Offal

Got around half a kilo of chicken hearts for like $2.

Now what?

throw them in the trash

Chomp em down like grapes. Don't forget to roar as if you were a dragon.

Good fucking question.

What were you thinking?

faggot

They serve those at Brazillian steakhouses and they are delicious, so however they cook it. skewered and on the grill with a marinade that you like.

Brazilians and the Japanese love them.

I had them in Japan in a Yakitori house. They grill them over hot coals and they're delicious.

put in marinade of chili garlic soy sauce sugar put on a skewer throw it on the BBQ

That is more expensive than regular chicken.

Anyway, marinade them and then cook them quickly on high heat, preferably a grill.

Can someone please describe the taste/texture

I fucking love chicken hearts.

My favorite methods of eating them are to either grill them on skewers or to chop them up, sautee with shallots and herbs, and then use that as the filling for stuffed mushrooms.

Batter and deep fry with a nice dipping sauce of mayo ground sesame seed lemon juice and a bit of chilli powder shits fire

I buy these by the pound with gizzards. I eat the gizzards raw and I bake the hearts in the oven and eat them with ketchup. They never get done all the way, though, so probably not the best method. But whatever works.

Not in Australia, senpai.

$10-$12 per kg for chicken breast
$4.50 per kg for chicken hearts.

Texture a bit like the denser parts near the bone on a drumette, maybe a bit of cartilage, strong chicken taste with a hint of iron like if you've ever tried liver.

yeah bruh i feed them to my cat. no way am I gonna eat that shit.

Anyone ever tried lambs brains?

Recently saw them crumbed and deep fried on tv and was intrigued to try them.

I mostly feed offal to my doggo to make him big and strong

but I don't mind eating any myself

good on toast according to my grandma

Does she do anything specific with them or just stick in a pan for a while then onto toast?

I'll buy chicken livers and pan fry them for me and my cat sometimes.

The little bastard goes apeshit over rabbit though. If he smells any trace of the meat on your hands, he'll try and take your finger clean off.

I dunno, she used to talk about food she liked growing up and that was one of them, I got the impression you make it like scrambled eggs

It's funny how each cat has their own crack.

I can't open a can of tuna without mine turning into a total gibsmedat nigger.

If there's fresh tuna in the house, he needs to be outside.

I've heard you should poach them a bit first to firm them up so they don't disintegrate in the pan.

>Tuna
I had to start letting mine outside to burn all that weight he gained from it

He's a handsome boy.

I had them at a soba place last night. I'm pretty sure they just slow cooked them in a basic broth, and then added the noodles

Chicken heart porkolt. Sear strongly, then simmer for a couple hours with garlic, onion, bay leaves, allspice and paprika or chili.

Inferior to regular meat, but still quite tasty, and so cheap. Plus no chopping required.

forgot to add: simmer in the same pot you sear them in, residue from searing makes the core of the sauce. Add light roux at the end.

feed them to the dog

Gimmie that stuffed mushroom recipe

It's good shit, OP. Don't listen to stupid faggots.

>Got around half a kilo of chicken hearts for like $2.
>
>Now what?
Kosher salt, pepper and then grill them. If you're feeling it, make farofa. Eat.

1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c flour
1/2 c italian bread crumbs
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 to 1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 egg
2 to 3 Tbsp milk

put hearts in pot of water with salt, boil for 45 minutes
drain and cool

mix all the dry ingredients in a bag
mix egg and milk
dredge in wet, toss around in dry, shake n bake style

except now you pan fry them in oil. heart nuggets

Okay so that's about 2 pounds.
I'd recommend this.
>Cook em with olive oil, pepper, salt, chili powder, garlic powder
>Serve with a light salad, maybe spinach, avocados, onion, scallions, red cabbage, croutons
>make like mac n cheese or something
Wallah

>I bought something
>what do I do with it?
Retard.

I've never written it down, but it goes something like this:
-get some portabello mushrooms before the caps have fully opened. Scoop out the stems & the inside of the mushrooms with a spoon leaving the caps hollow and ready to fill.
-chop up the stems & the hearts
-heat some oil in a pan. Saute the mushroom stem choppings, chopped chicken hearts, and shallots. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and herbs. I like to use thyme. If you're feeling extra-fancy then hit the filling with a splash of booze & flambe.
-spoon the filling you just made into the hollowed out caps.
-press panko bread crumbs onto the top of the filling.
-Roast in a hot oven until the panko browns slightly.

They're used in BBQ here in Brazil. I never really cared for them but people go crazy over that. Have them with beer or wine.

This sounds great. I'd be tempted to add almonds or walnuts for a bit of texture.

Where the hell do you get hearts in USA? I've been wanting to go to this asian market but I'd be worried about the freshness of the product.

Sure, you could add the nuts if you want that kind of texture.

Where to get hearts? Every ordinary supermarket that I've ever set foot in has them.

I have to get them at the International market too because regular groceries only have gizzards and livers. Quality has always been good. International markets are great for those meats people think are "weird" and freshness usually won't be an issue because their customers use them a lot.

Fry or grill it in garlic or some sweet + spicy mix. Enjoy it with whatever.

t. ck expert

Theres a meat section in my small town safeway that has unusual cuts of meat like chicken livers, thighes, and hearts. Also different cuts of beef

Open the greatest Britbong restaurant in the world. Have the Queen come to sample your exotic culinary delights.

Man, I got a half k for $4 today and was happy about that. Now I feel cheated.
Just fry them in some oil with salt and pepper, serve with rice and mushrooms of your choice.

>Okay so that's about 2 pounds.
Nice education you have there, buddy.

Americans truly can't comprehend the metric system.

Where do you live?

salt and fry them a little bit til brown.
remove from pan.
fry some chopped garlic, chopped onions, sliced bell peppers.
add hearts back into the pan. add some tomato paste, let it all brown a little bit. add sherry or portwine and reduce it.
add chicken broth and crushed tomatos. season with paprika, salt, pepper, chilli powder if you like
simmer for 20 minutes, til hearts are tender

enjoy.

It's chicken heart taco time.

Texas, currently. I had no trouble getting them in Florida or Louisiana either.

There's a restaurant in LA that serves fried veal brains in this curryish apricot sauce and it's one of the best things i've ever had

this sounds bomb

>brazilian

UMA

DELÍCIA

>being australian

CARALHO

make yakitori!

feed them to cats
chicken hearts are a good source of taurine which is vital to feline health

simmer them for 10 - 20 minutes then coat them in seasoned flour and fry until golden brown

delicious with Tabasco or your favorite hot sauce

same goes for chicken gizzards

I'll give some to my cat but I'll be eating them.

Didn't end up cooking them last night. Made fried chicken breasts at like 2am and then ate them in a sandwich. Was delicious. Still got some left over.

>That is more expensive than regular chicken.
Such things vary by region and are more about demand.
Americans eat a lot of turkey in sandwiches and stuff but they prefer the leaner meat. The fattiest part, the turkey tail, sells so poorly locally that they actually marketed them to foreign countries and in some such countries the fatty product is so cheap and widely available that it has been named as a factor in obesity booms.
On the other hand, lamb tends to be relatively expensive throughout most of america simply because a big demand didn't develop so it's more speciality than beef or pork.

You can also thank hipsters catching on to ethnic cooking for the big price hike in a lot of organs and cuts of meat that weren't traditionally expensive in some areas.

Where in the world is duck cheap?

China?

Is that a monkey?

Yes. It's being eaten by that ape.

There's a pub near me that serves them the same way but I've never had the nerve to the them

make kebab out of them

>China?
I'd guess, at least places like that where it's popular/common are probably cheaper than elsewhere.