactly it breaks down into and how fast. This lets you say that eating one thing is equivalent to eating another thing.
-Doing animals studies on the effects of specific compounds found in food or the lack of therefore.
There is absolutely NOTHING about nutrition that would warrant a specialized set of knowledge.

Sigh...
The answer you are looking for is...
Stevia infused cocoa flavoured non-toxic playdough...

>a sweet taste triggers metabolic processes in your body that raises insulin etc

Did they actually test this? I see this regurgitated all the time

>But there's already a fruit that tastes exactly like chocolate, but is healthy as fuck.

cocoa is healthy. It's all the shit they do to make it edible that's not. Stick with 90% and 100% if you can handle how god damned dry it is.

i thought nutrition was a combination of biology and chemistry
and from what i heard they seem to be making new nutritional discoveries still, so i figured there's gotta be some r&d potential
but desu i just don't know a lot about it

Damn user, I guess I need to stop looking at you then

chocolate flavored ice cubes through the power of chemistry?